• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T580][SM-T585][OFFICIAL][Bliss-12.11][GApps][64-Bit]

Do you use Gapps?

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Just because YOU have issues with the rom doesn't mean it's a "trash software" - who knows what you did or installed that interfers. I've been running Bliss on my T585 pretty much since @srgrusso first built it and I have ZERO issues with it. I never had a problem with the screen and I can't say it's laggy either ... of course my OP7 is faster but that's a whole different range of hardware.

Even if you have issues that's no reason to call it "trash" :rolleyes:
There's no need for this type of irrational response with an aggressive tone for something relatively insignificant. Although @Deathless93 made short remarks from experiences that are disrepectful, your response is still not justifiable.

You can't say that it's perfect and issue-free. There are, for example, issues when there is no screen lock set, and those were never fixed. Did you completely forget about such issues? Moreover, I've now got many issues fixed, such as the issue where the duration of recorded videos is lengthened by the exact time spent in deep sleep, and those fixes are included in my LineageOS builds and followmsi's crdroid builds, either of which happen to be installable on the LTE variant, and made other quality of life improvements. The kernel has also had many changes, including stability improvements. Now that no one is likely ever going to work on bliss anymore for this tablet, the last builds will remain, and it will stay in the exact same state forever, with the exact same issues.

This is not to discredit anyone, or something - It's how it is. As it's all community-provided software, and the fact that there are bugs is made obvious, we have to adjust expectations accordingly. It's simply wrong to pretend that it's absolutely perfect. I'm not going to start pretending that my LineageOS builds are perfect and entirely without issues - They're not. In a very good state? Sure. But perfect? No.

Just because you didn't get an issue where it won't wake up/the display is black for some reason/the display stops working randomly doesn't mean others won't. Like I said in my reply before yours, @Deathless93's tablet may have gotten a hardware-related issue that most people may not ever come across with their specific tablets.

Also, remember when I called the TWRP app "garbage" in a post I made over in the TWRP thread, and you agreed? Yeah, that's the same type of thing.

Finally, speaking for everyone is not the way to go. Don't let things get to your head like that.

Last edited:

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
There's no need for this type of irrational response with an aggressive tone for something so ridiculously insignificant. @Deathless93 simply made short remarks from experiences.

You can't say that it's perfect and issue-free. There are, for example, issues when there is no screen lock set, and those were never fixed. Did you completely forget about such issues? Moreover, I've now got many issues fixed, such as the issue where the duration of recorded videos is lengthened by the exact time spent in deep sleep, and those fixes are included in my LineageOS builds and followmsi's crdroid builds, either of which happen to be installable on the LTE variant, and made other quality of life improvements. The kernel has also had many changes, including stability improvements. Now that no one is likely ever going to work on bliss anymore for this tablet, the last builds will remain, and it will stay in the exact same state forever, with the exact same issues.

This is not to discredit anyone, or something - It's how it is. As it's all community-provided software, and the fact that there are bugs is made obvious, we have to adjust expectations accordingly. It's simply wrong to pretend that it's absolutely perfect. I'm not going to start pretending that my LineageOS builds are perfect and entirely without issues - They're not. In a very good state? Sure. But perfect? No.

Just because you didn't get an issue where it won't wake up/the display is black for some reason/the display stops working randomly doesn't mean others won't. Like I said in my reply before yours, @Deathless93's tablet may have gotten a hardware-related issue that most people may not ever come across with their specific tablets.

Also, remember when I called the TWRP app "garbage" in a post I made over in the TWRP thread, and you agreed? Yeah, that's the same type of thing.

Finally, speaking for everyone is not the way to go. Don't let things get to your head like that.

When someone doesn't provide logs or other useful details and simply calls a rom "trash software" because he happens to have an issue then it shouldn't surprise him (or you) if he gets a response in a "tone" he doesn't like. There's a whole different way to PROPERLY report bugs but that's not what he did.

Of course I remember the screen lock bug - but that's well documented in this thread and has nothing to do with his issue. Neither do the LOS orf CRDroid builds btw - last I checked it wasn't recommended to install them on T585 anyway since then LTE wouldn't work. They're now on A11 too, so no comparison at all.

Reactions: Kuntitled

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
When someone doesn't provide logs or other useful details and simply calls a rom "trash software" because he happens to have an issue then it shouldn't surprise him (or you) if he gets a response in a "tone" he doesn't like. There's a whole different way to PROPERLY report bugs but that's not what he did.

Of course I remember the screen lock bug - but that's well documented in this thread and has nothing to do with his issue. Neither do the LOS orf CRDroid builds btw - last I checked it wasn't recommended to install them on T585 anyway since then LTE wouldn't work. They're now on A11 too, so no comparison at all.
Regardless of anything, such an irrational response was unwarranted. Yes, calling it "trash software" straight away like that is harsh, and again disrespectful, but that's about it. Again, no need for such an awful response - It doesn't make anything better and isn't helpful.

I said everything I said as an outsider from my own perspective looking at your post. It's nothing about what @Deathless93 likes or doesn't like, and this isn't really about his post, but rather your reply to it. Also, why tone in quotation marks?

Most people don't think of giving logs, or know about giving logs, and that's nothing new. Oftentimes, to have any possibility of getting logs, you request them. If you've frequented this forum site for any long period of time, you'd know that this is the usual. Logs are often useless for debugging performance issues, anyway. Useful details? Sure, I'll give you that.

