[ROM][SM-P900][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20201221

Search This thread

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
Sorry, another quick question.... after installing the ROM and GAPPS should you clear cache etc immediately before rebooting?

I don't know if it is mandatory or if it helps, but I always clear cache and dalvik before rebooting. I also clear it before flashing GAPPS.

I haven't timed the boot, and it has been a while since I upgraded, but I think 5 minutes should be sufficient for the first boot. I'd wait 10 minutes to be sure. If you still can't boot, try flashing again with Pico GAPPS.

Reactions: mattgod69

mattgod69

Jun 27, 2008
I just downgraded to latest 14.1 because 17.1 was just hanging on the lineage logo... does anyone think this might be because i needed to update TWRP (I am currently using 3.3.1). Cheers. Matt
I don't know if it is mandatory or if it helps, but I always clear cache and dalvik before rebooting. I also clear it before flashing GAPPS.

I haven't timed the boot, and it has been a while since I upgraded, but I think 5 minutes should be sufficient for the first boot. I'd wait 10 minutes to be sure. If you still can't boot, try flashing again with Pico GAPPS.

Thanks for the info.... flashed with pico and i chose not to install the TWRP app at the same time as the GAPPS. All seems ok now, booted in like 5mins....

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
I just downgraded to latest 14.1 because 17.1 was just hanging on the lineage logo... does anyone think this might be because i needed to update TWRP (I am currently using 3.3.1). Cheers. Matt

Thanks for the info.... flashed with pico and i chose not to install the TWRP app at the same time as the GAPPS. All seems ok now, booted in like 5mins....

The TWRP app was your problem. Never install that app.

Reactions: mattgod69

mattgod69

Jun 27, 2008
I am finding that the device restarts quite a lot... Especially when using the back button and watching you tube using opera. Also when using the s pen. Not sure if others have an this?

archimime

Jan 22, 2021
Hi all, thanks for this wonderful thread with all its helpful details and ROMs.

I'm having a little difficulty getting an SM-P900 set up with LineageOS here and I'm hoping that some of you might be kind enough to offer suggestions on getting it working.

I've followed broadly the directions here and have TWRP 3.5.0 (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-v1awifi.img) set up on the device using Heimdall 1.4.1. Using TWRP I've attempted to get LineageOS installed and working on the device.

I've attempted to use both lineage-17.1-20200910-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip and lineage-17.1-20201221-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip and both appear to result in a boot loop when the device is switched on.

I was toying with the idea of attempting to modify lineage-17.1-20200815-UNOFFICIAL-viennalte to force it to install but would anticipate the possibility of this being unsuccessful. I would consider attempting to compile LineageOS also, but this is a process with which I am unfamiliar.

Are there any tricks I might try to get the device working? Many thanks

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
Hi all, thanks for this wonderful thread with all its helpful details and ROMs.

I'm having a little difficulty getting an SM-P900 set up with LineageOS here and I'm hoping that some of you might be kind enough to offer suggestions on getting it working.

I've followed broadly the directions here and have TWRP 3.5.0 (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-v1awifi.img) set up on the device using Heimdall 1.4.1. Using TWRP I've attempted to get LineageOS installed and working on the device.

I've attempted to use both lineage-17.1-20200910-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip and lineage-17.1-20201221-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip and both appear to result in a boot loop when the device is switched on.

I was toying with the idea of attempting to modify lineage-17.1-20200815-UNOFFICIAL-viennalte to force it to install but would anticipate the possibility of this being unsuccessful. I would consider attempting to compile LineageOS also, but this is a process with which I am unfamiliar.

Are there any tricks I might try to get the device working? Many thanks

I've always used TWRP, Install, select the lineage zip, and flashed it. I don't know why those instructions say use "adb sideload".

What ROM was installed when you started? If you had a very old stock ROM, you might not have the Lollipop bootloader installed. The Lollipop bootloader has been a requirement for a long time.

Reactions: curiousrom

archimime

Jan 22, 2021
I've always used TWRP, Install, select the lineage zip, and flashed it. I don't know why those instructions say use "adb sideload".

