• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][SM-P900][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20210419

Search This thread
Jan 24, 2014
Hello!
I have a SM-P900 on stock fully updated Android and been reading through this and the LineageOS 14.1 thread.
It's been a while since I last did anything similar to this (once upon a time had a jailbroken iPhone 4), but as I am using my tablet less and less as it is so old, slow and I have security concerns etc, I have been thinking of flashing one of these ROMs.

Questions:
1. Does the Lineage 17.1 currently have palm rejection? I just wasn't clear from reading through this thread. (I am not too bothered about not having the camera working which is the other main problem right?)
2. Do I understand correctly I will have to fully backup and then format the tablet, before somehow flashing Lineage? (I didn't see it , but ff there's a thread explaining a bit more extensively how to do that could you link me to it? Would be helpful! Or is it really as easy as 1,2,3?)
3. If I install the pico GApps do I understand correctly that I can still get any other Google apps I would like from the Play store?
4. Can I relatively easily switch between lineage builds and am I able to get back to stock android if all fails miserably?
5. Any further comments/tips/warnings/hints that might help? I am reasonable techy, just haven't done this before.

Many thanks! (And sorry for the silly questions)

Hello!
I have a SM-P900 on stock fully updated Android and been reading through this and the LineageOS 14.1 thread.
It's been a while since I last did anything similar to this (once upon a time had a jailbroken iPhone 4), but as I am using my tablet less and less as it is so old, slow and I have security concerns etc, I have been thinking of flashing one of these ROMs.

Questions:
1. Does the Lineage 17.1 currently have palm rejection? I just wasn't clear from reading through this thread. (I am not too bothered about not having the camera working which is the other main problem right?)
2. Do I understand correctly I will have to fully backup and then format the tablet, before somehow flashing Lineage? (I didn't see it , but ff there's a thread explaining a bit more extensively how to do that could you link me to it? Would be helpful! Or is it really as easy as 1,2,3?)
3. If I install the pico GApps do I understand correctly that I can still get any other Google apps I would like from the Play store?
4. Can I relatively easily switch between lineage builds and am I able to get back to stock android if all fails miserably?
5. Any further comments/tips/warnings/hints that might help? I am reasonable techy, just haven't done this before.

Many thanks! (And sorry for the silly questions)
1. Idk as I use 14.1 (need the camera) on my P900 where it works
2. Not necessarily as you can use Odin to flash full stock ROM again.
Backup only if you wanna keep data but they can't be transferred to new ROM anyway.
Recently I've found one but forgot where it was. Will search.
3. Yes
4. Yes with TWRP recovery and going back to stock -> Odin
5. Not yet
Edit to 5 download stock ROM first as a backup before changing anything
Don't install KIES just use Samsung mobile driver

Last edited:

Schorschi123

Jun 29, 2021
Hi,

i flashed the lineage 17.1 image to my SM-P900. It is not my first SM-P900. I am running a different one with 14.1.
Flashing was successful and after wipe cache i reboot the device.
I always get the start sequence of lineage. I let it run for 4 hours and nothing happen.

Then i tried to reboot and wipe cache again. After 45min of lineage boot logo, i switch to 14.1

Someone any idea what is wrong on my device or my process?

Hi,

i flashed the lineage 17.1 image to my SM-P900. It is not my first SM-P900. I am running a different one with 14.1.
Flashing was successful and after wipe cache i reboot the device.
I always get the start sequence of lineage. I let it run for 4 hours and nothing happen.

Then i tried to reboot and wipe cache again. After 45min of lineage boot logo, i switch to 14.1

Someone any idea what is wrong on my device or my process?
Not enough info about your process/device imo.
Already on 5.0.2 bootloader?
Magisk?
Which Gapps if at all?
Same without Gapps?
Same with 2nd download or older version of LOS17?
Which TWRP?
"Format Data" included in wiping before flashing?

Schorschi123

Jun 29, 2021
Hi,
i solved my issue.
It was my mistake.
I forgot to wipe all:
Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache

Now it booting after 15min on the first boot.

BUT

I see another issue. WLAN is very unstable on my tablet. It requires switch off and on to see all available networks. Automatic connection is enabled but not working. It needs to select the network manually. After ever automatic switch off of the display, this procedure needs to be repeated.

=> current analysis: If i don't finish the android configuration from google the wlan stands stable

Which camera app working with this Android Version?

Last edited:

skylive3d

Nov 6, 2016
teh
Hi,
i solved my issue.
It was my mistake.
I forgot to wipe all:
Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache

Now it booting after 15min on the first boot.

BUT

I see another issue. WLAN is very unstable on my tablet. It requires switch off and on to see all available networks. Automatic connection is enabled but not working. It needs to select the network manually. After ever automatic switch off of the display, this procedure needs to be repeated.

=> current analysis: If i don't finish the android configuration from google the wlan stands stable

Which camera app working with this Android Version?
I have p901 which is similar to p900 except it have 3g modem, had the same problem of wifi drops and not turning on + bt problems, it might be the region of the device that have different wifi firmware or idk, try to extract the modem.bin from official .tar.md5 of your regional 5.0.2 touchwiz android image and then flash it to CP on latest Odin, I did this and it fixed the wifi drop and firmware problem on lineage 17, but still system gets laggy and slow, but at least connection is stable.
For this reason I might reflash my old touchwiz which didn't have the exact problem.
also if you want to do this please get a nandroid backup of your modem partition on twrp, so if it didn't work for you, there could be a way to fix it.

Update: found a better solution, there is an app called "Disable WiFi Power Saver S7 ROOT" that do the same thing with service number in touchwiz call ( *#0011#* ) in other roms, just install and turn off the wifi power saving mode and there will be no wifi drops, so it's a voltage drop, some chipsets can't handle power saving mode like other, so this could fix that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts