Discontinued [Rom][SM-G955U/U1/W][Combination_FA70_G955USGU5ARH8_V5_BL][Rooted+Safestrap][SamFail]

Search This thread

Mascot-007

May 27, 2019
You can get your stock firmware from one of those 2 sites. They are slow but have most of them. The 5rh digit back from far end is your bootloader revision. Your device is on a revision 5 bootloader so any firmware you download has to have a 5 in the 5h to last spot. After obtaining your firmware. You flash it with odin 3.13 and all is undone you will be on the latest firmware unrooted 100% stock again
Thanks a bunch. It worked. I am now running Stock ROM (Pie 9.0) on the phone.

Reactions: TheMadScientist
I've been thinking about something like this for about 2 months on the note. Didn't know how to follow through. Haven't checked this forum in a little bit.

You've given me some great ideas. Because the s8 files seems to have later build dates than mine. And I seem to have most of the same files already minus the Edl's and the modified's. I need to get my packing tools built.

It truly might really be fully translatable. This is great news.

DM2019

Jul 8, 2019
BRB1 vs ARH8

this is the more recent of the 2 combo's (ARH8) and the green screen issue has been fixed . true or false :confused:

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I have been having a hard time getting the right Stock ROM for my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955U). I have tried flashing (through Odin) different stock roms I got from the internet BUT none seems to be compatible with my phone. Presently I am running a custom rom (7.0) a guy (Technician) from oneclickroot.com flashed (remotely) to my phone last month in quest to root my phone. I wasn't expecting a lower version firmware to be flashed to my phone when I requested for their service to help root the phone and my phone ended up being downgraded from Stock ROM (8.0) to a lower and rooted version of firmware (7.0). Now I am fed up with the custom rom because the experience has been terrible as I can no longer use face recognition, iris scanner, my battery no longer charges up to 100% (it stops at 80%) etc.

I would be glad if an expert can please help provide an exact download link for Stock ROM (7.0/8.0) that can work with my phone.

Device Info:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Model: SM-G955U (dream2qltesq)
Baseband Version: G955USQS5CRF5
RIL Version: Samsung RIL v3.0
Build Number: NRD90M.G955USQS2BRB1
Build Fingerprint: samsung/dream2qltesq/dream2qltesq:7.0/NRD90M/G955USQS2BRB1:user/release-keys
Bootloader: FA70_G955USQU5ARF1
Java VM: ART 2.1.0
OS Version: Nougat (7.0)
SDK: 24

PROCESSOR
CPU Architecture: AArch64 Processor rev 1 (aarch64)
Board: msm8998
Chipset Qualcomm Technologies, Inc MSM8998
Cores: 8
Clock Speed: 1171 MHz - 2361 MHz
Instruction Sets: arm64-v8a
CPU Features: fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU Governor: interactive
Kernel Version: 4.4.16-12542406
Kernel Architecture: aarch64

Thanks in anticipation.

Did you try the Nand erase option in ODIN ? Might be a good idea to give a wipe since your coming from the BRB1 combo. Is this correct ? Your rooted with safestrap on BRB1 ?

cici_bb

Aug 14, 2019
Unlock the bootloader flash twrp recovery then magisk

Sent using some kind of device I modified

would you please help me with something?
i try to upload 2 pics of my current phone and the status of my phone but im too young here
i only wanna delete everything from google, email, weather and samsung internet. (my experience is with galaxy s6&s7) or if you can help me with a rom that is deodexed.

my phone is g955u
the error odin is giving me is:
CARRIET: ATT
RPMB fuseblown
RPMB PROVISIONED
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
FRP LOCK: OFF
KG STATUS: CHECKING
WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SERCUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B5(2,1,1,1,1) k4 s5
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
DID: 205e94839b8d
SW REV CHECK FAIL: (abl) fused 5 > Binary 1

thank you very very much

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
would you please help me with something?
i try to upload 2 pics of my current phone and the status of my phone but im too young here
i only wanna delete everything from google, email, weather and samsung internet. (my experience is with galaxy s6&s7) or if you can help me with a rom that is deodexed.

my phone is g955u
the error odin is giving me is:
CARRIET: ATT
RPMB fuseblown
RPMB PROVISIONED
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
FRP LOCK: OFF
KG STATUS: CHECKING
WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SERCUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B5(2,1,1,1,1) k4 s5
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
DID: 205e94839b8d
SW REV CHECK FAIL: (abl) fused 5 > Binary 1

thank you very very much

Your on a revision 5 bootloader. Your trying to flash a revision 1. 5th floor I ugh it back on firmware is the bootloader revision download a 5 or higher

NetVlad2009

Aug 20, 2015
Hello.
I am someone who has been on V2 PartCyborgRom for a while since it came out.
It has a few issues I dislike
- preinstalled Xposed broke my bluetooth (forgets every device after reboot)
- obviously don't like losing Pokemon GO, secret folder, 80%battery.

Would I be able to keep root with this rom and maybe have it be undetected with Magisk?
Is it risky or dangerous to go straight from my ROM to this?

Any help is appreciated, the more detailed the better. I am only competent enough to follow directions but most of this stuff is confusing.

SM-G955u ATT
NRD90M.G955USQS2BQL1
Android 7.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi
    flash bl back bootloader flash ap fail back bootloader flash bl
    sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start all step
    Erase data and cache blocked screen startup
    Return recovery erase data and cache also blocked

I have no clue what you are saying. Please try to explain again

bootloop
    erase data cache
    bootloop

I am uploading new stuff with different directions that will fix problems

This Rooted Combination Firmware that can be used for various reasons that include changing carrier codes, entering service menus and various secret dialer codes. The firmware is rooted and also has Safestrap recovery installed. This is not meant to be used as an everyday rom this is only intended to achieve root or use combo firmware tools with added feature of root. This is for V5 Bootloader devices

Directions If Coming From Stock Unrooted/Rooted Phone
    COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_SAMFAIL_ROOTED_V5.7z
    This may wipe your phone
    Unzip the above zips
    If already on safestrap do step 1 then reboot to safestrap and skip to step 7
    Reboot phone to download mode
    Use the Odin3_v3.13 provide above

1. In odin select BL_COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_PART_1_AND_3.tar.md5 and load in BL slot of odin do not change the options make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start

2. Phone will automatically reboot as soon as phone powers off hold buttons to reboot back to download

3. In odin make sure to click reset button then in AP slot in odin choose AP_SAFESTRAP_RESCUE_SYSTEM_IMAGE.tar.md5 make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start

4. When don flashing it will say fail in odin and phone will reboot. Reboot phone to download. If phone reboots to upload mode force it to reboot too download mode

5. In odin make sure to click reset button then in BL slot in odin choose BL_COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_PART_1_AND_3.tar.md5 make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start

6. When done flashing phone will reboot too safestrap if it doesnt force reboot to recovery and wipe data

7. When booted to safestrap copy COMBO_SYSTEM.img to phone

8. In safestrap choose install select install image and choose COMBO_SYSTEM.img and flash to system

9. When done if you have not wiped data then choose wipe in safestrap then advanced wipe and select to wipe data. Wipe and reboot
    How to use it to change carrier. I do not want safestrap. Also will it trip knox?

There are lots of forums how to do this. The firmware is rooted which even makes it easier. It does not trip knox and if you are smart you will use that safestrap you dont want and use it to make an efs backup before changing carrier