[ROM][SM-G318H/HZ/DS/ML] Mega Thread Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Neo/ Galaxy V Plus

Which ROM you are using ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

TomasBrod

May 18, 2018
www.tbrada.eu
White screen TWRP (Watchdog?)

Hello. First, thank you all for the work on modding this phone.
I have a problem. The screen goes white in TWRP.
So I flashed in recovery image of TWRP, from the first post, rebooted and was greeted with the TWRP user interface. Everything seemed to work. Display was clear and the menu responded to my touch. However after exactly 10 seconds, the screen just goes solid bright white. It seems to still be alive, because pressing the power button makes the screen black and then shortly white again and it vibrates when I touch. After about a minute it goes dark completely.
I successively tried all images linked from the first post: 2.8.7.0, 3.0.2-0 and 3.1.1-0. All of them show the same faulty behaviour. The fact that is crashes after exactly 10 seconds makes me think this is a watchdog issue, but I have no idea how recovery mode works internally.
I flashed with heimdall, and just the recovery.img partition, if that makes a difference.
I would like to try CWM, but I could not find a image of it yet.
Can you help me, please?

Edit: found twrp image MD5=07f6d0d6780c7650578c54f44d0cc6cb that does not go white screen, but adb shell does not work and gives libc.so missing error, so I still need help getting the newer recover up. Or should I better buy new phone?

Last edited:

TomasBrod

May 18, 2018
www.tbrada.eu
Sources?

Because the devices are not present in the official repo manifest, I am interested how you build those?
Which manifest repo are those roms based on?
Where are the device specific files located? Are they public? If not, can you please put them somewhere?
If I understand correctly I need:
  1. device tree (android_device_*)
  2. the kernel (android_kernel_*)
  3. other tweaks to the working directory
I found some references to vivalto3mve on google, but they are forks of each other and I do not know which is the one.

dmitrypershin2015

Mar 14, 2016
rechitsa
Because the devices are not present in the official repo manifest, I am interested how you build those?
Where are the device specific files located? Are they public? If not, can you please put them somewhere?
I found some references to vivalto3mve on google, but they are forks of each other and I do not know which is the one.
http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=318h

unknown

Oct 2, 2016
Hanoi
dohoangkhanhnam.blogspot.com

Ok , I have seen some messenges like this and i also asked this before , and here is what i know :
1 ) There is only 4.4.4 cm stable trees available , you can see on carlo's github . But even that source was also confused me : There is only device tree and kernel tree , i can't find vendor . And i also don't know how to build ROM as there isnt a local_manifest or a guide to build .
2) Actually Ace 4 didn't have "source-built ROM" since 5.1.1 ( as far as i know ) and our devs used a method called "crossported android"- Use stuff from older android version with newer kernel to port higher android ROM and fix the bug ( I saw many indo porter did this well ) and this isn't "source-built ROM" , so you can't make source build ROM for this phone since 5.1.1 , you just can port ROM . Only kernel source is available ( i think ) , so you can make kernel with tweak for this phone . I don't have kernel source but you can ask hung or go to ace 4 4pda forum and ask . Some of 6.0 and 7.1 ROMs now are ported from Core Prime ( a device which has full trees and closer stuff to Ace 4) and Redmi 2 ( which has same chipset )
Also if you good at kernel stuff or something , you can help carlo's to make oreo kernel for Ace 4 and Ace 4 users can enjoy oreo taste :)
Have fun and good luck :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hungvip2001

TomasBrod

May 18, 2018
www.tbrada.eu
Have fun and good luck :) :)

Thank you Mr. Unknown.
At the start of the year, I did not even know that Android could be compiled from source, (I knew the kernel could, as I am a seasoned Linux user). It is pretty unfortunate, but nothing new, that manufacturers do not publish their sources.

The fact that threre are code-names, model numbers, marketing names, and even multiple variants to each makes it more confusing that is should be. Yeah, and I do not have Ace 4, but trend 2 lite.

What you describe seems like a too big task to take on me, I really do not want to dig deep into android sources. I could compile, or modify a kernel, change some configs, but not port over and fix bugs. I mean, i could, but I do not want to invest that much time. And also this phone is too old to waste a lot of time on, for the next one, I will be sure to pick one with the trees available.

I am now running CM-12, which is already a decent upgrade from android 4.4. The higher versions did work, but were lagging pretty badly.

It would certainly help if developers, who succeeded in building rom thru the complicated process of "crossporting" would publish their setup, so others can continue without duplicating the work.

I would really appreciate FULL sources of the MD5=07f6d0d6780c7650578c54f44d0cc6cb recovery image. And by sources I do not mean specially the trees and stuff, it could be base images and patches these were made from.

unknown

Oct 2, 2016
Hanoi
dohoangkhanhnam.blogspot.com
Thank you Mr. Unknown.
At the start of the year, I did not even know that Android could be compiled from source, (I knew the kernel could, as I am a seasoned Linux user). It is pretty unfortunate, but nothing new, that manufacturers do not publish their sources.

The fact that threre are code-names, model numbers, marketing names, and even multiple variants to each makes it more confusing that is should be. Yeah, and I do not have Ace 4, but trend 2 lite.

