Well that settles it then.
Well that settles it then.
To note I do encounter something. Before this I installed Magisk and Swift Installer. Must be something Swift Installer messed up or something and my tab kept rebooting every 1 or 2 minutes even after uninstalling both Magisk and Swift Installer. Booted back into TWRP and wipe data. Now I'm not rooted and tab is working fine.
Just something to mention. I can live without both of the apps mentioned.
Thanks for the wonderful rom, now my tab works fine.
Did the fix script before installing Swift Installer and still happened. I'm not too bothered by not having root so it's fine.The reboot thing happens if you mess with some root binaries on the device (and possibly other things). If you install Magisk use the fix script in the OP to make it work without causing the reboot issue. For theming, there is built in stuff within the Phh settings app that will hopefully cover what you wanted to do with Swift.
That worked for getting the number and I used it to register. I no longer get the constant nag and setup is now restoring apps from a google backup, but I still can't run Play Store. That still pops up the screen saying Play Protect isn't certified. But if I tap play.google.com on that screen, Play Store opens. I guess I can live with that.
Give it a little time and a few reboots. Eventually it goes away.That worked for getting the number and I used it to register. I no longer get the constant nag and setup is now restoring apps from a google backup, but I still can't run Play Store. That still pops up the screen saying Play Protect isn't certified. But if I tap play.google.com on that screen, Play Store opens. I guess I can live with that.
Don't delete anything or you risk causing it to randomly reboot.Installed Magisk and ran the fixes script. Got an error on the rm line saying no such file but the tablet seems to be running ok. Have root and brightness control.
edit: there is a /system/xbin/su file but no /system_root directory. Should I delete the /system/xbin/su file?
I'm getting the same error trying to backup to the SD card. Have boot, data and super checked.
I don't think you'll be able to back up data with any positive result because of the file based encryption, but I'm not positive. I haven't tested backup but will give it a try. In the meantime try unchecking data and see if it succeeds.
It works with data unchecked. I guess I can use Titanium to back up data.
Yea, I'd go that route. Data secured with file based encryption is not something that has a clear way to access via TWRP. I tried looking for solutions on multiple occasions but haven't found anything yet.
On the T510, formatting the data partition got rid of the encryption and installing custom ROMs left it unencrypted.
Unfortunately that's not the case on the 500. The 510 I believe uses a Mediatek chip vs the Qualcomm SoC in the 500 so it's not really comparable.
Try wiping data for the Play Store and Google Play Services. You may need to register again after that, but it definitely should work. I've done it several times with this device during development.
Before it started working without the not certified screen, I was able to get in by clicking on the play.google.com link on that page.
You have to go to /Settings/Display and enable rotation.
Great news!! But I think you need to post it in the ROMs, Kernels, Recover thread.I have successfully ported TWRP and Lineage OS 18.1 to the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 (2020), aka SM-T500. This is my first time porting TWRP or LOS, so there may be issues unknown about at this time. Thus far, the only known issue is that the touchscreen in TWRP does not work. This can be worked around by using a USB mouse and/or accessing the device via ADB.
Here are the rough steps to follow:
- Unlock device bootloader using instructions from other threads.
- Patch stock ROM (AP) using Magisk, then flash rooted ROM. Will likely need to wipe device after this.
- Boot into rooted ROM and ensure "OEM Unlocking" is still enabled in "Developer Tools".
- Boot back into download mode and flash "vbmeta_disabled_R.tar" to disable verified boot.
- Boot device back into rooted stock ROM to ensure things are still functional (may require a device wipe at this step).
- Boot device into download mode and use ODIN to flash TWRP recovery.tar file via "AP" slot.
- Boot device into TWRP to verify functionality (hold Vol-Up + Power during boot).
- Access TWRP via adb using "adb shell" or with USB mouse (touch functionality currently not working).
- Format data partition on device.
- Via ADB shell: twrp format data
- Via USB mouse: Wipe -> Advanced -> Format Data
- Boot device into download mode.
- Via ADB shell: twrp reboot download
- Via USB mouse: Reboot -> Download
- Flash LineageOS tar file via ODIN using the "AP" slot.
- If device boots into TWRP after flashing LineageOS, use USB mouse to select: Reboot -> System
- Device should boot and stall for ~1m at the Samsung logo screen with red text below, then should go blank and then display LineageOS boot image.
- LineageOS 18.1 20210615 with TWRP 3.5.2: https://mega.nz/file/vMVglThZ#TepIHvdEypezq3z4S_4Lln7FRFVfC7CUjVGq3ByFb6U
- TWRP 3.5.2: https://mega.nz/file/GYU1yCCQ#JsthI8BYNtfB08Pzt1eeXta2Lb1zCkUI185Zm88dEW4
- vbmeta_disabled_R: https://mega.nz/file/iMFx3CQI#8cP4mPoRaQNwDATqt0vKD8wxqRWSTz1EL79U0fNpW8M
I made a new build yesterday however I can't test it yet since my device is not back to me yet. If you want a copy to try dm me and I will share it. But be warned, I don't even know if it boots (though you could always reflash the old one if that's the case). The goal of the new build was to fix the SD card bug and make the touchscreen work.
Thanks for the reply. The sources can be found on the Github repo I made, which is here: https://github.com/agreenbhm/android_device_samsung_gta4lwifi.Just tested your Beta2 of twrp (something that I usually don't do) and touch is working. MTP is not working; as I have a "working" (no decryption) twrp from quite some time if you share your source I may can help you (if you're interested).
I have no intention on sharing builds or getting too much involved here on xda.. I own this device from a week before lockdown ended, I've managed to make a "working"ish twrp-3.5.1 and lineage-17.1 recovery (with fastbootd). Then I've started again to work so I've dropped the project to port LineageOS.. but if you're willing to share your source I may can help iron some bugs when I have time.
Didn't test your Lineage build (maybe I will), I still have to update to official 11 firmware.