[ROM]|SM-T520|SM-T900|[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 | Android 10

Search This thread

TechDriver

• Aug 4, 2018
    Podolie
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

Special thanks to Exynos5420 team and LineageOS for all the sources.

Use SM-T900 build at your own risk. I can't guarantee you it will work, because I have no device to test it on.

Work
    Almost everything
    It has pretty much the same functionality as Lineage 14.1

Known Issues
    Built in mic not working
    USB problems
    You tell me...

Installation:
    1. Flash latest official Samsung Firmware with ODIN
    2. Flash latest TWRP Recovery: SM-T520 - SM-T900
    3. Backup all partitions
    4. Wipe Cache and Data
    5. Install ROM.ZIP
    6. Install latest GApps (ARM/Android10) https://opengapps.org/
    7. Reboot and Enjoy
    8. Optional: Install Magisk

For SM-T520 TWRP recoveries 3.1.1.0 and older will not flash this rom ending up with error 7: incompatible device.
    Make sure to flash TWRP mentioned above.

Download:
    SM-T520

SM-T900

I ll probably create builds with updated security and device code patches occasionally.

Enjoy fresh new Android!

Sources:
    https://github.com/LineageOS (LineageOS 17.1)
    https://github.com/exynos5420/ (Kernel, Device, Vendor)

Last edited:

Larision

Aug 11, 2010
    Damn!! Just installed and working.
    Really good work! Thanks!!!!
    i found a bit problem, starting android it loops between voice assistant and set lock for tablet. i needed connect earphones with microphone to finish voice assistant configuration and then it continued.

Thanks for rom!

pjotrski1000

Jan 28, 2014
    OnePlus X
    OnePlus 6
    i found a bit problem, starting android it loops between voice assistant and set lock for tablet. i needed connect earphones with microphone to finish voice assistant configuration and then it continued.

Thanks for rom!
    Did you install on the t520 or the t900? Did you really go back to the Samsung official build first? (I'm on t900 lineage 14.1)

TechDriver

• Aug 4, 2018
    Podolie
    Did you install on the t520 or the t900? Did you really go back to the Samsung official build first? (I'm on t900 lineage 14.1)
    You don't need to go stock, just backup your data using TWRP and follow installation steps above. I am little unsure about build for T900 because I do not own this device, so I wait for someone who can report me if it works or not.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
    Duluth MN
    @TechDriver Clean flashed 17.1 over 14.1 without flashing stock on T900 using twrp-3.5.1_9-0 and it flashed great. I plugged in a headset but my Hey Google was already recorded and didn't give me any trouble. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't plugged in the headset. Play Store does not recognize my already purchased apps. This usually means something is not right and I wonder if not flashing stock first is related to this? Can be very smooth but can be a little glitchy as well. Still experimenting and trying things. Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse work great. Thank you for this.

TechDriver

• Aug 4, 2018
    Podolie
    @TechDriver Clean flashed 17.1 over 14.1 without flashing stock on T900 using twrp-3.5.1_9-0 and it flashed great. I plugged in a headset but my Hey Google was already recorded and didn't give me any trouble. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't plugged in the headset. Play Store does not recognize my already purchased apps. This usually means something is not right and I wonder if not flashing stock first is related to this? Can be very smooth but can be a little glitchy as well. Still experimenting and trying things. Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse work great. Thank you for this.
    It has probably something to do with missing play protect certification. I will try to sign device for certification but need someone with T900 who will cooperate with me. For now easiest way to avoid problem is going to browser version of play store and installing paid app to specific device from there. It should work fine. Also thanks for testing and reporting that T900 build works.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pjotrski1000

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
    Duluth MN
    @TechDriver SELinux is not enforcing. That may be why Google Play does not recognized my purchased apps. Installing purchased apps trick from Google Play on the web worked as expected. Booting tablet, it does not accept passcode on the first try, but works on second try. This is repeatable. I will be happy to be your T900 tester if you make some test builds.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
    Duluth MN
    @TechDriver The pass code works the first time if you are not impatient and click the accept arrow before the last number changes to a dot. There is a delay and the passcode entry is laggy and you have to be patient for a few seconds. twrp-3.5.1_9-0 is able to back up and restore 17.1 with no problem.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
    Duluth MN
    @TechDriver The first login with PIN after booting will fail. The second and future screen saver logins will work with the caveat that you are patient until the last number turns into a dot.

Pixel launcher does not work correctly with mouse clicks and has a focus graphics glitch. It works right as long as you don't click the mouse. If you click with the mouse to open a group of icons in a folder it leaves a residual grey box behind. You can see this same grey box where the PIN numbers appear on the screen saver as well. I changed to Nova Launcher and the problem improved with the grey box occurring if I open the icon folder and actually open an app but then disappearing on moving into a different folder. This is all with the exception of the PIN screen saver which causes the same grey box on both launchers. Something is not quite right with the graphics using mouse.

I mostly use this tablet with keyboard and mouse and Nova is more acceptable now. I prefer Nova Launcher anyway as it is much better at using the whole screen.

The camera is extremely basic. Open Camera seems to be an improvement. Any Google Camera port available that might work?

TechDriver

• Aug 4, 2018
    Podolie
    Just to make things clear, I am not developer of code and not skilled enough to make changes in it. For this job, there is team exynos5420 and other cool contributors to make device sources. I use their device sources from exynos5420 and LineageOS github to build together final product... Rom.zip you install on device. I can't fix bugs, i only can wait until some contributor fixes it and I will build rom with fixes and updated security patches included.

First of all I want to thank you for the this ROM.
    I tried this ROM with the latest TWRP version for two days and I want to inform that it is working good with some small non-conformities:
    I had some random reboots and the system crashed and freezing
    After rebooting there is a long time after entering the unlock pattern, sometimes it is necessary to enter the pattern several times.
    I have installed ROM, gapps nano rebooted and after that install Magisk 22.1
    my model is SM-T900

Reactions: pjotrski1000

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
    Duluth MN
    @TechDriver ,Great work on this build! Never This is fully usable with Nova beta 7.0.27.
    Can you provide a link for this latest Nova beta? APK mirror seems booked.

Nova 7.0.27 Works smoother and scrolling and moving icons is better. PIN screen on first login is same problem and will not work on the first try. Mouse clicks and mouse related screen painting remains an issue. If you don't use a mouse you may not notice any problems other than first login. Come to think about it, 7.1 had issues with the mouse most noticeable when I used Collabora and I had attributed it to the app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I tested this ROM for about 3 days now. Before installation, i wiped complete internal storage and i didn't install google play stuff and did not root the device. So my experience is with a perfectly clean installation. This is what happens:

Pro:
      + pretty fast
      + camera working fine (this was a problem on my previous ROM)

Con:
      - random crashes (to homescreen) in several apps
      - video playback is stuttering in any app and any resolution

=> The Cons are too big for me to use this in everyday. If they were fixed, this would be a great ROM

Edit:
      I just tried to switch back to Lineage 14.1 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-7-1-x-sm-t520-unofficial-lineage-14-1-n2awifi.3538770/) but came across unexpected issues.
      1) On first boot, Lineage 14.1 crashed (several apps were reported to crash, after selecting the language, android crashed aswel) and wasn't able to boot up again.
      2) I reinstalled with an older TWRP version with the same result.
      3) Flashed stock rom with odin (without a problem), flashed TWRP with odin, tried to install Lineage 14.1 but now, TWRP crashes as soon I tried to flash the rom zip. Repairing the file system didn't help.
      4) Now I tried this Lineage 17.1 rom again and it works.

The strange thing: Lineage 14.1 worked before and I didn't see anyone commenting any problems like me. Is there any chance, Lineage 17.1 changed something that prevents me from rolling back to 14.1?
      @kb8no
      Its a shame that you need to go back ( to I assume LOS14) , this ROM was not bad for a first issue. I do hope some developer issues further updates.

I am minimising the browser crashes by letting webpages load as much as possible before (finger) scrolling/swipes.
      Installed fine on my sm-t520 .First I backup all partitions, then I wipe everything installed lineageOS 17.1 I didn't install opengapps felt it might be too heavy so I chose to installed instead Aurora apk from which I got my applications. Set up went well no problems playing videos through VLC player ,browser opening is smooth no problems or crashes ,battery life is better than the latest lineage OS 14.1 -Vanilla -20210413 .Good experience so far still testing.
      @TechDriver,

Just so I have not missed something, please explain what you mean above....

Does it mean, to close any app not being used rather than allow to sleep? or is there more I can do to save RAM ... e.g. other background processes that are not so obvious?

Lack of RAM capacity makes sense, as crashes seem most frequent on websites with heavy content... but please explain anyway?
      Thanks
      If you take a look at developer settings (enable by pressing "build number" several times), you can find the option "limit background processes" (or kinda). There you can select, how many background processes may be active until Android will close the first ones (automatically).

But anyways, even with any app or background process open, these 2gb of RAM will feel like 256mb with Android 10.
      I installed this over Lineage 14.1, full wipe first; and it will not go past the boot screen.

Where can one get the "latest official Samsung Firmware"? I have tried a couple of spots, but they all say 'invalid' or such when attempting to flash.

Tried to reflash back to 14.1 but now that seems to be hanging.

Using the latest TWRP as well.
      I used this one, I think:

Keep in mind that you have to flash this via Odin, not via TWRP! Afterwards, you have to flash TWRP via Odin, again.
      I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
      By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
      Process at your own risk!

Special thanks to Exynos5420 team and LineageOS for all the sources.

Use SM-T900 build at your own risk. I can't guarantee you it will work, because I have no device to test it on.

Work
      Almost everything
      It has pretty much the same functionality as Lineage 14.1

Known Issues
      Built in mic not working
      USB problems
      You tell me...

Installation:
      1. Flash latest official Samsung Firmware with ODIN
      2. Flash latest TWRP Recovery: SM-T520 - SM-T900
      3. Backup all partitions
      4. Wipe Cache and Data
      5. Install ROM.ZIP
      6. Install latest GApps (ARM/Android10) https://opengapps.org/
      7. Reboot and Enjoy
      8. Optional: Install Magisk

For SM-T520 TWRP recoveries 3.1.1.0 and older will not flash this rom ending up with error 7: incompatible device.
      Make sure to flash TWRP mentioned above.

Download:
      SM-T520

SM-T900

I ll probably create builds with updated security and device code patches occasionally.

Enjoy fresh new Android!

Sources:
      https://github.com/LineageOS (LineageOS 17.1)
      https://github.com/exynos5420/ (Kernel, Device, Vendor)
      I am currently working on building lineageos-15.1 and 16.0. I see theese versions as more stable because of more developed code. I had successfully built los 16.0 multiple times but always run into bootloop. Los 15.1 is even more tricky. I run into multiple problems building it but if I will succesfully complete it and it will be stable enough I will give you link to download.
      Just to make things clear, I am not developer of code and not skilled enough to make changes in it. For this job, there is team exynos5420 and other cool contributors to make device sources. I use their device sources from exynos5420 and LineageOS github to build together final product... Rom.zip you install on device. I can't fix bugs, i only can wait until some contributor fixes it and I will build rom with fixes and updated security patches included.

Thanks for rom!