[ROM][SM-N9005] HAL 9005 (4.4.2 KK - Update 17Jan.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
tumblr_mxn9oy4c1r1rulnxgo1_500.jpg

------- Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer -------​

Ladies and gents, i am presenting you HAL9005 4.4.2 ! The new dawn is come, but not for everybody.. this is just for all of those who already got the new bootloader. Do not ask me pls how to that, i wanna help you... but i don't wanna be responsible for crashing some devices.

Many thanks to @not-i for helping with the updater_script and some other things

N*1 rule: Always do a backup ;)

Feautures:

- Nova Launcher
- Greenify for ROOT as system app (you can hybernate any app that you gonna install after... even system ;) )
- Stock and HDR GoogleCamera with photosphere.
- Custom HAL bootanimation
- Xposed and GravityBox KK (you DON'T need anything else)
- Slim, Fast and very Battery friendly (Wohooo!!!!)

4.4.2 Download: Moderation Edit- Deleted, GDrive (soon)

HAL 9000 MK2 DBT

- Based on the 4 days old N9005XXUDMK2 DBT firmware
- Removed tons bloatwere
- Rooted, busybox, init.d.. bla, bla (but still you must flash the binary update .. HERE)
- HDR Google Camera 4.4.1
- 4.4.2 Email apk w/ Exchange Pin Bypassed
- And some plus/minus stuff....

DOWNLOAD

MK2 (asian) Feautures and Download

- BuildProp editor (tweaking lcd intensity, wifi scan interval...)
- MegaBassBeats! (works with Apollo, Apollo Reborn, Android Music Player... )
- Red MMS
- Nexus 5 camera with photosphere (for preview sphere pics you need to install GoogleGallery)
- Return the stock Gallery (so you gents can put lockscreen wallpapers also)
- Dark Theme (just beta... still working on my design that i got just in my last two brain cells)
- Xposed Installer (just in case ;) )
- You can instal Email and Exchange after

Download: MEGA or G-Drive

MJ7: MEGA or GDrive
MJ3: Echoe Rom Download Center

Tips, Apps, Mods...

Instalation:
1. Copy the zip to the phone
2. Reboot to Recovery/CWM
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Wipe Cache
5. Wipe Dalvik Cache
6. Mounts and Storage then click "Format /System" (This won't delete any of your data)
7. Install.. wait one minute and ROCK !!!

Credits to the Echoe Roms and the Echoe Team leaded by @friedrich420 for allowing me to use their base in the beginning
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495688 , www.echoerom.com

NOTE: If you stuck in bootloop or blackscreen after installation reflash custom kernel... it depends of the device (lean or faux kernel sounds good in this moment)

P.S. - Even HAL was saying "I'm completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly" still had, like i said some FC's. Any suggestions are welcomed. If i remove very nececary app, if I think is worted i will inserted in some i hope future builds.. anyway you can always instaled in /system/app by your self. Ill try to make it even more SLIM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-06-15-41-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-06-15-41-10.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 6,978
  • Screenshot_2013-11-06-17-01-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-06-17-01-09.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 6,496
  • Screenshot_2013-10-31-11-47-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-31-11-47-38.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 6,385
  • Screenshot_2013-11-02-17-17-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-02-17-17-41.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5,965
  • Screenshot_2013-11-06-16-59-03.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-06-16-59-03.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 6,296
  • frame_10006.png
    frame_10006.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 5,473
  • Screenshot_2013-11-06-18-51-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-06-18-51-54.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 5,777
  • Screenshot_2013-11-12-16-11-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-12-16-11-56.png
    211 KB · Views: 5,029
Last edited by a moderator:

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Curious and may very well try this! I currently have Xnote. Is there any chance that this could be updated to the latest XXUBMJ7 build?

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
Curious and may very well try this! I currently have Xnote. Is there any chance that this could be updated to the latest XXUBMJ7 build?

not right now.. i'm not that good and fast. And plus the other roms got many problems with that base. If it got new number that doesn't mean its better. The zip is uploading....

Richard_10

Dec 28, 2012
Can add aroma so we can choose what to install. For exemple i'm using Apex pro, So I don't have the need of nova.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
Can add aroma so we can choose what to install. For exemple i'm using Apex pro, So I don't have the need of nova.

Install APEX, deinstall/delete Nova with Uninstall Master or some other apps from Play Store... its easy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
not right now.. i'm not that good and fast. And plus the other roms got many problems with that base. If it got new number that doesn't mean its better. The zip is uploading....

That's fair enough! The 1 issues which i believe to have been fixed is the transition animation settings being changed from 0 to 1 upon opening stock camera. I'll be watching this thread.......
:)

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
Unfortunately couldn't. I think its a firmware issue as I am currently using the MJ6 firmware and its working just fine.
I really would like to try your ROM.

