In the spirit of moving custom ROM development along for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510], here's a build of LineageOS 17.1 I just created based on the latest OEM stock firmware and @AndyYan's latest LineageOS 17.1 GSI. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even more custom ROMs for this tablet.
- The current process requires you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
- Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the latest Android 10 release (T510XXU4BUA1).
- Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Support for file-based encryption
- lineage-17.1-20210526-UNOFFICIAL-T510XXU4BUA1.tar.md5 (Odin tarball)
- lineage-17.1-20210526-UNOFFICIAL-T510XXU4BUA1.zip (TWRP update)
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20210512) with May 2021 Security Patch.
- Updated to the latest Android 10 OEM kernel and vendor partition (T510XXU4BUA1).
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20201114) with November 2020 Security Patch.
- Updated to the new Android 10 OEM kernel and vendor partition (T510XXU3BTH4).
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200808) with August 2020 Security Patch.
- Updated to the latest Android 10 OEM kernel and vendor partition (T510XXU3BTFN).
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200713) with July 2020 Security Patch.
- Updated to the OEM May 2020 Security Update (T510XXS3ATE3) kernel and vendor partition.
- Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
- Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200413).
- Updated to the OEM T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition.
- Switched to latest stable version of ext2simg command for sparse image conversion.
- Now based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200309).
- Fixed potential image corruption issue from outdated img2simg command.
- Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
- Initial release based on lineage-17.1-20200227-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvN
- MTP file transfers no longer require USB Debugging to be enabled.
From OEM stock firmware:
- Unlock bootloader
- Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
- Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
- If TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data and reboot to system. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap Install, Install Image, select your update (.img file), and then swipe to install
- Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Reboot to system