In the spirit of moving custom ROM development along for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510], here's a build of LineageOS 16.0 I just created based on the latest OEM firmware and @AndyYan's latest LineageOS 16.0 GSI. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.
- The current process requires you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
- Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the February 2020 Update (T510XXS3ATB4).
- Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510..
- This is built with root support (enabled in Developer Options). To remove (and enable vendor spoofing), just run "/system/bin/phh-securize.sh" with root access.
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Support for file-based encryption
- lineage-16.0-20200422-UNOFFICIAL-T510XXS3ATB4.tar.md5 (Odin tarball)
- lineage-16.0-20200422-UNOFFICIAL-T510XXS3ATB4.zip (TWRP update)
- New private build of LineageOS GSI with April 2020 Security Patch.
- Updated to the OEM T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition.
- Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
- Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
- New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
- New LineageOS GSI build of treble_a64_bvN target with March 2020 Security Update.
- Switched to ext2simg for sparse image conversion to improve Odin compatibility and reduce download size.
- Updated to T510XXS2ASK5 kernel (November 2019 Update)
- MTP file transfers should now work even with USB Debugging disabled.
- Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
- Updated to T510XXS2ASK1 kernel (November 2019 Update)
- Initial release based on lineage-16.0-20191017-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvN
From OEM stock firmware:
- Unlock bootloader
- Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
- Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
- If TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data and reboot to system. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
- Reboot to system