Im not sure, but i think had similar problem when i was changing the SystemUI in my test flashings... or its kernel problem. I use FAUX, this baby kicking with that kernel

Reactions: inistine

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
I like this concept. Please continue, and do consider looking into latest base. Some users have mentioned improved battery consumption..
To make this stand out from the crowd you could make it so that it bridges the gap between aosp and tw. Tw framework, but even more aosp apps and functions.. Sounds like most Sammy stuff is gone, so looks like you're on that path:)

phankhi

Sep 28, 2006
I wanted to try this. did a clean flash and couldnt go past set up. keeps popping up some german lang.. "kamera......" think its fc...

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
I like this concept. Please continue, and do consider looking into latest base. Some users have mentioned improved battery consumption..
To make this stand out from the crowd you could make it so that it bridges the gap between aosp and tw. Tw framework, but even more aosp apps and functions.. Sounds like most Sammy stuff is gone, so looks like you're on that path:)

Couldn't agree more. With AOSP apps included and minimal TW, with such a low file size this is an ideal option for a lot of users. I would too though love to see this concept of rom have the latest base incorporated. Not just to have the 'latest', but based on the several benefits it seems to offer.

Excellent work Dev. I am sticking with my current rom for now but your work is of high interest to me...

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
I wanted to try this. did a clean flash and couldnt go past set up. keeps popping up some german lang.. "kamera......" think its fc...

Im sry for this. I had to put some files into the "lib" so the Google Camera works also. I had that thing in the begining of my tests.. but after just gone.Try with faux kernel.. if that thing don't work that means we can say goodbye to G-camera (or samsung)

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
Couldn't agree more. With AOSP apps included and minimal TW, with such a low file size this is an ideal option for a lot of users. I would too though love to see this concept of rom have the latest base incorporated. Not just to have the 'latest', but based on the several benefits it seems to offer.

Excellent work Dev. I am sticking with my current rom for now but your work is of high interest to me...

ty.. i'm just trying to combine the MJ7. I hope will work. Like i said .. im not that good and fast (im doing this on the hard way). But with my phone i dont got problems..honestly :D

Reactions: cd993
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tumblr_mxn9oy4c1r1rulnxgo1_500.jpg

------- Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer -------​

Ladies and gents, i am presenting you HAL9005 4.4.2 ! The new dawn is come, but not for everybody.. this is just for all of those who already got the new bootloader. Do not ask me pls how to that, i wanna help you... but i don't wanna be responsible for crashing some devices.

Many thanks to @not-i for helping with the updater_script and some other things

N*1 rule: Always do a backup ;)

Feautures:

- Nova Launcher
    - Greenify for ROOT as system app (you can hybernate any app that you gonna install after... even system ;) )
    - Stock and HDR GoogleCamera with photosphere.
    - Custom HAL bootanimation
    - Xposed and GravityBox KK (you DON'T need anything else)
    - Slim, Fast and very Battery friendly (Wohooo!!!!)

4.4.2 Download: Moderation Edit- Deleted, GDrive (soon)

HAL 9000 MK2 DBT

- Based on the 4 days old N9005XXUDMK2 DBT firmware
    - Removed tons bloatwere
    - Rooted, busybox, init.d.. bla, bla (but still you must flash the binary update .. HERE)
    - HDR Google Camera 4.4.1
    - 4.4.2 Email apk w/ Exchange Pin Bypassed

DOWNLOAD

MK2 (asian) Feautures and Download

- BuildProp editor (tweaking lcd intensity, wifi scan interval...)
    - MegaBassBeats! (works with Apollo, Apollo Reborn, Android Music Player... )
    - Red MMS
    - Nexus 5 camera with photosphere (for preview sphere pics you need to install GoogleGallery)
    - Return the stock Gallery (so you gents can put lockscreen wallpapers also)
    - Dark Theme (just beta... still working on my design that i got just in my last two brain cells)
    - Xposed Installer (just in case ;) )
    - You can instal Email and Exchange after

Download: MEGA or G-Drive

MJ7: MEGA or GDrive
    MJ3: Echoe Rom Download Center

Tips, Apps, Mods...

Instalation:
    1. Copy the zip to the phone
    2. Reboot to Recovery/CWM
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. Mounts and Storage then click "Format /System" (This won't delete any of your data)
    7. Install.. wait one minute and ROCK !!!

Credits to the Echoe Roms and the Echoe Team leaded by @friedrich420 for allowing me to use their base in the beginning
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495688 , www.echoerom.com

NOTE: If you stuck in bootloop or blackscreen after installation reflash custom kernel... it depends of the device (lean or faux kernel sounds good in this moment)

P.S. - Even HAL was saying "I'm completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly" still had, like i said some FC's. Any suggestions are welcomed. If i remove very nececary app, if I think is worted i will inserted in some i hope future builds.. anyway you can always instaled in /system/app by your self. Ill try to make it even more SLIM.
    new HAL with MK2 base on the air
    Im working on "private" MK2 base.. if its good, ill will notify you :)

Sent from my SM-P605 using xda premium
    Im uploading it tonight....

Sent from my SM-P605 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone