[ROM]|SM-T520|SM-T900|[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 | Android 10

Search This thread
Thank you for your work! Can someone upload the latest bootloader (loli pop?) For SM-T900? im still stock and think i need a newer version.

@esqueue did you save it local?
If still on stock why not update/-grade via Odin to latest stock and then flash TWRP aso?
Could download multiple stock with samfirm_reborn and even think of only flashing BL.

decosse

Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

i did a build for my SM-T520 with the last updates, test on your own risk.

@bacardischmal - Thanks for your efforts!
What am I doing wrong - I have downloaded the zip file and the md5sum file into the same download folder;
it errors on 'digest verification failed'
Using TWRP 3.2.3
Have tried selecting AND deselecting zip signature verification

I went back to the KitKat ROM and started over - it still fails at same step, although the ROM in the opening post installs

Assistance (from anyone!) appreciated!

(p.s. I found the checksum does not match - however even when deselecting signature verification, it fails this step)

Last edited:

decosse

Jan 7, 2018
One problem I'm having is with YouTube TV
If using the App, when selecting a channel, the playback fails (try again etc)
Using the website version in Firefox works to load the video, however it does not in Chrome or Samsung or other browsers I've tried and Firefox tends to crash frequently on this ROM.
It seems to be a DRM issue - Firefox asks if I want to enable, those other media do not.
I'd really like to be able to get the direct App working - thoughts?

Last edited:

Jai Nanda

Feb 13, 2013
Bit late to the game as only just found this. BIG thank you as it's turned two SM-T520 tablets from virtual paper weights to useful tools. :)

enigmo

Oct 19, 2007
Big thanks from me too! Turned a sketchy old T520 stuck on Android 7 and refusing to upgrade apps to something way more slick and useful. Another bit of kit abandoned by Samsung saved from the e-waste bin!

aldamon

Sep 18, 2009
Durham, NC
Amazing on the old SM-T900. Like a new device. Can't believe this launched on 4.4 and now we can run 10. Filthy good.

My recommendation for everyone is to install Magisk. I hate the hard key backlighting and disabling it without Magisk installed doesn't work. I'm sure other stuff needs as well.

I use this device for reading these days but now can use the browser more as well. Seems to be big step up from 7x in performance but maybe just benefit of wipe. Not sure.

Last edited:

divyashakti

Sep 27, 2022
I have an SM-900 and went from some previous rom that I got years ago. I did a clean install to 17.1 but it would get stuck at the lineage OS boot screen. I then clean flashed to 14.1, installed gapps mini for that version then dirty flashed to 17.1 and gapps for this version. That worked.
How does one go about doing a "dirty flash"? I too got the boot loop. so tried the 14.1 and that booted fine.

xEpiiiC

Aug 2, 2016
Hi everyone!
Should I flash the latest TWRP with the SM-T900 or should I flash older version?
Thnx in advanced :)

xEpiiiC

Aug 2, 2016
Hi,
Tried to install several times with the SM-T900.
Always get into infinite boot, that's not a boot loop, just an infinite boot.
using the latest twrp and tried several versions/
any advice?

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
I flashed this and it booted, but it seems I lost root. How do I get root back?

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
Magisk is needed to gain root privileges.
Better to flash it via TWRP than using the app.
Rename it from apk to zip.
Never mind, I got it working. For some reason the tablet wouldn't reliably boot into TWRP but I got it to do that. Flashed the Magisk apk and now it's all good.

Last edited:

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
However, I keep trying to flash GApps but it fails every time, citing insufficient storage space. There are more than 15GB available space, but it won't flash.

EDIT: I'm just dumb. Apparently the stock package is over 30GB.

Last edited:

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
It's a completely different experience compared to the ancient thompatry 14.1 ROM. That ROM made my tablet incredibly hot and ran at 2fps. This one is much more stable. Like someone else said, makes this old tablet feel almost like new. If it got a LineageOS 18 or even 19 build, that'd be amazing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

Special thanks to Exynos5420 team and LineageOS for all the sources.

Use SM-T900 build at your own risk. I can't guarantee you it will work, because I have no device to test it on.

Work
    Almost everything
    It has pretty much the same functionality as Lineage 14.1

Known Issues
    Built in mic not working
    USB problems
    You tell me...

Installation:
    1. Flash latest official Samsung Firmware with ODIN
    2. Flash latest TWRP Recovery: SM-T520 - SM-T900
    3. Backup all partitions
    4. Wipe Cache and Data
    5. Install ROM.ZIP
    6. Install latest GApps (ARM/Android10) https://opengapps.org/
    7. Reboot and Enjoy
    8. Optional: Install Magisk

For SM-T520 TWRP recoveries 3.1.1.0 and older will not flash this rom ending up with error 7: incompatible device.
    Make sure to flash TWRP mentioned above.

Download:
    SM-T520

SM-T900

I ll probably create builds with updated security and device code patches occasionally.

Enjoy fresh new Android!

Sources:
    https://github.com/LineageOS (LineageOS 17.1)
    https://github.com/exynos5420/ (Kernel, Device, Vendor)
    Hi,

i did a build for my SM-T520 with the last updates, test on your own risk.

I am currently working on building lineageos-15.1 and 16.0. I see theese versions as more stable because of more developed code. I had successfully built los 16.0 multiple times but always run into bootloop. Los 15.1 is even more tricky. I run into multiple problems building it but if I will succesfully complete it and it will be stable enough I will give you link to download.
    Just to make things clear, I am not developer of code and not skilled enough to make changes in it. For this job, there is team exynos5420 and other cool contributors to make device sources. I use their device sources from exynos5420 and LineageOS github to build together final product... Rom.zip you install on device. I can't fix bugs, i only can wait until some contributor fixes it and I will build rom with fixes and updated security patches included.
    Damn!! Just installed and working.
    Really good work! Thanks!!!!
    i found a bit problem, starting android it loops between voice assistant and set lock for tablet. i needed connect earphones with microphone to finish voice assistant configuration and then it continued.

Thanks for rom!