[ROM][SM-T500] Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 (2020) - LineageOS 19.1 (and TWRP 3.6.1)

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
so i can't install your rom...
It's not my ROM and I don't know if you can or not. Did you do as I suggested and look for post from others with the problem?

edit: I don't know if it will work or not, but you might try flashing just the CSC for your country via Odin.

Last edited:
Reactions: ljgjm
I think that may because this ROM is based on the US/Canada stock ROM. If your stock ROM is from another country, then that is the problem. If you search back through this thread, I think you'll find others had the same problem but I don't know if they ever solved it.
My stock rom is XSG but it still worked (i got it online lol cus it was cheap lol 100$ less just more delivery payment)

Last edited:

samigina

Oct 7, 2014
Is there a mirror for the files? It seems like Androidhost is having some issues, can't download the files.

shanestechtiktok

Oct 23, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S8
Hello world, I have successfully built LineageOS 19.1 with Gapps for the SM-T500 (Tab A7 10.4 2020) using Andy Yan's LOS GSIs. Lineage is current as of 3/24/2022. I have also compiled TWRP version 3.6.1, based on Android 11 (previous release was Android 10-based). I have attempted to make this install as painless as possible. Please read the notes below carefully. WARNING: you are responsible for your own actions, so please be careful. If you brick something, that's on you.
  1. Update to latest stock ROM as of 3/24/2022 (T500XXU3BVB3).
  2. Unlock bootloader using steps described in this thread. Make sure that after your device wipes and reboots after the bootloader is unlocked that you go through the setup wizard again and back into Developer Settings and enable OEM Unlocking. I think you need to connect to wifi for this option to appear, so if you don't see it try that.
  3. Boot to download mode, then install VBMeta Disabler via Odin.
  4. Reboot to download mode, then install TWRP via Odin.
  5. Reboot to download mode again, then install LineageOS via Odin.
  6. Boot to TWRP, push "fix_brightness.sh" to the device and run it, then format data.
That should be all that is necessary. If you get stuck in a loop with TWRP where you can't boot to system (seems to happen regularly to me) I included a script in TWRP that should get you out. From the TWRP cli run the command "exit_twrp". It will say "out of space" when finished (instantly). Then reboot to system. If for some reason that still doesn't work and you boot back to TWRP, repeat.

Known Issues:
  • OS-encrypted storage (Internal Data) not able to be decrypted in TWRP.
  • TWRP touchscreen seems to be unresponsive for several seconds upon first booting into TWRP. Just patiently wait a few seconds and try again.
  • You'll see errors in TWRP about /keyrefuge, etc. Ignore that. I believe it's related to the inability to decrypt internal storage using FBE.
  • Installing Gapps (Nik and Flame) doesn't work, but no worry because the ROM includes Gapps :)
  • Security: by default this ROM has root access and USB debugging (adb) is enabled unsecured. Anyone can plug into it and have full root access. So disable USB debugging if you don't want that! TWRP is the same way, though data is encrypted. Someone could install malware into your system partition though. In short, this is for hobbyists, not someone with security concerns.
Sources:
Files:
Updates:
  • You can update this ROM yourself by installing a new GSI to the system partition.
    • Download new GSI from here onto Micro SD card: https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-19.x/
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Run command: blockdev --setrw /dev/block/mapper/system
    • Run command: dd if=/external_sd/<your_downloaded_gsi.img> of=/dev/block/mapper/system bs=1M
    • Wait for dd command to finish, then reboot into system. Don't forget to use "exit_twrp" command if you keep booting into TWRP.
hello I've got some questions, for start my wifi is not working or auto rotate or volume is there any fix for this?

axltrsx

Nov 1, 2022
Hello world, I have successfully built LineageOS 19.1 with Gapps for the SM-T500 (Tab A7 10.4 2020) using Andy Yan's LOS GSIs. Lineage is current as of 3/24/2022. I have also compiled TWRP version 3.6.1, based on Android 11 (previous release was Android 10-based). I have attempted to make this install as painless as possible. Please read the notes below carefully. WARNING: you are responsible for your own actions, so please be careful. If you brick something, that's on you.
  2. Unlock bootloader using steps described in this thread. Make sure that after your device wipes and reboots after the bootloader is unlocked that you go through the setup wizard again and back into Developer Settings and enable OEM Unlocking. I think you need to connect to wifi for this option to appear, so if you don't see it try that.
  6. Boot to TWRP, push "fix_brightness.sh" to the device and run it, then format data.
That should be all that is necessary. If you get stuck in a loop with TWRP where you can't boot to system (seems to happen regularly to me) I included a script in TWRP that should get you out. From the TWRP cli run the command "exit_twrp". It will say "out of space" when finished (instantly). Then reboot to system. If for some reason that still doesn't work and you boot back to TWRP, repeat.

