• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T350][UNOFFICIAL][crDroidAndroid-11.0][v7.10][ANDROID 11] Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Search This thread
The screen on my t-350 flickers when i pull down the quick settings tab on top. Dont know if it suppose to do that.

Please search for your issue before commenting. Somebody may have had the same issue in the past.
The issue in here refers to a dark screen, but it also flickers 😅.

TravisGrady

Aug 3, 2014
Tavrizh
I have an sm-t350 with android 7.1.1

allright I have no idea how to use them .img TWRP files!!

the .tar twrp file in op "TWRP 3.5.2 SM-T350 ODIN DOWNLOAD" is not working for me. I flash it using Odin3_v3.14.1 but it just wont boot into it.

recovery mode just goes blank and not into twrp.

the only twrp version I could get to work was 3.1.1 and I got an "Error: 1" when trying to install the ROM zip file.

so I guess my question is what to do?

thanks.

G_Bot

Jul 4, 2020
I have an sm-t350 with android 7.1.1

allright I have no idea how to use them .img TWRP files!!

the .tar twrp file in op "TWRP 3.5.2 SM-T350 ODIN DOWNLOAD" is not working for me. I flash it using Odin3_v3.14.1 but it just wont boot into it.

recovery mode just goes blank and not into twrp.

the only twrp version I could get to work was 3.1.1 and I got an "Error: 1" when trying to install the ROM zip file.

so I guess my question is what to do?

thanks.
You need to downgrade you're stock firmware to Marshmallow 6.0.1 And flash you're Rom's and Twrp on top of that. Im using Twrp 3.5.0_9 with Android 10 Cr.Droid.

Last edited:

TravisGrady

Aug 3, 2014
Tavrizh
You need to downgrade you're stock firmware to Marshmallow 6.0.1 And flash you're Rom's and Twrp on top of that. Im using Twrp 3.5.0_9 with Android 10 Cr.Droid.
OK.

so I flashed a marshmellow stock rom first but that itself was problematic on the first boot for some reason!! but I managed to put the device into download mode and then I flashded the "TWRP_3.5.0_9_SM-T350_Unofficial" and it booted into it successfuly!!
and flashed the Android10.0 zip file from twrp ( I know this is the android 11 thread but figured cauze this was an older build the bugs has beed ironed out) anyway the GPS not working and sound has problems, well native music app has problems more likly cause "Smart Audiobook" app plays the files just fine.

I'll try this with android 11 and see where it goes.

what I want the most is to be able to play music in ultra power saving mode so I can extened the battery life, I could do it in the stock rom using samsung music player only case any other app converted into system app ( so it could be run in Ultra Power Saving Mode) would lost its sound after screen lock.
but samsung music player gave off an awfully crap sound quality for some reason I could not figure out!!!

OK.

so I flashed a marshmellow stock rom first but that itself was problematic on the first boot for some reason!! but I managed to put the device into download mode and then I flashded the "TWRP_3.5.0_9_SM-T350_Unofficial" and it booted into it successfuly!!
and flashed the Android10.0 zip file from twrp ( I know this is the android 11 thread but figured cauze this was an older build the bugs has beed ironed out) anyway the GPS not working and sound has problems, well native music app has problems more likly cause "Smart Audiobook" app plays the files just fine.

I'll try this with android 11 and see where it goes.

what I want the most is to be able to play music in ultra power saving mode so I can extened the battery life, I could do it in the stock rom using samsung music player only case any other app converted into system app ( so it could be run in Ultra Power Saving Mode) would lost its sound after screen lock.
but samsung music player gave off an awfully crap sound quality for some reason I could not figure out!!!
Which version of the android 10 rom are you using?

TravisGrady

Aug 3, 2014
Tavrizh
Love this thank you.
ok after some trying I got this release to work with my SM-t350 but what the heck ?!!! the wifi MAC address is changed!!!
did it spoof it, but why?

I love it's light weightedness, I cannot find device maintainance feature present in 7.1.1 though.
It used to have a maximum power saving mode that would extend battery life for days. how is battery saver mode on this one?
any reviews on battery life?

oh and for those whose SSID is hidden you need to chose hidden or it won't connect.

Last edited:

djlman

Sep 16, 2007
I just installed the latest Android 11 CR-Droid [20210919] Rom on my T-350 today. Cleared dalvic, cache, system and data. First installed the latest TWRP [3.5.2_9] Rebooted. Then flashed CR-Droid ROM as above. Rebooted. Flashed OpenGapps Nano for Android 11 rebooted. Flashed Magisk V21. Rebooted. Ran Magisk manager. Magisk then upgraded itself to v23. I rebooted a couple of times after that as I was seeing some odd things like Windows Explorer was seeing two copies of the SDcard in the explorer window for the device and scrolling the apps drawer from the bottom was producing some screen flickering in both directions. It seems to be smoother now. I do see some intermittent slowness when installing apps from the play store, but that seems to be only temporary and the device seems normal after a couple of minutes.

I'm still seeing brief flickering when opening/closing the app drawer. It isn't pretty but it doesn't seem to be doing any harm.

So far, other minor visual stuff, this ROM is flowing really very smoothly, like warm butter on a hot potato! Thanks SO much for dev'ing this nubianprince :)

@nubianprince I'm not thrilled with the permissive kernel decision and SELinux not active. Why was that done? Is there an easy way to change that? I'm not a developer and have never experimented in modifying a kernel and would prefer not to. Can you make a non permissive kernel for this that can be flashed?

@nubianprince I'm not thrilled with the permissive kernel decision and SELinux not active. Why was that done? Is there an easy way to change that? I'm not a developer and have never experimented in modifying a kernel and would prefer not to. Can you make a non permissive kernel for this that can be flashed?
Kernel is permissive because sepolicies are still being worked on. Currently if you run setenforce true everything bugs out super hard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, or any other hardware malfunctions that comes as a result of flashing this ROM, Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included before flashing it, this ROM was built for the SM-T350 if you choose to flash this on any other device do so at your own risk!

>> crDroid Features <<

-Installation instructions-

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Do a full backup of your device
    4. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache. (Recommended)
    5. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    6. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    7. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    8. Reboot your device.

TWRP 3.5.2 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD

TWRP 3.5.2 SM-T350 ODIN DOWNLOAD

TWRP 3.3.1 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD

If you are having problems flashing this ROM you are most likely running into issues other members were having with the device most of which were already solved, please spend some time reading through this post of other posts related to this device.

-Backlight issues-
    Read this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83488241&postcount=41

Thanks
    CrDroid Team
    Evervolv Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors

nubianprince
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: crDroidAndroid

Version Information
    Stable
    New build uploaded (2021-06-21) with a few fixes @lividhen that app you couldn't get to work in the android 10 build should work in this build.
    Small selinux thing, when enforcing the lcd brightness cannot be changed through settings. It can be turned on and off, and the brightness can be changed by manually writing to /sys/devices/soc.0/1a00000.qcom,mdss_mdp/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.133/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness, but by any other means it does not work.

I have noticed (unrelated to selinux), this rom seems to run a lot cooler (40-70 rather than 50-80) than the Q one. The speaker is louder too 👍.

(Happy 4th Of July to those who live in the US too!)
    live display should now work in build 2021-07-08
    Ota updates only work for officially maintained crdroid roms. This one is unofficial, so you can just download the new zip, and flash it in twrp. You don't need to wipe data if you are staying on the same android version (and are not switching to another rom.). I would recommend wiping cache/dalvik cache though.
    Yeah, I’ll probably wipe the caches before flashing with TWRP. Thanks for the help!

I’m staying on this rom, so I assume I’ll only need to wipe the caches.