What you describe seems like a too big task to take on me, I really do not want to dig deep into android sources. I could compile, or modify a kernel, change some configs, but not port over and fix bugs. I mean, i could, but I do not want to invest that much time. And also this phone is too old to waste a lot of time on, for the next one, I will be sure to pick one with the trees available.

I am now running CM-12, which is already a decent upgrade from android 4.4. The higher versions did work, but were lagging pretty badly.

It would certainly help if developers, who succeeded in building rom thru the complicated process of "crossporting" would publish their setup, so others can continue without duplicating the work.

I would really appreciate FULL sources of the MD5=07f6d0d6780c7650578c54f44d0cc6cb recovery image. And by sources I do not mean specially the trees and stuff, it could be base images and patches these were made from.

Well...
First , the manufacturers published only kernel source , so it gives dev a chance to boot higher android and develop ROM . There is no vendor and device tree , you need to make it by edit other phone tree or make a completely scratch tree . If manufacturers didn't published kernel source , you could imagine how hard for dev to make a scratch kernel with MORE THAN 17000000 lines and make it boot on a device !
Second , 4.4.4 trees is available . You just need to make normal android bringup on tree ( as beta kernel already available )
Third , upper android would work ( thanks to carlo and indo porter for their work to keep this phone alive ) . And lagging is nothing special ( although this phone is high-end 512 mb ram phone , which has more than 50-100 mb to the first 512 mb ram generation , its still lag because upper android need lots of ram expect lollipop ( as lollipop used some hack , i think ) ) . You can reduce lag by add zram , swap or make ROM debloat , it might make your phone smoothier and faster .
Fourth , you should go to 4pda . Maybe they will have the things we need ( as most rom here are from 4pda )
Fifth , you should tell twrp version so we can find it easier

PetrosFan

Apr 14, 2017
Heraklion
Android 7.x rom:
( GPS fix and root add-on in #1)
- LineageOS 14.1 : v2.1---v1

- RR v5.8.3: v2---v2 Patch--v1--v1 Patch

- AOKP: Beta---Kernel Patch

- XOSP 7: Beta

- BeanStalk 7: Link

- AICP 12.1: Beta---Patch

- Crdroid: Beta

- ViperOS: Beta

Android 6.0.1 Rom:
(GPS fix in #1)
- CM13: Link

- LOS13: Link

- PAC ROM: Link---Patches

- ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.4: Link---Patches

-FlymeOS 6: Link

-MIUI v8: Link

Android 5.0.1/5.1 Rom:
-CM12:Link---G318HZ version

- BlazeUI: Link

- XPERIENCE ROM (beta): Link

- MaxiCM (Stable): Link

-Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.2: Link---Patches

-Crdroid: Link---G318HZ version

-Temasek 19.6: v1---Patches v1---v2 deodexed

-FIUI 12.1: Link---G318HZ version

-PAC-ROM_LP_MR1.Unofficial :Link---G318HZ version

-Xperia Z5G rom: Link

-AICP 10 rom: Link---G318HZ version

-Galaxy j1 mini (TouchWiz 2016): Link

-FlymeOS :Link

-TeslaOS: Link

-darryDay v2: Link

Android 4.4.x Rom:
-CM11:Link

-CM11( specially for G318HZ, which has front-camera): Link

-JenOS: Link

-XperU ROM:Link

-XperU v2: Link

-BoolOS :Link

-FUI ROM :Link

-PAC ROM :Link

-MIUI v5: Link

-MIUI v6: Link

-MIUI v7:Link---G318HZ version

-MOKEE ROM: Link

-LewaOS: Link

-FoxRom v3.0.1: Link

-JenangOS: Link

-TeslaOS: Link

-Spirit ROM: Link

-LoliNova/Fiui L themed: Link

-Apexperi: Link

-AOGP: Link

Stock-based ROM: (GApps in #1)
-darryDay v1: Link

-Tomahawk: Link

-Speed Rom: v2---v3

-GraceUX (Final Stable): Link

-Green Rom (S7-MOD): Link

Great Work!! Thank You Very much!
But i cant install speedrom v3 on stock based roms Tab

SoWimDP

Feb 17, 2015
One more thing that i want to mention is if u have latest stock rom with "ASKS Security"....before doing any root method,pls downgrade ur rom first.

How to know if u have "ASKS Security" installed ?
-Go to Settings > About Phone > Find "ASKS Security Version"

If dont have it then u are on the old version of stock rom and can do any root method without any problem.

it is because if u do that u will get stuck on Logo when u boot for example "Galaxy V Plus" because i have sm-g318hz device.
i have experience this problem when i try flashing prerooted rom when i have "ASKS Security" installed on my sm-g318hz.

How i can downgrade the firmware? Odin? Which firmware i have to use?

geecoon

Nov 17, 2018
Big Thanks for @hungvip2001 and other developers on XDA, the great developer on our devices. Could you like help me for new and best custom roms for Lenovo S890, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, and Galaxy V Plus G318HZ here?
Special thanks for anyone that sharing here all about true link about new firmware of Sony Xperia Z Lte (C6603)-no root. I still waiting for this here, although until now i'm not yet got it.

Top Liked Posts