[ROM][SM-T350][UNOFFICIAL][crDroidAndroid-11.0][v7.10][ANDROID 11] Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Search This thread

ovalseven

Aug 1, 2021
When the quick setting menu is swiped down, the whole screen goes dark. Is this supposed to happen?

I'm saying that the roms are always slow once they do boot up. But now I think it's my fault for being on marshmallow firmware instead of nougat. Because he probably uses the nougat source code from Samsung kernel
Quite a few people were on marshmallow before upgrading to fix the backlight issue.
The kernel being used is here and I think its forked from here. So, while it is still version 3 of the linux kernel i don't think its based off nougat.

ovalseven

Aug 1, 2021
I want to uninstall this ROM from my system and go back to stock recovery/firmware. I had fun with crDroid, but I think it's time to head back to stock.

Can I just flash a stock ROM with Odin to remove it? Or is there more to it than that?
Were you able to do this? I tried but I get stuck in a boot loop after flashing.

Jul 17, 2021
Love this ROM! I was wondering since this tablet is lacking in ram, if I increase the virtual ram (with my SD card) would it increase in speed or just help by being able to run more back ground process? Thanks

Love this ROM! I was wondering since this tablet is lacking in ram, if I increase the virtual ram (with my SD card) would it increase in speed or just help by being able to run more back ground process? Thanks
Probably not speed, but it would let you keep more apps open at once. My tab with like 50 apps installed when idle has 300 megs free ram. The system, at least with smaller apps, has enough working room so increasing ram may not do anything at all. So unless you are trying to use a chonky Chinese app game you're probably fine 🤣. I say that mostly jokingly.

So, if you are having trouble using an app because it takes too much ram, or would like to have more apps open at once, you would want to use zram (compressed vdisk in ram) or paging (using the sdcard as ram).

Last edited:
Reactions: Josephskertesz
Jul 17, 2021
Probably not speed, but it would let you keep more apps open at once. My tab with like 50 apps installed when idle has 300 megs free ram. The system, at least with smaller apps, has enough working room so increasing ram may not do anything at all. So unless you are trying to use a chonky Chinese app game you're probably fine 🤣. I say that mostly jokingly.

So, if you are having trouble using an app because it takes too much ram, or would like to have more apps open at once, you would want to use zram (compressed vdisk in ram) or paging (using the sdcard as ram).
Yes, I have a ton of apps that are ram hogs and when they all decide to start running in background at the same time. It seems to crash and shut down my tablet. I have to do the "force start" power/volume down for 20 seconds thing to get the tablet back up again. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Yes, I have a ton of apps that are ram hogs and when they all decide to start running in background at the same time. It seems to crash and shut down my tablet. I have to do the "force start" power/volume down for 20 seconds thing to get the tablet back up again. Thanks for the help!
One other thing that may help, is long pressing on the app and going to its info page, then go to battery, and one of those options will stop it from running when you are not actively using it.

Reactions: Josephskertesz

lmore377

Jul 2, 2016
I know this is more a general android question than a rom specific question but is there any way to get the Ethernet settings like on the stock rom? I need to set a static IP but doing it thru a terminal with ifconfig doesn't seem to be working

edit: turns out that turning on ethernet tethering works for what I'm using the tablet for (bimmerlink for my car)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021
It's kind of weird I couldn't find what was hogging up the RAM, so I did a factory reset and wiped everything but it kept randomly shutting down on me. I flashed a stock ROM and the same thing kept happening. So I flash this ROM back again because I love it compared to other ROMS. I have been using a wakelock app and it seems to stopped the issue. Could it be a chip set thing? One thing is for sure its not this ROM causing the issue.

It's kind of weird I couldn't find what was hogging up the RAM, so I did a factory reset and wiped everything but it kept randomly shutting down on me. I flashed a stock ROM and the same thing kept happening. So I flash this ROM back again because I love it compared to other ROMS. I have been using a wakelock app and it seems to stopped the issue. Could it be a chip set thing? One thing is for sure its not this ROM causing the issue.
Devices with low memory like this usually have their ram nearly full most of the time as the system tries to utalize as much of it as possible and can release some of it when allocating it to an app. Or at least that is my understanding of it.

G_Bot

Jul 4, 2020
The screen on my t-350 flickers when i pull down the quick settings tab on top. Dont know if it suppose to do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, or any other hardware malfunctions that comes as a result of flashing this ROM, Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included before flashing it, this ROM was built for the SM-T350 if you choose to flash this on any other device do so at your own risk!

>> crDroid Features <<

-Installation instructions-

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Do a full backup of your device
    4. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache. (Recommended)
    5. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    6. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    7. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    8. Reboot your device.

TWRP 3.7.0 SM-T350 IMG DOWNLOAD

TWRP 3.7.0 SM-T350 ODIN DOWNLOAD

TWRP 3.3.1 SM-T350 DOWNLOAD

If you are having problems flashing this ROM you are most likely running into issues other members were having with the device most of which were already solved, please spend some time reading through this post of other posts related to this device.

-Backlight issues-
    Read this post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83488241&postcount=41

Thanks
    CrDroid Team
    Evervolv Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors

nubianprince
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: crDroidAndroid

Version Information
    Stable
    New build uploaded (2021-06-21) with a few fixes @lividhen that app you couldn't get to work in the android 10 build should work in this build.
    Small selinux thing, when enforcing the lcd brightness cannot be changed through settings. It can be turned on and off, and the brightness can be changed by manually writing to /sys/devices/soc.0/1a00000.qcom,mdss_mdp/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.133/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness, but by any other means it does not work.

I have noticed (unrelated to selinux), this rom seems to run a lot cooler (40-70 rather than 50-80) than the Q one. The speaker is louder too 👍.

(Happy 4th Of July to those who live in the US too!)
    live display should now work in build 2021-07-08
    Ota updates only work for officially maintained crdroid roms. This one is unofficial, so you can just download the new zip, and flash it in twrp. You don't need to wipe data if you are staying on the same android version (and are not switching to another rom.). I would recommend wiping cache/dalvik cache though.
    Yeah, I’ll probably wipe the caches before flashing with TWRP. Thanks for the help!

I’m staying on this rom, so I assume I’ll only need to wipe the caches.