What ROM was installed when you started? If you had a very old stock ROM, you might not have the Lollipop bootloader installed. The Lollipop bootloader has been a requirement for a long time.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on that. Yes, installing from a ROM ZIP is straightforward. I suppose the sideloading is used to reduce the steps.

The initial ROM was Android 4.4.2, so it sounds like you are on to something! I assume I'll need to reflash Android 4 or 5 onto the thing prior to LineageOS. Would it make sense to attempt to flash Android 5 on directly, and then to attempt a flash of LineageOS? What would be a sensible path to try?

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
Thank you very much for your thoughts on that. Yes, installing from a ROM ZIP is straightforward. I suppose the sideloading is used to reduce the steps.

The initial ROM was Android 4.4.2, so it sounds like you are on to something! I assume I'll need to reflash Android 4 or 5 onto the thing prior to LineageOS. Would it make sense to attempt to flash Android 5 on directly, and then to attempt a flash of LineageOS? What would be a sensible path to try?

Flashing the stock Android 5 ROM should work. See the "Bootloader Information" section of the first post in this thread for info on updating only the bootloader.

Reactions: curiousrom

nilse

Aug 14, 2011
Berlin
You are a hero!
I gave up expecting a newer ROM than Android 7 for the P900.

Thanks a lot for giving me back a bit of fun with my old ass tablet :D

Joonmin

Feb 28, 2021
Palm rejection is not working at all And it really often suddenly quit using s-pen.
do u have any plan to solve this problem?
Thanks

jehu17

Sep 24, 2020
Same here. Youtube @ 30fps lags until you skip or go back 10s, videos @ 60fps are shown @ 8fps on average.
Same problem here. I've read on several forums, including xda, about apps capable of overclocking CPU and GPU on sm-p900, "synapse" for example. People talk about them like its a common knowledge. But there are no download links or any kind of comprehensive reviews on those apps. Any information,like download links and/or installation instructions would be awesome to have.

Looks like there is some info here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/zip-synapse-script-universal-kernel-manager-v3-8-1.2736986/

Last edited:

chicopc

Feb 20, 2021
Same problem here. I've read on several forums, including xda, about apps capable of overclocking CPU and GPU on sm-p900, "synapse" for example. People talk about them like its a common knowledge. But there are no download links or any kind of comprehensive reviews on those apps. Any information,like download links and/or installation instructions would be awesome to have.

Looks like there is some info here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/zip-synapse-script-universal-kernel-manager-v3-8-1.2736986/

Interesting stuff! But, wouldn't overclocking the CPU and GPU, result in high temperatures (etc...) thus deteriorating themselves more quickly over time?
Is this (lagging in 60fps) a problem of the actual performance of the tablet or of the rom?

GenghisKhan67

Dec 8, 2010
Sherbrooke
Tried this on my old SM-P900, works well for the most part, but some apps I really like crash frequently, especially Marvel Unlimited (I know, I'm just a big kid at heart...). Any advice on how to fix this issue ? Maybe a kernel setting tweak ?

Zero_Shadow

Oct 20, 2008
Sorry for the noob quick brain isnt working right now.

For installing Magisk using the canary build for this device, when I go to install it ask for the .img to patch. Which img file are you using to patch are we to use the boot.img found in the ROM or are using something else?

Or should I be installing Magisk via recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. Do you know if the camera is working yet in the latest incarnation of 17.1 build? thank you
    No the camera does not work.

Native camera app opens but doesn't take a photo.

Open camera shut down my tablet. Screen went black and I couldn't get the tablet to respond for 5 minutes. Forced restart did not work. Nor did trying to force to recovery.

Eventually (5 mins) I got the tablet to restart
    A big thank you again to the community for this work. I have a recently purchased SM-P900 with orig vers 5.0 of android. Do any of the lineage flavors work without limitations yet? I'm mainly concerned about S pen working and mic/camera for zoom purposes.....and is there any battery penalty with the lineage vers? thanks again...
    Camera not working for photos.

S-Pen not working. Tablet freezes or crashes after 10 or so minutes.

Haven't tried Zoom or Skype
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

If you want to check firmware - please make backup. Better to store all partitions.
    I'm using pico/nano gapps.