Known Issues:
  • TWRP touchscreen seems to be unresponsive for several seconds upon first booting into TWRP. Just patiently wait a few seconds and try again.
  • You'll see errors in TWRP about /keyrefuge, etc. Ignore that. I believe it's related to the inability to decrypt internal storage using FBE.
  • Installing Gapps (Nik and Flame) doesn't work, but no worry because the ROM includes Gapps :)
  • Security: by default this ROM has root access and USB debugging (adb) is enabled unsecured. Anyone can plug into it and have full root access. So disable USB debugging if you don't want that! TWRP is the same way, though data is encrypted. Someone could install malware into your system partition though. In short, this is for hobbyists, not someone with security concerns.
Sources:
Files:
Updates:
  • You can update this ROM yourself by installing a new GSI to the system partition.
    • Download new GSI from here onto Micro SD card: https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-19.x/
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Run command: dd if=/external_sd/<your_downloaded_gsi.img> of=/dev/block/mapper/system bs=1M
    • Wait for dd command to finish, then reboot into system. Don't forget to use "exit_twrp" command if you keep booting into TWRP.
Hi, I was trying it and when i flashed the vbmeta file, my tablet showed "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(vbmeta)" how can i fix it?

axltrsx

Nov 1, 2022
Did you unlock the bootloader? Did you enable Dev mode and OEM after unlocking?
Now it says "partition vbmeta
Reason vbmeta: error verifying vbmeta image: HS_IMTHSGAUEMSAC"
Odin detects it but when i click start, this shows in logs:

<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1303)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

axltrsx

Nov 1, 2022
Now it says "partition vbmeta
Reason vbmeta: error verifying vbmeta image: HS_IMTHSGAUEMSAC"
Odin detects it but when i click start, this shows in logs:

<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1303)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
1667308442510.png
now its in this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does this mean its bricked? And how do i fix it
    Unplug the USB cable from your device. Try pressing and holding the power button and vol+ to get it to reboot (and likely to bootloop.) If that doesn't work, try power and vol-. Then press and hold the power button and both vol buttons, and plug the USB cable back in while still holding the buttons in. You should eventually be able to get back to the download screen. (Trial and error.)

Then try the 3.14.4 version of ODIN and load the latest version of the stock firmware. Once you can get the stock firmware to load, start over again. Set it up stock, Download Magisk and patch the stock AP file. Go back to ODIN and load the modified AP along with the stock BL and CSC files (not HOME_CSC.) I suspect you need to go back to completely stock as a starting point. If you can't do that you will likely be spinning your wheels.

I have no idea if there is someplace online to download the patched AP file. It was easy to do myself so I had no reason to look.
    I mean exactly what I said. If flashing the latest stock firmware doesn't fix the bootloop, then I don't have any idea what else to do. Maybe someone else does, but I don't.
    so i cant do ANYTHING not even root or download something els or anything
    You should be able to root with Magisk, but there are two different ways to do it. One is to patch the entire AP file and flash it with BL, and CSC and the other is to extract the boot.img from the AP file, patch it and then tar the modified file and flash it by itself from the AP slot. But it has been so long since I've done it on this tablet that I don't recall which method works. You'd have to search back trough the treads to find out which to use.
    updating you about the sm-t505 i manged to get twrp on it
    Well, that changes every thing. You can flash Magisk from TWRP without needing to modify the AP or boo.img, in order to root. You can also use fastboot from TWRP to flash GSI ROMs.
    Well, that changes every thing. You can flash Magisk from TWRP without needing to modify the AP or boo.img, in order to root. You can also use fastboot from TWRP to flash GSI ROMs.
    without the help and support you gave i wouldnt even get it fixt i have been trying to fix this for a week now and you saved me THANK YOU!

Known Issues:
    Sources:
    Files:
    Updates:
      • Boot into TWRP
    I want to load Lineage 19.1 on my SM-T500 tablet, but it has been using the stock rom with the latest firmware T500XXS4CVJ1 using bootloader 4. ODIN won't let me downgrade to firmware T500XXU3BVB3, with bootloader 3. I started with my T500XXS4CVJ1 firmware, and loaded the LineageOS 19.1 Beta2 as described. No issues loading it, but the Wifi isn't working as many have noted. Loading later versions of Andy Yan's GSI didn't fix the issue.

Is anybody working on a Lineage 19.1 ROM starting with a bootloader 4 firmware? A way to downgrade to the previous bootloader version firmware?

I have another SM-T500 tablet modified back when I had the T500XXU3BVB3 firmware, and I like it. (It is nice to have a Wifi tablet with working Wifi!)
    First time flashing Samsung, first time using heimdall instead of Odin in Archlinux. These are the steps I switched from Odin following the instructions from https://xdaforums.com/m/agreenbhm.2655703/ on the first post in this thread https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-sm-t500...eos-19-1-and-twrp-3-6-1.4421365/post-86632267 :

#Installed Heimdall from AUR
    Install with AUR package manager of choice https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/heimdall-git
    ###Flash Untarred vbmeta_disabled_R.tar
    heimdall flash --VBMETA vbmeta.img --no-reboot
    ###Flash untarred TWRP
    heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img
    ###Flash untarred and unlz4ed LineageOS
    heimdall flash --SUPER super.img
    ###Rebooted into TWRP
    adb push fix_brightness.sh /
    adb shell
    chmod +x fix_brightness.sh
    ./fix_brightness.sh
    ###Format Data in TWRP
    ###Reboot System in TWRP
    Kept rebooting into TWRP
    adb shell
    exit_twrp

Worked well except the reported WiFI problem. XSA (Australia) variant.

Tried following agreenbhm's instructions from https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-sm-t500...eos-19-1-and-twrp-3-6-1.4421365/post-86693825

#check for last version of stock firmware
    samloader -m SM-T500 -r XSA checkupdate
    #Download last version of stock firmware
    samloader -m SM-T500 -r XSA download -v T500XXU3BVB4/T500OLM3BVB4/T500XXU3BVB4/T500XXU3BVB4 -O .
    #Unencrypt it
    samloader -m SM-T500 -r XSA decrypt -v T500XXU3BVB4/T500OLM3BVB4/T500XXU3BVB4/T500XXU3BVB4 -V 4 -i SM-T500_1_20220304080951_2k076a7d3v_fac.zip.enc4 -o SM-T500_1_20220304080951_2k076a7d3v_fac.zip
    #Unzip
    unzip SM-T500_1_20220304080951_2k076a7d3v_fac.zip
    #Used Odin3 to flash
    BL -> BL_T500XXU3BVB4_CL23447145_QB49681114_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    AP -> AP_T500XXU3BVB4_CL23447145_QB49681114_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_RKEY_OS11.tar.md5
    CSC -> CSC_OMC_OLM_T500OLM3BVB4_CL23447145_QB49681114_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

*Checks WiFi, it works.

#Download Mode
    heimdall flash --VBMETA vbmeta_disabled_R.img
    #Reboot Download Mode
    heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img
    #Boot into TWRP
    adb shell
    blockdev --setrw /dev/block/mapper/system
    dd if=/external_sd/lineage-19.1-20220320-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bgS-vndklite.img of=/dev/block/mapper/system bs=1M
    #Reboot system
    Stuck rebooting in TWRP
    There is no exit_twrp anymore
    adb shell
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/by-name/misc
    #Reboot system

*Still reboot loops into TWRP
    When I wipe dalvik, data and cache. I get errors:
    Failed to mount /keydata (invalid argument)
    Failed to mount /keyrefuge (invalid argument)

#Enter TWRP
    Format Data
    adb shell
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/by-name/misc
    #Reboot System
    #Fix Brightness
    adb reboot recovery
    adb push fix_brightness.sh /
    adb shell
    chmod +x fix_brightness.sh
    ./fix_brightness.sh
    #Reboot System

Boots into Lineage and WiFi works!
    Thanks agreenbhm!
    Then yes vbmeta flahed on userdata odin ..here once was successful.then another attempt red notice appear only official files can be flashed (vbmeta)....this way.

I remember in my attempt on Skyhawk recovery. Flashed both vbmeta and recovery one sitting in ap for recovery userdata for vbmeta..then press conbination buttons power off volume up volume down all together 😁😁😁. And. Da da .wowo i am in eecovery working fine .
    So my reading on flashing are different methods i get lost . What is the proper one .
    🤔🤔🤔
    Firsh of all, what worked on one install, won't work on another. I depends on what the DEV included in their tar. Some include vbmeta and recovery in their ROM. This one doesn't. You have to start from stock, FACTORY RESET, flash vbmeta, FACTORY RESET, and then flash TWRP.
    And each time connect wifi and enable DEV mode.
    I'm having problems with the wifi, i can't turn it on, it's normal?