• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T580/585][UNOFFICIAL][RR-PIE-v7.0.2][64-Bit] -> 20191108 (DISCONTINUED)

Search This thread

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

RR-P-v7.0.2-20191108-gtaxlwifi-Unofficial.zip (DISCONTINUED)

RR-P-v7.0.2-20191108-gtaxllte-Unofficial.zip (DISCONTINUED)

Known issues:
MP4 recording bug after deep sleep.
Pls use "Footej Camera" to bypass this problem.

Changes:
Moved changelog to post #2 ..
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78740403&postcount=2

Installation:
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Wipe system, cache and dalvik and data (if you are encrypted, pls format data partition !)
3. Install ROM.zip
4. install opengapps (9.0 - arm64)
5. install Magisk.zip
6. Reboot into system

Upgrade:
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Install ROM.zip
3. Wipe cache and dalvik
4. Reboot into system

- Please install Magisk.zip yourself.
- If you face any strange issues, pls do a factory reset via TWRP first.

DOWNLOAD:
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289836
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289838

TWRP:
Official version has been fixed ..
https://dl.twrp.me/gtaxlwifi/
https://dl.twrp.me/gtaxllte/

SOURCES:
https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/gtaxl-rros-lineage-16.0
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

Thanks to @cschsz for some kernel security updates !

Big thanks to @Valera1978 for his ongoing work !

Enjoy .. :p

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Changes:

RR-P-v7.0.2-20191108 - Final build
- Google security updates -> November 2019
- Fix for Vulkan API
- Kernel: Update to latest WireGuard version 20191012

RR-P-v7.0.2-20191016
- Google security updates -> October 2019

RR-P-v7.0.2-20190915
- Google security updates -> September 2019
- Fix front camera crash on record video -> thanks to @Valera1978 !
- Kernel: Various code and security patches.
- Kernel: Updated WireGuard to latest version -> WireGuard-0.0.20190913

RR-P-v7.0.2-20190809
- Google security updates -> August 2019

RR-P-v7.0.2-20190722
- Google security updates -> July 2019
- Removed "NightDisplay" from Display settings menu
- LiveDisplay is back (disabled by default)
- Kernel: enabled ZRAM support (use "kernel adiutor" to configure)

RR-P-v7.0.2-20190615
- Fix for Gestures menu: Settings -> System -> Gestures
- .md5sum files are back -> fixed by RR team

RR-P-v7.0.2-20190604
- Google security updates -> June 2019
- kernel: Upstream to 3.18.140
- kernel: New WiFi driver
- LiveDisplay: disabled by RR team

RR-P-v7.0.2-20190511
- Google security updates -> May 2019
- kernel: Upstream to 3.18.139 (other minor changes)
- Re-enabled Samsung Doze

RR-P-v7.0.1-20190411
- kernel: Wifi driver: switch to own built kernel module
- kernel: disabled KNOX
- Wifi config changes
- Adjusted Overlays (Ambient Display and WifiDisplay)
- Disabled Samsung Doze (fixes Ambient Display)

RR-P-v7.0.1-20190404
- Google security updates -> April 2019
- Merged latest changes from @Valera1978
- New kernel -> 3.18.138 -> CPU/GPU OC .. HMP .. etc.
- adjusted p2p/wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf

RR-P-v7.0.1-20190321
- Merged latest changes from @Valera1978
- New kernel -> 3.18.91 -> Big thanks to @Valera1978 !
- kernel: Added several android binder pachtes from previous Oreo/Pie kernels.
- kernel: Added WIREGUARD support
- kernel: Added exFAT support
- kernel: More kernel security updates -> thanks to @cschsz

RR-P-v7.0.1-20190309
- Google security updates -> March 2019
- Update to RR-P-v7.0.1
- More sepolicy changes -> active neverallows
- hardware/samsung -> merged latest LineageOS changes (audio/bt/voip/calls)

RR-P-v7.0.0-20190225
- Set Vendor security patch level
- Adjusted sepolicies due to activated neverallows by RR-Team
- kernel: Added several android binder pachtes from previous Oreo/Pie kernels.
- kernel: Added some graphics patches from previous Oreo/Pie kernels.
- kernel: Added WIREGUARD support
- kernel: More kernel security updates -> thanks to @cschsz

RR-P-v7.0.0-20190209
- Bug fix release: RR-Team did fix Power/Reboot menu in landscape mode

RR-P-v7.0.0-20190207
- Google security updates -> February 2019
- More kernel security updates -> thanks to @cschsz

RR-P-v7.0.0-20190123
- initial release

Last edited:

bc1977

Dec 22, 2010
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Hi @followmsi,

Thanks again for your dedicated work(s :)) on our tablet.
One question:
Is cam recording via Skype (or other apps) working on both sides (back and front)?
Or only on one side (front(face)) like other PIE releases?

Thanks for your reply.

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
RR team did finally publish the sources .. RR 7.0 is live !

Tested the SM-T580 build as dirty install on top of Lineage-16.0 (64-bit) - no problems at all.
Magisk 18.0 works fine too.

Enjoy Resurrection Remix :p

awesome,

just tested with T585 very briefly. It installed ok, the system ui crashed during first boot, but after a reboot everything went fine.

Tested the cameras with open camera app and camera2 api enabled - both cameras take photos and can record videos. Flash working ok. Didn't test with skype or other apps.
The photo camera app (I think google camera from gapps, maybe, or the default camera app - I'm not sure) keeps crashing sometimes, even without opening it manually, but that happened on other pie roms aswell.

Using the GPS was freezing the tablet at first (as usual with pie for me). But after awhile started to work ok and got a fix on gps test app.

The only thing I'm worried about now is how the charging will behave. On other pie roms (and I think probably on some oreo roms) it kept stopping at around 80% for me (when using a low power charger, but I think I tried with the original charger a few times and results were the same. It will take some time to test this using different chargers (keeping my fingers crossed, that it would be enough to charge once with the low power charger and confirm that it charges to 100% at first try. But if not - another few charging cycles will be needed). Will post about any results regarding charging.

Also I have a question - does this rom include the kernel that has CIFS support, or should we install it separately (didn't find the time to test this yet, sorry..)

Anyway - good job, seems like a great start with RR pie for our tablets.

Reactions: okij and followmsi

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Hi @followmsi,

Thanks again for your dedicated work(s :)) on our tablet.
One question:
Is cam recording via Skype (or other apps) working on both sides (back and front)?
Or only on one side (front(face)) like other PIE releases?

Thanks for your reply.

Same sources .. looks like the same "problem" .. maybe we need to adjust config only.
Video recording works on both front and back camera in builtin snap camera.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
awesome,

just tested with T585 very briefly. It installed ok, the system ui crashed during first boot, but after a reboot everything went fine.

Tested the cameras with open camera app and camera2 api enabled - both cameras take photos and can record videos. Flash working ok. Didn't test with skype or other apps.
The photo camera app (I think google camera from gapps, maybe, or the default camera app - I'm not sure) keeps crashing sometimes, even without opening it manually, but that happened on other pie roms aswell.

Using the GPS was freezing the tablet at first (as usual with pie for me). But after awhile started to work ok and got a fix on gps test app.

The only thing I'm worried about now is how the charging will behave. On other pie roms (and I think probably on some oreo roms) it kept stopping at around 80% for me (when using a low power charger, but I think I tried with the original charger a few times and results were the same. It will take some time to test this using different chargers (keeping my fingers crossed, that it would be enough to charge once with the low power charger and confirm that it charges to 100% at first try. But if not - another few charging cycles will be needed). Will post about any results regarding charging.

Also I have a question - does this rom include the kernel that has CIFS support, or should we install it separately (didn't find the time to test this yet, sorry..)

Anyway - good job, seems like a great start with RR pie for our tablets.

GPS is your very special problem :)

As said above .. builtin Snap camera works too - without issues. ( video and photo on both cams )

I dont not have any charging issues .. always 100% !
Same kernel for all (my) ROMs.

Yes - CIFS, NFS and ExFAT are part of all (my) Pie Roms. ( AICP too )
It's fix in the kernel sources and will be included into each new ROM automatically .. forever :)

Cheers

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

As said above .. builtin Snap camera works too - without issues. ( video and photo on both cams )

I dont not have any charging issues .. always 100% !
Same kernel for all (my) ROMs.