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery
    2. Download the zip(s) - firmware and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    3. Full wipe all
    4. Flash firmware and gapps

Work
    almost all

Known Issues
    - camera

Links
    LineageOS Builds
    5. 20201221: december security patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tYzL31kIA9dA3Cpe66h2AUD57kT9r5eY/view?usp=sharing

4. 20200910: latest sources, update kernel, huge audio update (youtube): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hyn-Q3mkQPjVr2zOBFT2aDEFdR7kkkRJ/view?usp=sharing
    3. 20200826: update mixer (mic): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gOIimcp1rf7BvexhTSOoGURN_oDWq0nT/view?usp=sharing
    2. 20200825: update cpu build settings, update power profile, huge kernel update, better clean install: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14XhE-O8Yic8tbJZPcafh8y8w23sDkFno/view?usp=sharing
    1. 20200824: init build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r7mSz2BIeA2B0pqvUW24dOwO0FC0OWtu/view?usp=sharing

Gapps
    https://opengapps.org
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 10.0

Recovery
    Use official version from: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxynotepro122exynoswifi.html

Root
    Install latest magisk from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/dev-magisk-canary-channel-bleeding-edge-t3839337

Sources
    Sources: https://github.com/Lineageos
    Device: https://github.com/Valera1978/android_device_samsung_v1awifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/Valera1978/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Vendor: https://github.com/Valera1978/android_vendor_samsung_v1awifi

Thanks
    Thanks to LineageOS team
    new update:
    1. updated cpu config in dev tree (correct variant cortex-15 config)
    2. updated power profile (and here found interesting setting in kernel to speed-up cpu freq up to 2100MHz and seem it's work)
    3. updated kernel - net part, I had issues with net on start and made small fix, but now ported all net part from my msm8974 (same 3.4 kernel, but more up to date). firefox still dnw (will continue check), but at least no kernel panic

mic - this is my next priority
    Many thanks @Valera1978.
    Cleanly flashed with Data format used the TWRP 3.3.1-0 like for LOS16, instead of 3.4.0-0 with BiTGapps and Magisk.
    No more unwanted appearences on the screen when turning. :good:
    When focussing on a text the field now shows the letters. :good:
    Camera, as you wrote, not working at all. so what
    Will carry on testing.
    LOS16 will be abandoned, or not?

I think yes. start to the los 16 was done for several reasons:
    - I had the experience of switching to the android 10 on 3 different series (exynos7870, qcom800 and qcom820) - in all cases with working android 9 it was a huge number of problems, switch to android 10 I think the most difficult in my memory
    - Old device config, every new version has some problems, so it was easier to jump from working 14.1 to 16.0
    - faster build :) 16 minutes on my computer for los 16 vs 26 minutes

Right now in the los 16 we have more problems, then in los 17, and i don't see any reason to spend a weeks for fix it. Better focus on los 17 for some code clean up.
    Hey Nice to know! Does this palm rejection fix allows to use the spen and fingers together? It used to crash earlier. Can you share your build & code? Push the projects you modified to a github repo, update your local manifest and share them. I would love to build and test them.

I do recall reading in this thread that the SM-P900 will crash with S-Pen and touch. I'm using Valera's SM-P905 code and I have not had any crashing or rebooting problems caused by combination of touch and S-Pen input, or palm rejection. So far everything works the same as Lineage 14.1 or Touchwiz 5.

I'm not a developer and I don't know how to use Github beyond the instructions in the official Lineage build guides and what Valera has posted in his repo, but I'll share the files that I've modified as attachments and indicate the path where those files are from:

For fixing touch input:

android_source_code_root\frameworks\native\services\inputflinger\InputReader.cpp
    android_source_code_root\frameworks\native\services\inputflinger\InputReader.h

For fixing the DualShock4 controller input lag:
    android_source_code_root\system\bt\bta\include\bta_hh_api.h
    Feedback to 20200826:

Clean Flash, GApps, TWRP 3.4

- Mic works - tried voice search from google assistant, Results - OK.
    - Tried playing YouTube video - tablet reboots.
    - Tried playing a sound from Chrome - tablet reboots.

Seems to reboot with any multimedia, tried playing youtube video WITHOUT sound from navigator - tablet reboots.

will make test version on media from sources. Right now I use proprtietary from s5
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone