• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T350][UNOFFICIAL][crDroidAndroid-11.0][v7.7][ANDROID 11] Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Search This thread
Hello, I am running the latest 3.5 build of TWRP, and I can't seem to boot into the ROM. According to Hagrid from Discord, this device used DM-verity of which doesn't flash. (flashing the dm-verity disabler results in error code 1, multi disabler results in error code 3). Are there any other dm-verity zips I should use or something I'm doing wrong?
I have no idea what you are referring to.

I have no idea what you are referring to.
If I attempt to flash your crDroid ROM and then GApps, the tablet gets stuck on the logo. I don't know if this is right or not but I need to flash a DM-verity disabler which is supposed to prevent the tablet from getting stuck? Mainly what I'm trying to say is that if I flash just the ROM and GApps thru TWRP and then reboot to system, the tab doesn't boot into the OS, and if I try to flash the DM-verity disabler on top of that, I receive an error that the ZIP cannot be installed.

If I attempt to flash your crDroid ROM and then GApps, the tablet gets stuck on the logo. I don't know if this is right or not but I need to flash a DM-verity disabler which is supposed to prevent the tablet from getting stuck? Mainly what I'm trying to say is that if I flash just the ROM and GApps thru TWRP and then reboot to system, the tab doesn't boot into the OS, and if I try to flash the DM-verity disabler on top of that, I receive an error that the ZIP cannot be installed.
Why are you flashing DM Verity disabled? What tablet are you trying to flash this ROM on?

Techguy777

I do indeed have the SM-T350. IIRC it is to fix the bootloop issue that I get (set warranty bit: kernel) which prevents me from booting into the ROM.
Thats normal the yellow words in the top left of the screen is normal kernel means rom is booting to system and if it says recovery its booting into twrp LOL. You dont need the dm verity zip with this old of a tablet

Im flashing the rom so far so good
You do twrp 3.5.2
wipe advance wipe
system
data
cache

install zips latest crdroid android 11 zip
gapps official arm 32 v7 nano or pico on gapps site
magisk v23 rename apk to magiskv23.zip and itll flash root

also the tab is extremely slow it takes time to build cached than after you use the apps A little while it will start working better.

Last edited:

ovalseven

Aug 1, 2021
EDIT 8/3/2021: Unfortunately the 7/8/21 version of this ROM is so slow it's unusable unless I go into Dev options and limit background processes to 3 at most. Then it works decently, but I have noticed that the battery drains rather quickly regardless of what I do.
This has been my experience as well. I'd install the stable release mentioned in the OP, but it's not linked.

Thats normal the yellow words in the top left of the screen is normal kernel means rom is booting to system and if it says recovery its booting into twrp LOL. You dont need the dm verity zip with this old of a tablet

Im flashing the rom so far so good
You do twrp 3.5.2
wipe advance wipe
system
data
cache

install zips latest crdroid android 11 zip
gapps official arm 32 v7 nano or pico on gapps site
magisk v23 rename apk to magiskv23.zip and itll flash root

also the tab is extremely slow it takes time to build cached than after you use the apps A little while it will start working better.
I know it's normal but it never got off of that Galaxy logo after I flashed crDroid... but by slow do you mean it will take a while to boot into crDroid itself?

Techguy777

I know it's normal but it never got off of that Galaxy logo after I flashed crDroid... but by slow do you mean it will take a while to boot into crDroid itself?
I'm saying that the roms are always slow once they do boot up. But now I think it's my fault for being on marshmallow firmware instead of nougat. Because he probably uses the nougat source code from Samsung kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Were you able to do this? I tried but I get stuck in a boot loop after flashing.
    Flash the latest firmware in Odin, then boot into (the now stock) recovery and factory reset.
    Love this ROM! I was wondering since this tablet is lacking in ram, if I increase the virtual ram (with my SD card) would it increase in speed or just help by being able to run more back ground process? Thanks
    Probably not speed, but it would let you keep more apps open at once. My tab with like 50 apps installed when idle has 300 megs free ram. The system, at least with smaller apps, has enough working room so increasing ram may not do anything at all. So unless you are trying to use a chonky Chinese app game you're probably fine 🤣. I say that mostly jokingly.

So, if you are having trouble using an app because it takes too much ram, or would like to have more apps open at once, you would want to use zram (compressed vdisk in ram) or paging (using the sdcard as ram).
    Yes, I have a ton of apps that are ram hogs and when they all decide to start running in background at the same time. It seems to crash and shut down my tablet. I have to do the "force start" power/volume down for 20 seconds thing to get the tablet back up again. Thanks for the help!
    One other thing that may help, is long pressing on the app and going to its info page, then go to battery, and one of those options will stop it from running when you are not actively using it.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, or any other hardware malfunctions that comes as a result of flashing this ROM, Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included before flashing it, this ROM was built for the SM-T350 if you choose to flash this on any other device do so at your own risk!

>> crDroid Features <<

-Installation instructions-

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Do a full backup of your device
    4. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache. (Recommended)
    5. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    6. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    7. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    8. Reboot your device.

TWRP 3.5.2 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD

TWRP 3.5.2 SM-T350 ODIN DOWNLOAD

TWRP 3.3.1 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD

If you are having problems flashing this ROM you are most likely running into issues other members were having with the device most of which were already solved, please spend some time reading through this post of other posts related to this device.

-Backlight issues-
    Read this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83488241&postcount=41

Thanks
    CrDroid Team
    Evervolv Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors

nubianprince
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: crDroidAndroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-06-18
    New build uploaded (2021-06-21) with a few fixes @lividhen that app you couldn't get to work in the android 10 build should work in this build.
    Small selinux thing, when enforcing the lcd brightness cannot be changed through settings. It can be turned on and off, and the brightness can be changed by manually writing to /sys/devices/soc.0/1a00000.qcom,mdss_mdp/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.133/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness, but by any other means it does not work.

I have noticed (unrelated to selinux), this rom seems to run a lot cooler (40-70 rather than 50-80) than the Q one. The speaker is louder too 👍.

(Happy 4th Of July to those who live in the US too!)
    live display should now work in build 2021-07-08
    Ota updates only work for officially maintained crdroid roms. This one is unofficial, so you can just download the new zip, and flash it in twrp. You don't need to wipe data if you are staying on the same android version (and are not switching to another rom.). I would recommend wiping cache/dalvik cache though.
    Yeah, I’ll probably wipe the caches before flashing with TWRP. Thanks for the help!

I’m staying on this rom, so I assume I’ll only need to wipe the caches.