[ROM][SM-T350][UNOFFICIAL][crDroidAndroid-10.0][v6.17][ANDROID 10] Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Search This thread

Nomad3512

Apr 15, 2021
While I have used custom ROMs before I am really very inexperienced at this.

I have a T350 that I rooted and installed TWRP_3.5.0_9_SM-T350_Unofficial that I got from this forum.

I then tried to flash crDroidAndroid-10.0-20210411-gt58wifi-v6.16.zip. When I rebooted after TWRP finished the crDroid logo came up and never went away. I let it run overnight just to see what might happen.

I was able to get back into TWRP (first had to go to download mode) and then tried to flash crDroidAndroid-9.0-20200125-gt58wifi-v5.11.zip. I have the same issue albeit the logo was now in color.

Since I can get to download mode with a bit of playing I can reflash the stock 7.1.1 and go through rooting again, but I'd rather not if possible.

Does anyone have some suggestions that I could try before I go back to stock?
Sorry but I switched the order I tried flashing. I tried Android 9 first and then 10. I guess this is not a good way to introduce myself to the form, by being sloppy.

Nomad3512

Apr 15, 2021
Sorry but I switched the order I tried flashing. I tried Android 9 first and then 10. I guess this is not a good way to introduce myself to the form, by being sloppy.
As an experiment outside of what I intended to do, I tried the Evervol ROM ev_gt58wifi-11-userbuild-2021.04.01-0114.zip and the result was the same. I get stuck ot the logo. Note that I downloaded this ROM while I was in TWRP.

My conclusion is that it is my device causing the problem. Possibly something I did while rooting stock 7.1.1.
So I am going to reflash 7.1.1 and start again.

However, I would appreciate any suggestions as to what could cause this behavior.

As an experiment outside of what I intended to do, I tried the Evervol ROM ev_gt58wifi-11-userbuild-2021.04.01-0114.zip and the result was the same. I get stuck ot the logo. Note that I downloaded this ROM while I was in TWRP.

My conclusion is that it is my device causing the problem. Possibly something I did while rooting stock 7.1.1.
So I am going to reflash 7.1.1 and start again.

However, I would appreciate any suggestions as to what could cause this behavior.
Did you follow the instructions in the main post?

Nomad3512

Apr 15, 2021
Did you follow the instructions in the main post?
Yes, I did follow the instructions, which were clear.

However, I have been able to install EverVol 11 and then crDroid 10 over it. What I did was AFTER I flashed the ROM using TWRP I cleared the cache again. I also installed Gapps on crDroid when I succeeded installing it.

So, my status is CrDroid is installed with Gapps. My problem now is the system is unstable. WiFi is VERY slow and then eventually it crashes while installing apps.

I am going to to work on it some more and see what I can figure out.

lividhen

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado
The camera seems to be completely broken on the latest build... It also logs a bunch of Bluetooth errors (a missing .so) but it still seems to work correctly. Safetynet also just gives an "API error" but I don't know if that's just on my end. Running top also says hatt mm-camera-daemon is taking 97% of the CPU.

Attachments

• logcat-camera.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The camera seems to be completely broken on the latest build... It also logs a bunch of Bluetooth errors (a missing .so) but it still seems to work correctly. Safetynet also just gives an "API error" but I don't know if that's just on my end. Running top also says hatt mm-camera-daemon is taking 97% of the CPU.
Is this a clean Flash?

Nomad3512

Apr 15, 2021
Yes, I did follow the instructions, which were clear.

However, I have been able to install EverVol 11 and then crDroid 10 over it. What I did was AFTER I flashed the ROM using TWRP I cleared the cache again. I also installed Gapps on crDroid when I succeeded installing it.

So, my status is CrDroid is installed with Gapps. My problem now is the system is unstable. WiFi is VERY slow and then eventually it crashes while installing apps.

I am going to to work on it some more and see what I can figure out.
I found a newer version of OpenGapps and reflashed everything and with Magisk 22.1 and it seems to be working well with a couple of exceptions for setup, a problem with the Camera and the keyboard idiosyncracy.

I am comparing setup here to setup on my wife's Moto G Stylus, running Android 10, so it may be that the Moto is not stock behavior of setup.

1) I normally don't, at initial setup, setup the lock screen password. When I got to it I had to setup for face unlock + something else, because there was no Skip button available. So I just set it up. This is just outside of what I normally do setting up a new device and I was surprised I couldn't skip it.

2) When I got further into setup the screen for setting up Voice Match for Assistant had no way to get past it. There was no "Skip" or "Next" button available. I got around this by killing setup.

I did setup Voice Match later using Settings. However, because I killed setup I now always have a Notification that "setup is in progress" that I can't make go away.

3) This is probably OpenGapps (open_gapps-arm-10.0-full-20210416), but thought it should be mentioned. When I was finished with setup there were two camera apps with the same icon. Initially both would open (I didn't try using them) and seemed to be differnt cameras. Now neither will run - they both just Stop after selecting them.

4) The keyboard has 2 backspace keys when in portrait mode. In landscape there is only 1.

1) & 2) are not major issues for how I do things.

3) is more substantive.
From app info the revisions of the 2 camera apps are:
com.android.camera2 2.0.002
org.lineageos.snap 2.02.037 (eng.everet.20210411.124645-30)

4) This is just strange - not a problem - at least for me.

Attached are the logs for camera crashes, a screenshot of the keyboard with 2 backspaces and a log of the opengapps install.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-113858837.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-113858837.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 5
  • open_gapps_log.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
  • crashreports.zip
    433.9 KB · Views: 2

Nomad3512

Apr 15, 2021
I found a newer version of OpenGapps and reflashed everything and with Magisk 22.1 and it seems to be working well with a couple of exceptions for setup, a problem with the Camera and the keyboard idiosyncracy.

I am comparing setup here to setup on my wife's Moto G Stylus, running Android 10, so it may be that the Moto is not stock behavior of setup.

1) I normally don't, at initial setup, setup the lock screen password. When I got to it I had to setup for face unlock + something else, because there was no Skip button available. So I just set it up. This is just outside of what I normally do setting up a new device and I was surprised I couldn't skip it.

2) When I got further into setup the screen for setting up Voice Match for Assistant had no way to get past it. There was no "Skip" or "Next" button available. I got around this by killing setup.

I did setup Voice Match later using Settings. However, because I killed setup I now always have a Notification that "setup is in progress" that I can't make go away.

3) This is probably OpenGapps (open_gapps-arm-10.0-full-20210416), but thought it should be mentioned. When I was finished with setup there were two camera apps with the same icon. Initially both would open (I didn't try using them) and seemed to be differnt cameras. Now neither will run - they both just Stop after selecting them.

4) The keyboard has 2 backspace keys when in portrait mode. In landscape there is only 1.

1) & 2) are not major issues for how I do things.

3) is more substantive.
From app info the revisions of the 2 camera apps are:
com.android.camera2 2.0.002
org.lineageos.snap 2.02.037 (eng.everet.20210411.124645-30)

4) This is just strange - not a problem - at least for me.

Attached are the logs for camera crashes, a screenshot of the keyboard with 2 backspaces and a log of the opengapps install.
I tried multiple times but the crash reports won't upload for some reason. Or are not showing up as there.

lividhen

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado
I ended up doing a clean flash! It fixed the issues. There are the things that nomad mentioned, and also at first it was the internal camera, but now it is the external: it is rotated and squashed. (In screenshots device is held in portrait) the firstisin open camera and the second is one of the built in camera apps. Oh also getting the SafetyNet API error... But everything that needs it still works.

Edit: I did nothing and now the camera thing is fixed. But tons of apps seem to be "incompatible" in Google play now... (retroarch, Google photos, discord). "libmain.so" seems to be missing, which could be the cause of it.
Edit: now the camera is squashed again. Thank you technology. 😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-113808503.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-113808503.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210417-114704864.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-114704864.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

lividhen

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado
Think the only issue with this build (I think the last one too) is drm is... Funky.
@1.0-service-qti": library "[email protected]" not found 04-27 23:16:55.311 1 1 W libc : Unable to set property "ro.init.updatable_crashing_process_name" to "bluetooth-1-0": error code: 0xb 04-27 23:16:55.312 1 1 W libc : Unable to set property "ro.init.updatable_crashing" to "1": error code: 0xb 04-27 23:16:55.351 429 429 W ServiceManagement: Waited one second for [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine 04-27 23:16:55.352 429 429 I ServiceManagement: getService: Trying again for [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine... 04-27 23:16:55.355 222 15122 W libc : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "[email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine": error code: 0x20 04-27 23:16:55.355 222 15122 E hwservicemanager: Failed to set property for starting [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine 04-27 23:16:55.605 429 8847 W ServiceManagement: Waited one second for [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine 04-27 23:16:55.610 429 8847 I ServiceManagement: getService: Trying again for [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine... 04-27 23:16:55.615 222 15123 W libc : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "[email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine": error code: 0x20 04-27 23:16:55.615 222 15123 E hwservicemanager: Failed to set property for starting [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine 04-27 23:16:56.004 429 491 W ServiceManagement: Waited one second for [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine 04-27 23:16:56.006 429 491 I ServiceManagement: getService: Trying again for [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine... 04-27 23:16:56.011 222 15124 W libc : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "[email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine": error code: 0x20 04-27 23:16:56.011 222 15124 E hwservicemanager: Failed to set property for starting [email protected]::IDrmFactory/widevine
Oh yeah also home button does not wake the screen anymore but that might be a crdroid issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am working on a new build to try and resolve some of these issues.
    I like the ROM overall but the battery drains a little fast.
    Is there any solution?
    Well, Gapps takes a lot of battery, so you could use micro g instead if you are willing to. If you were to build from source you could also reduce the cpu clock speed back to stock.
    TWRP 3.5.0 for the SM-T350 added to the main post.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, or any other hardware malfunctions that comes as a result of flashing this ROM, Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included before flashing it, this ROM was built for the SM-T350 if you choose to flash this on any other device do so at your own risk!

>> crDroid Features <<

-Installation instructions-

1. Download the ROM and GApps(ARM, 10.0, pico) and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Do a full backup of your device
    4. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache. (Recommended)
    5. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    6. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    7. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    8. Reboot your device.[/SIZE]

TWRP 3.5.0 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD
    TWRP 3.5.0 SM-T350 ODIN DOWNLOAD
    TWRP 3.3.1 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD

If you are having problems flashing this ROM you are most likely running into issues other members were having with the device most of which were already solved, please spend some time reading through this post of other posts related to this device.

-Backlight issues-
    Read this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83488241&postcount=41

Thanks
    @retiredtab for all working tirelessly on the android 10 build especially for the audio fix
    @lividhen99 for keeping the Pie builds going
    CrDroid team

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android 10.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    nubianprince
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: lineageos

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-08

Created 2020-09-03
    Last Updated 2020-11-08
    Finally this thread is back :)
    Any of you guys confirm that when using the stock AOSP keyboard included, if you switch to number keyboard you cannot switch back to ABC keyboard?
    thx

I haven't seen any issues with the AOSP keyboard, switching back and forth between Numeric and ABC works fine
    TWRP 3.5.0 for the SM-T350 added to the main post.
    DO NOT USE TWRP 3.5.0.10 until nubianprince and I discuss. I found one bug and another potentially serious one that will cause a boot loop and you will have to revert back to stock to fix. For the latter, more research is required to figure out what's going on.

Use 3.3.1, it's what I have used to flash the T350 over 100 times during development.

I already sent nubianprince a PM, but this will take some time to figure out. I know he's busy and 3.3.1 works fine so there's no urgent need to fix this right away.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone