[ROM][SM-P900][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20210419

Search This thread

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
There is also Heimdall for Linux, can't remember if I've ever used it on my P900, but I have successfully used it to flash TWRP on other Samsung devices.
There's a GUI for it, but I've always run it through a terminal. The instructions for flashing lineage os on the official site tell you how to use it.

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
firefox still dnw (will continue check), but at least no kernel panic
@Valera1978 , for Firefox not rendering pages, it could be the mali blob has a bug with EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context.

See

and

Note, I don't have the SM-P900, but ran into a similar problem with Firefox not rendering pages on another mali blob platform.

For those that want to try hex editing the mali blob and test with Firefox, it's easy.

1. Boot into TWRP.
2. Choose mount.
3. Choose system so that there is a checkmark next to System.
4. From your terminal, type in
Code:
adb pull /system/vendor/lib/egl/libGLES_mali.so
so that it gets copied to your drive.
5. make a copy of the original libGLES_mali.so on your drive.
6. bring up your favourite hex editor and search for EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context. There's only one instance of it.
7. Change the KHR to HAX.
8. Save edited file. The edited file should be the exact same size as the original.
9. Now push the edited file back to tablet.
Code:
adb push libGLES_mali.so /system/vendor/lib/egl/libGLES_mali.so
10. Now reboot tablet.
11. See if Firefox works.

Again, I don't have this tablet, but the above works on another mali platform that has the same problem.

kempsmj

Jan 3, 2011
Hi, I'm new to LineageOS and just installed this version 17.1 on my Galaxy Note Pro P900. I also installed the Gapps micro.
When I want to install my purchased apps in the play store, it shows me that I need to by it again....
If I install it from the web I can install it on my device withour rebuying this.
Is there some way to fix this in the play store? I also had this on another tablet that I updated to LeneageOS yesterday.

cmlmstf

Feb 3, 2015
Hi,
Yes, I tried all possible ways... renaming it to twrp.img, using original name, changing the directories from which I am trying to install and so on.

I got mine from the official twrp website's download section and it has the exact same name as yours.
I for sure own the sm-p900 wifi model.

I think this may be due to the ROM that is installed now. I hardly used the tablet since more than 2 years and I somehow remember that I had to change something in a special way for the bootloader version (?) to be able to install the ROM that is installed right now.
For security reasons I just want to install something newer now that I use the tablet every once in a while.

Unfortunaletly I no longer remember the name of the custom rom I am using (I restored it from an old twrp backup). In the device settings it says

Android Version 6.0.1 (which I think, is very insecure now)
Kernel-Version 3.4.113 build@farm #1
Fri Feb 2 19:01:04 MSK 2018

Buildnumber
MMB29K.T800XXU1CQB1 (while the "T800" part is strange for me)
You have to install a tar or md5 files with with odin. Be sure to disable auto reboot when using odin.

Last edited:

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
A question for the group please?

Question = How have people found the battery life after flashing this rom?

Background to the question . . .
I bought a tablet (second hand) a few days ago, and flashed the ROM. All went well. (booted up after clean flash in 1 min 47 seconds). But i'm not getting a great battery life. (ie screen on continously for 4 hours and battery drains from 100% to 40%)

I was assured the battery was replaced a few months ago (but, ... maybe not)

i've not yet rooted to get battery stats

Thanks in advance

PS: Recharging to 100% (from 30%) takes 3.5 hours with 5V, 2.5A charger. Inline ammeter says charging current is 1.9A, depending on the cable

Last edited:

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
A question for the group please?

Question = How have people found the battery life after flashing this rom?

Background to the question . . .
I bought a tablet (second hand) a few days ago, and flashed the ROM. All went well. (booted up after clean flash in 1 min 47 seconds). But i'm not getting a great battery life. (ie screen on continously for 4 hours and battery drains from 100% to 40%)

I was assured the battery was replaced a few months ago (but, ... maybe not)

i've not yet rooted to get battery stats

Thanks in advance

PS: Recharging to 100% (from 30%) takes 3.5 hours with 5V, 2.5A charger. Inline ammeter says charging current is 1.9A, depending on the cable
I'm not actually using this ROM yet, but it's generally pretty normal for battery life to be poor for the first couple of cycles after installing a new ROM. See how it performs after a week.

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
I'm not actually using this ROM yet, but it's generally pretty normal for battery life to be poor for the first couple of cycles after installing a new ROM. See how it performs after a week.
Thanks. I keep watching.

I will root so i can get better stats.

BTW Link to canary root from this thread doesnt seem to work

Thanks

PS. Magisk 22.0 works just fine

Last edited:

adige57

Apr 7, 2021
Bu rom dosyalarının hepsini mi yoksa sadece birini mi yüklüyoruz?

Translation: Are we installing all of these rom files or just one?

Last edited by a moderator:

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
It does connect, pages take time to load but nothing is rendered.

I did get a reboot when using the pen in Squid but after restart I played with Squid for a while with no problem!

BIG thanks to Valera !!!
For me S-Pen works with Squid for about 5 minutes. Then tablet freezes and needs to be forced to restart

Thanks

pkarza

Oct 30, 2010
No. Works fine for me. What's the issue specifically?
No. Works fine for me. What's the issue specifically?
It is very strange. I can flash and get the rom 'working' . The wifi networks are shown - and when I try to connect to my wifi network (and this worked with stock and lineage 14 android 7.1) it says that I have to check the password and try again... so I flashed back to lineage 14 and it works.

Why would the networks show but not authenticate??

pointbob

Mar 30, 2012
A big thank you again to the community for this work. I have a recently purchased SM-P900 with orig vers 5.0 of android. Do any of the lineage flavors work without limitations yet? I'm mainly concerned about S pen working and mic/camera for zoom purposes.....and is there any battery penalty with the lineage vers? thanks again...

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
It is very strange. I can flash and get the rom 'working' . The wifi networks are shown - and when I try to connect to my wifi network (and this worked with stock and lineage 14 android 7.1) it says that I have to check the password and try again... so I flashed back to lineage 14 and it works.

Why would the networks show but not authenticate??
That's a good question. Not enitrely sure. I didnt have that problem, fortunately. But here's some things to try......
  • I assume you do clean flash for 17.1 and wipe Dalvic/Cache before booting? This can prevent some "weird" behaviour.
  • I guess you're connecting to 2.4GHz network. I recall reading that 5GHz does not work (i may be corrected on that)
  • Check that there is not an IP conflict somehere
  • Toogle aeroplane mode
  • Try a static IP to see if that changes behaviour
  • Reboot your router

Hope this helps

pointbob

Mar 30, 2012
That's a good question. Not enitrely sure. I didnt have that problem, fortunately. But here's some things to try......
  • I assume you do clean flash for 17.1 and wipe Dalvic/Cache before booting? This can prevent some "weird" behaviour.
  • I guess you're connecting to 2.4GHz network. I recall reading that 5GHz does not work (i may be corrected on that)
  • Check that there is not an IP conflict somehere
  • Toogle aeroplane mode
  • Try a static IP to see if that changes behaviour
  • Reboot your router

Hope this helps
Hi. Do you know if the camera is working yet in the latest incarnation of 17.1 build? thank you

Top Liked Posts