[ROM][SM-G850W][sltecan] CyanogenMod 13.0 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy Alpha (S801)

Search This thread

xandros9

Aug 29, 2011
I don't know how it is now, but in the olden days of CM, you could simply talk to the CM guys and ask to be a maintainer for a specific device as long as they thought you wouldn't flake. I can't see why they would change that policy now. The used to say no because you were way too out in the weeds when it came to the changes you made to get stuff working, but if this build is created anyway like it works then that shouldn't be a problem.

All that being said, I found a bug, the max resolution of camera app is showing up as 6MP.

oh that's interesting, I wasn't aware of how that worked.

Google Camera seems to count all 12 but yea Snap doesn't go past 6.

blinksilver

Sep 23, 2007
oh that's interesting, I wasn't aware of how that worked.

Google Camera seems to count all 12 but yea Snap doesn't go past 6.

i noticed, but i did like the double press to use camera. I literally can't believe that's the only bug I found. Such a great build.

Any reason SELinux is not set to enforcing?

Dentora

Feb 7, 2016
Ambient display works for me.

I'm on the second-to-most-recent January 17th 2016 build though.

(should I uninstall Xposed when updating? still a bit inexperienced on the Android side.)

I updated mine to the most recent build looked online and if it's not a major change ie 12 to 13 you should be able to update the rom without a wipe from twrp. clear the cache after updating it,
you will need to reinstall your Gapps, Root if you use SuperSU instead of the CM Root, and Reflash xposed but it should work just follow the manually update guide here (wiki(dot)cyanogenmod(dot)org/w/Updating) new to this site so cant post links yet

Reactions: xandros9

Yo90bosses

Aug 25, 2014
I noticed you added the New camera app and i tried it out. I realized the photos habe a max resolution of 6mp and not the normal 12mp the back camera is capable of. Also the Video setting says its capable if doing 240fps slow motion and 120fps fast motion but none of those setting work. Is that normal or habe they not been implemented yet?
If so then will you ever add the feature? Because the camera app if the only thing that makes me want to go back to the stock Rom.
One last thing, is it normal that the images and Videos are so grainy?

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
I noticed you added the New camera app and i tried it out. I realized the photos habe a max resolution of 6mp and not the normal 12mp the back camera is capable of. Also the Video setting says its capable if doing 240fps slow motion and 120fps fast motion but none of those setting work. Is that normal or habe they not been implemented yet?
If so then will you ever add the feature? Because the camera app if the only thing that makes me want to go back to the stock Rom.
One last thing, is it normal that the images and Videos are so grainy?
Please use Google Camera that provides 12mp.

blinksilver

Sep 23, 2007
turned out being just a dumb APN issue...

But this time for real. take a difference phone, worst one you own, and walk into a dimly lit room (like a bar), take a photo with both phones and you'll notice that the alpha does not do any auto adjustment for night time shots.

The is the case with both the CM camera and the google camera.

Last edited:

xandros9

Aug 29, 2011
Any way we can donate to you kyasu?

Your work is the biggest single reason I can enjoy what's closest to my ideal phone out there so I'd like to buy you a drink.

Reactions: clearbox

Yo90bosses

Aug 25, 2014
So are you going to add more Features to the camera?
Like 1080p 60fps, Video stabilizer and slow motion?

osc123

Nov 22, 2015
New build is available (See the first post).
Sync with the latest CM source.
Add Fingerprint scanner (kang from klte).

Excellent work kyasu - very much appreciate your efforts!

So far everything working fine on this build with the exception of the recent apps hardkey. Back hardkey works fine but recent apps does nothing, unless I am missing a config that needs to be manually set.

Please keep up the fantastic work - your efforts are hugely appreciated :D

osc123

Nov 22, 2015
Excellent work kyasu - very much appreciate your efforts!

So far everything working fine on this build with the exception of the recent apps hardkey. Back hardkey works fine but recent apps does nothing, unless I am missing a config that needs to be manually set.

Please keep up the fantastic work - your efforts are hugely appreciated :D

After a full charge overnight this issue appears to resolve itself and hard buttons work as expected!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    This is an unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 build for the SM-G850W which is a Snapdragon variant of Galaxy Alpha and has an unlocked bootloader.
    This ROM does not work with Exynos variant (SM-G850F) nor a locked bootloader (SM-G850A).

Instructions

1. Make sure that your SM-G850W has the Lollipop bootloader and modem (The last installed stock ROM must be 5.0.2).
    2. Flash TWRP recovery via Odin.
      • Use Odin without 'Auto Reboot' option.
      • After flashing TWRP via Odin, shutdown your phone (for example remove battery). Don't reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
    3. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Home + Power).
    4. Optional: Do nandroid backup
    5. Wipe data / Factory Reset
    6. Install the ROM (CM zip).
    7. Install the Google Apps.
    Enjoy!

Known Issues

Everything seems to work fine.
    • None

Downloads

All: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=42013
    LineageOS 13.0: lineage-13.0-20170122-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip
    CyanogenMod 13.0: cm-13.0-20161223-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip
    TWRP: twrp-3.0.3-0-sltecan.tar
    Latest Modem: G850WVLU1BPG1_G850WOYA1BPG1_bootmodem.tar

Sources

https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_sltecan
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_samsung_sltecan

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][SM-G850W][sltecan] CyanogenMod 13.0 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy Alpha (S801), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Contributors
    kyasu
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: CyanogenMod/LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2017-01-22
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-22

Created 2015-10-22
    Last Updated 2017-01-22
    cm-13.0-20160305-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip

Add Fingerprint scanner (kang from klte).
    cm-13.0-20151220-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip

Update graphics blobs.
    cm-13.0-20151227-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip

cm-13.0-20151213-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip

Now android version is 6.0.1.