• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-P905][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20210419

Search This thread
Ok. You're talking about the TWRP app.
That can't backup.
I think it's used to install TWRP (which is a different recovery than the official one from Samsung).
Never tried it.
I'd flash https://dl.twrp.me/viennaltexx/.tar file via Odin.
Afterwards reboot into that as I wrote and start backing up.

For installation of LOS higher than 14.1 it might be necessary to install a higher TWRP version.
That can be done with TWRP itself by choosing .img installation and selecting the twrp-3.0.2-0-viennaltexx.img.
Direct reboot into new! TWRP mandatory.

Last edited:
Reactions: marco.poto

marco.poto

May 17, 2020
Ok. You're talking about the TWRP app.
That can't backup.
I think it's used to install TWRP (which is a different recovery than the official one from Samsung).
Never tried it.
I'd flash https://dl.twrp.me/viennaltexx/.tar file via Odin.
Afterwards reboot into that as I wrote and start backing up.

For installation of LOS higher than 14.1 it might be necessary to install a higher TWRP version.
That can be done with TWRP itself by choosing .img installation and selecting the twrp-3.0.2-0-viennaltexx.img.
Direct reboot into new! TWRP mandatory.
i did Odin thing and installed TWRP 3.2.2.0 viennaltex , it is green and passed,. but tablet doesnt reboot in custom, only in standard . It doesnt go to TWRP boot (ON + Volume buttons)
Debugger things are ok

i did Odin thing and installed TWRP 3.2.2.0 viennaltex , it is green and passed,. but tablet doesnt reboot in custom, only in standard . It doesnt go to TWRP boot (ON + Volume buttons)
Debugger things are ok
Try with Home+pwr+Vol-up.
If you're not fast enough the old recovery gets revived.
There's no limit in flashing TWRP afaik so just try until you access it.

marco.poto

May 17, 2020
it's gone!! i did de select auto reboot from Odin and booted into TWRP as soon as the check is green. Thx for the help!

it's gone!! i did de select auto reboot from Odin and booted into TWRP as soon as the check is green. Thx for the help!
Good that it worked.
Forgot to mention that "dechecking auto reboot".

Reactions: marco.poto

marco.poto

May 17, 2020
Working :in Android, mostly. Except for Netflix, I had to install an older apk. And Amazon video often crash and tablet rwboot. Twrp app also doesn't work.

I wasn't able to install Magix. I went for Super SU and it worked but it says system not rooted 🙄

Working :in Android, mostly. Except for Netflix, I had to install an older apk. And Amazon video often crash and tablet rwboot. Twrp app also doesn't work.

I wasn't able to install Magix. I went for Super SU and it worked but it says system not rooted 🙄
I don't use Netflix neither Amazon so idk what's the problem.

For SU development had ceased long ago so it might not work properly if at all.
What's the problem in flashing Magisk or what went wrong?

andlommy

Aug 19, 2006
Last edited:
Reactions: sebmue and temp33

Energixia

Nov 23, 2011
Noticed Valera1978 hasn't released an update in a while, took the liberty to build an image off his source:

This one is vanilla with August updates for SM-P905 only:

works on my device, tell me if it works for you

I'm using it. Thank you for your work.

Why changing wallpaper seems more laggy?

sebmue

Noticed Valera1978 hasn't released an update in a while, took the liberty to build an image off his source:
Thx for this build! Big added value for my P905!

Have you ever thought about incorporating this SPen-fix to the source code? Works great on Tab S3 and when having access to a source which builds it was reported as easy integration.

andlommy

Aug 19, 2006
Thx for this build! Big added value for my P905!

Have you ever thought about incorporating this SPen-fix to the source code? Works great on Tab S3 and when having access to a source which builds it was reported as easy integration.

I'll look into it, however i'm not and android dev, so would need very specific step by step instructions...

sebmue

I'll look into it, however i'm not and android dev, so would need very specific step by step instructions...
That would be great and much appreciated!

From the thread it reads easy - perhaps you can confirm :)
You just need to take InputReader.cpp, InputReader.h and also InputDispatcher.cpp from the github above to the code, in frameworks_native/services/inputflinger/

oheimala

May 15, 2015
Hi. Otherwise the installation was successful but Google Play does not let me in. (Gapps Mini flashed). It ask to log in, despite the I have already logged to the Google account. What's wrong?
Tested alredy:
- cleaning cache of Play store and Play services
- removing google account and re-installing another
- full "factory" reset

Last edited:
Reactions: Energixia

Energixia

Nov 23, 2011
Hi. Otherwise the installation was successful but Google Play does not let me in. (Gapps Mini flashed). It ask to log in, despite the I have already logged to the Google account. What's wrong?
Tested alredy:
- cleaning cache of Play store and Play services
- removing google account and re-installing another
- full "factory" reset
Hey, it's happened to me today too. Connect your tab through hotspot like your smartphone and this fix it.

I don't know why.. try let me know

Reactions: oheimala

oheimala

May 15, 2015
Hey, it's happened to me today too. Connect your tab through hotspot like your smartphone and this fix it.

I don't know why.. try let me know
Tested with two solid wifi-networks and with one mobile phone wifi hotspot. No help.
Also tried to test with a mobile phone bluetooth tethering, but devices did not pair succesfully
Mobile data is not tested due I have no such size SIM

Top Liked Posts