Yes - CIFS, NFS and ExFAT are part of all (my) Pie Roms. ( AICP too )
It's fix in the kernel sources and will be included into each new ROM automatically .. forever :)

Cheers

Thanks for your continued work :good:

Did you by any chance add sysserv so Substratum can work properly or are you waiting for them to fully fix it first?

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014

Cheers

It sure is.. Ever since the first custom rom I installed on the tablet - RR nougat. Though I believe it will start functioning flawless at some point :)

Though I thought the gps freezes are a one time thing after installing/restoring a pie rom, but it started freezing again when trying to use location again after a few hours when it was turned off. But I'll keep testing of course and maybe even resort to installing a stock rom through odin if I am convinced that it is different to restoring the custom rom with twrp (gps works fine this way on stock).

Also, I couldn't get the cifs mount to work, using the same command with busybox as in nougat, but will continue to do my research on this. Maybe I'm missing something and the process is somehow different on pie.

One other thing, which is probably not device specific - is there hope for upper lockscreen shortcuts to be enabled on RR pie? I didn't see them in the RR settings, but maybe this feature is not included yet on pie. Were the upper lockscreen shortcuts (like the music and camera in the attached screenshot) included in RR oreo?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190123-180856.jpg
    Screenshot_20190123-180856.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,337
Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
It sure is.. Ever since the first custom rom I installed on the tablet - RR nougat. Though I believe it will start functioning flawless at some point :)

Though I thought the gps freezes are a one time thing after installing/restoring a pie rom, but it started freezing again when trying to use location again after a few hours when it was turned off. But I'll keep testing of course and maybe even resort to installing a stock rom through odin if I am convinced that it is different to restoring the custom rom with twrp (gps works fine this way on stock).

Also, I couldn't get the cifs mount to work, using the same command with busybox as in nougat, but will continue to do my research on this. Maybe I'm missing something and the process is somehow different on pie.

One other thing, which is probably not device specific - is there hope for upper lockscreen shortcuts to be enabled on RR pie? I didn't see them in the RR settings, but maybe this feature is not included yet on pie. Were the upper lockscreen shortcuts (like the music and camera in the attached screenshot) included in RR oreo?
No idea about (missing) feature in Pie.
Pls check general RR website for more details on features/settings.

Cheers

Reactions: HJZEE

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
No idea about current substratum situation on pie.

For the moment no time for experiements :)

ATM Subs only works on rooted Pie and you have to reboot after building overlays and before you can apply them. :eek:

Thanks for your reply ... I'll definitely keep an eye on the whole Pie situation and will flash your RR as soon as the Subs team sorts and RR implements it :fingers-crossed: :)

Reactions: followmsi

HJZEE

Feb 4, 2018
Installed this rom yesterday everything works fine. Stock camera works fine ? on both front and back. Also tested on whatsapp video call not on Skype since I dont use it. Plus guys tell me what do you mean by gps hanging up I only use it for maps, Google Earth and street view works fine no error. ? charges to full and great battery life no issues detected yet. Great rom thanks.

Reactions: followmsi

forchita

Jun 25, 2017
I installed this rom on my SM t585 yesterday.
Everything works except vibration. I tried installing LineageOS 16 before and I had the same problem. Vibration works perfectly when I boot into TWRP.
I installed after wiping all partitions of course. Does anyone have the same problem?

HJZEE

Feb 4, 2018
I installed this rom on my SM t585 yesterday.
Everything works except vibration. I tried installing LineageOS 16 before and I had the same problem. Vibration works perfectly when I boot into TWRP.
I installed after wiping all partitions of course. Does anyone have the same problem?

Yup Same here I was wondering why tablet doesn't vibrate during call or when I enabled vibration in keyboard. Not a major issue for me but still would be nice if it is fixed.?

forchita

Jun 25, 2017
Yup Same here I was wondering why tablet doesn't vibrate during call or when I enabled vibration in keyboard. Not a major issue for me but still would be nice if it is fixed.?
So happy to know that I am not alone. For me it is really disturbing to type without feedback. I hope it will be fixed soon

Top Liked Posts