[ROM][SM-T510][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)

Search This thread

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
Been a while since I updated my tablet. Gonna go to ne us stock soon. It's been a while since I've been here so what was the reason again why gsi`s womt run in this device?

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
So I won't need the Samsung firmware kernel to run it?

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

I just tried Andy's lineageos 17.1 of a64 bvn and it actually bootloops at the logo. Is there anyway to logcat that at all?

Rotom128

Feb 29, 2020
I'm having trouble booting into Download mode because of the charging after shutdown issue. I thought I'd try to just open up TWRP and reboot into Download mode from there but TWRP doesn't open (after flashing LineageOS). What do I do to get TWRP working again? Sorry for all the questions tonight.

Edit: TWRP worked from restart but not from shutdown. Guess that's the answer then!

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
New release today, and I'm now building LineageOS GSI myself and so can ensure we get the latest security updates.

Change Log:
20200324:
  • New LineageOS GSI build of treble_a64_bvN target with March 2020 Security Update.
  • Switched to ext2simg for sparse image conversion to improve Odin compatibility and reduce download size.
  • Updated to T510XXS2ASK5 kernel (November 2019 Update)

Chaosghoul

Mar 26, 2020
Berlin
32 or 64 bit + Rev Q

Hi there,
love what you're doing and have 2 little questions. I bought the T510 to play Teamfight Tactics on, but was disappointed as it has a 64bit Processor, but runs 32bit Android-.-

Is this version of Lineage OS you're using here 64bit?
I'm having trouble installing any custom roms on my deivce (got it rooted with Mgisc after hours of trying, jay). After some time I figured out that I'm running a later Kernel and that's why Odin is giving me all sorts of trouble. The only rom I'm able to install is T510XXS3ATB4. Any pointers you can give me to downgrade or smt so I can upgrade to your rom? <- Sorry, not super knowledgeble on this and hope I didn't just spew utter nonsense

Also love your Nexus 9 variant, which one of these two roms should I go for in your opinion? I basically just want the most decluttered/smoothest/lightest OS and am pretty much only going to play TFT on this tablet (which takes quite some juice)

Kind regards
Jakob

Last edited:

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
No, since all the OEM firmware released for this device so far has been ARM32 with 64-bit binder. This makes sense for the 2GB config (since 32-bit has a smaller memory and disk footprint), but we miss out on a few Google apps (like Recorder) that have only been released in 64-bit. If we want to build ARM64 for this device, we'll need to adapt the vendor partition from another Exynos 7904 device like the Galaxy A40.

Also love your Nexus 9 variant, which one of these two roms should I go for in your opinion? I basically just want the most decluttered/smoothest/lightest OS and am pretty much only going to play TFT on this tablet (which takes quite some juice)
My favorite right now is the Nexus Stock for Android Pie, which is based on LineageOS 16.0 (LP) that I now build myself and find at this point is more stable and smooth than custom ROMs built on LineageOS 17.1 (LQ). If you want to further debloat, you can just reboot to TWRP and delete the LineageOS or Google apps you feel you don't need. (Look in /system_root/system/app.)

Last edited:

Chaosghoul

Mar 26, 2020
Berlin
No, since all the OEM firmware released for this device so far has been ARM32 with 64-bit binder. This makes sense for the 2GB config (since 32-bit has a smaller memory and disk footprint), but we miss out on a few Google apps (like Recorder) that have only been released in 64-bit.

The version I have came with 3gb Ram and 64gb internal storage :)

My favorite right now is the Nexus Stock for Android Pie, which is based on LineageOS 16.0 (LQ) that I now build myself and find is more stable and smooth than custom ROMs built on LineageOS 17.1 (LQ) at this point. If you want to further debloat, you can just reboot to TWRP and delete the LineageOS or Google apps you feel you don't need. (Look in /system_root/system/app.)

I'll check that one out then, thanks for the recommendation!
Due to me having that newer version though I haven't been able to install TWRP, any pointer what I could google for in terms of "downgrading" or the like?

Kind regards
Jakob

HandZH

Aug 11, 2015
How to build this Rom?

Hi
I am trying to build rom using the source of your note. Unfortunately, I did not succeed.
How is this Rom built? What is the process to build it?

Thanks!

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
I am trying to build rom using the source of your note. Unfortunately, I did not succeed.
How is this Rom built? What is the process to build it?
There are many other threads on XDA and a whole Wiki on https://wiki.lineageos.org/ that cover building LineageOS. That's not really the topic here. (I also don't appreciate you reporting this as an issue in my TWRP GitHub repo.)

xiaozi

May 21, 2010
I installed android 10 and find out the root does not work with pogo spoofer. I can not flash this back to your 9.0 version. Any advice?

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I installed android 10 and find out the root does not work with pogo spoofer. I can not flash this back to your 9.0 version. Any advice?
You can try flashing a stock version of Android 9 and starting over as if you had just unlocked the bootloader but Samsung may not let you downgrade from 10 to 9. Or you can try upgrading to Android 11.

xiaozi

May 21, 2010
You can try flashing a stock version of Android 9 and starting over as if you had just unlocked the bootloader but Samsung may not let you downgrade from 10 to 9. Or you can try upgrading to Android 11.
Does android 11 support pokemon spoofer? I flash leneage 9.0 and still can not pass safetynet cts profliel.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Does android 11 support pokemon spoofer? I flash leneage 9.0 and still can not pass safetynet cts profliel.
I don't even know what pokeman spoofer is, much less if it is supported in Android 11. But if you can't revert to Android 9, what other choice do you have but to try 11?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

In the spirit of moving custom ROM development along for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510], here's a build of LineageOS 16.0 I just created based on the latest OEM firmware and @AndyYan's latest LineageOS 16.0 GSI. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.

Notes:
    • The current process requires you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the February 2020 Update (T510XXS3ATB4).
    • Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510..
    • This is built with root support (enabled in Developer Options). To remove (and enable vendor spoofing), just run "/system/bin/phh-securize.sh" with root access.
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption

Downloads:

Change Log:
    20200422:
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with April 2020 Security Patch.
    • Updated to the OEM T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition.
    20200405:
    • Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
    • Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
    20200324:
    • New LineageOS GSI build of treble_a64_bvN target with March 2020 Security Update.
    • Switched to ext2simg for sparse image conversion to improve Odin compatibility and reduce download size.
    20200308:
    • MTP file transfers should now work even with USB Debugging disabled.
    • Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
    • Updated to T510XXS2ASK1 kernel (November 2019 Update)
    20191019:

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
    • If TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data and reboot to system. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    From existing TWRP install:
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @AndyYan and @phhusson for Treble GSIs, so please show them some love here and here!
    New release today, and I'm now building LineageOS GSI myself and so can ensure we get the latest security updates.

Change Log:
    20200324:
    Leaving my own donation link here if anyone's feeling like it: https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan

One thing to note: LineageOS includes LiveDisplay and Night Light which affect the tone of the display (I like colder displays), but on this device both features lag the UI horribly, probably due to lack of HW acceleration. In this case, try the build.prop trick here to make things perceptibly smooth.
    No, since all the OEM firmware released for this device so far has been ARM32 with 64-bit binder. This makes sense for the 2GB config (since 32-bit has a smaller memory and disk footprint), but we miss out on a few Google apps (like Recorder) that have only been released in 64-bit. If we want to build ARM64 for this device, we'll need to adapt the vendor partition from another Exynos 7904 device like the Galaxy A40.

My favorite right now is the Nexus Stock for Android Pie, which is based on LineageOS 16.0 (LP) that I now build myself and find at this point is more stable and smooth than custom ROMs built on LineageOS 17.1 (LQ). If you want to further debloat, you can just reboot to TWRP and delete the LineageOS or Google apps you feel you don't need. (Look in /system_root/system/app.)
    Is this ROM still being updated or worked on? Just curious been 2 months and nothing from the OP. Thanks.
    I'll update it with the latest kernel source when I get back from holiday, but I wouldn't expect much because there haven't been any GSI updates from @AndyYan.