I know that bug is well documented, but it's nothing to disregard, and through your response you appear to pretend it's perfect and bugless. It's not. Far from it. I'm also not talking specifically about his issues - I'm talking generally about your own specific response proclaiming that it's absolutely perfect for you, and has ZERO issues.

The builds for the WiFi-only variant are not "not recommended" to be installed on the LTE variant. You can install them if you can go without mobile networking, GPS and vibration, and that's that. "Not recommended" is bad wording - You'd just lose functionality that you may or may not be able to go without.

Yes, I know we've moved onto Android 11, but it's still comparable because bugs that exist in the last bliss builds, and also my older LineageOS builds, have been fixed. Also, my LineageOS 17.1 builds exist, in which all of the same bugs have been fixed.

Last edited:

Kostareka

May 25, 2020
The rom is excellent, but there are two problems, one that I noticed in all Android 10 build for t585, the applications are not running in the background after a while When I open it, it returns to the start page and also WhatsApp messages do not arrive except when I open the application, and also when I activate the flight mode and the mobile network indicator does not rise

octibv

Mar 27, 2011
I have T585 Galaxy Tab A LTE and I have serious performance issues with this rom, very laggy and super slow. Anyone else experienced this? Fresh install, full wipe, wiped dalvik/cache, restarted a few times. I really like the rom and I would like to keep it but it's super slow.

Headley

Apr 9, 2015
OnePlus 3

I have T585 Galaxy Tab A LTE and I have serious performance issues with this rom, very laggy and super slow. Anyone else experienced this? Fresh install, full wipe, wiped dalvik/cache, restarted a few times. I really like the rom and I would like to keep it but it's super slow.
Yes. It's really slow. Perhaps Android 10 is too heavy for this old tablet. 🙄

seamo123

Jun 8, 2012
That has been the plan since the issue was first discovered, but none of the fixes/solutions so far actually worked.

I don't usually have any lockscreen security on my tablet either, but it simply can't be helped now - and Swipe isn't all THAT bad :)
I take back anything negative I might've said about this ROM - been using it for months now and it's effing great 😁👍👍

Reactions: Nimueh

wafi_naseem

Jul 28, 2018
just flashed this on my SM-T585 and i really like the ROM but for some reason my tablet keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi network and i cant use internet properly. i had the same problem with other stock android roms that i have tried on my device.

has anyone else experieced this? if anyone knows a fix to this pls help out.

cpedregal

Feb 14, 2021
Is it true that a new version appeared in Android 11 it disappeared after a short time? Any way to rescue it to test?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qtDlAth.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
    BlissRoms based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

A7JONTD.png

Code:
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=4][U][URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms"]BlissRoms Sources[/URL][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=4][U][URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices"]BlissRoms Device Sources[/URL][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
    SM-T580
    SM-T585

YlIC2kZ.png

Already included in the Rom

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Code:
    [B]Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.  Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device.  The links are labeled clearly.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Make sure you are rooted[/B]
    [*][B]Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)[/B]
    [*][B]Download the latest Bliss Rom build[/B]
    [*][B]Boot into recovery[/B]
    [*][B]Backup your current ROM[/B]
    [*][B]Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution[/B]
    [*][B]Flash Bliss Rom[/B]
    [*][B]Reboot recovery[/B]
    [*][B] *Flash magisk* optional[/B]
    [*][B]First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.[/B]
    [/LIST][/CENTER]

aWICthQ.png

Code:
    [B]If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us.  It will save you and our team quite some time.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Download the [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Catlog[/U][/COLOR][/URL] app from the Play Store.[/B]
    [*][B]There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.[/B]
    [*][B]After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.[/B]
    [*][B]Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.[/B]
    [*][B]As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.[/B]
    [*][B]Copy and paste the entire log either to [URL="http://hastebin.com"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Hastebin[/U][/COLOR][/URL] or [URL="http://pastebin.com"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Pastebin[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
    [*][B]Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.[/B]
    [/LIST]

myCEQmI.png

Code:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]
    @Jackeagle 
    @electrikjesus
    @Rohan purohit
    @rwaterspf1 
    @Makaveli_da_dev 
    @ElfinJNoty 
    @BitOBSessiOn 
    @customworx
    @nilac 
    @sixohtew 
    @aclegg2011 
    @Roger.T 
    @T.M.Wrath 
    @kanttii 
    @rev3nt3ch 
    @techfreak243 
    @SuperDroidBond 
    @USA_RedDragon 
    @bcrichster
    @deadmanxXD 
    @krittin98 
    @BlackScorpion 
    @techexhibeo 
    @droidbot 
    @siphonay 
    @pacer456 
    @nitin1438 
    @theGeekyLad 
    @kunalshah912
    @lordarcadius
    @AryanAA
    [/B]
    [/COLOR]
    A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Special Thanks
    I would like to give a huge thanks to @followmsi for all his hard work and help.
    I would also like to give thanks to @Valera1978 for all his hard work in the development of this device.
    I would also like to thank @TALUAtXDA for his recent work on the kernel sources.
    I would also like to thank @Nimueh and @BADA 187 for all their support and encouragement.

About BlissROMs

Team membership consist of and provides:
    Training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers when available, download servers, design & development software, as well as a stress free team oriented community of professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development. To join our team, please visit either of our websites, and find the Join Team Bliss link.

If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link

WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)

2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
    We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
    Please do not ask for ETA's
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Code:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B][U][SIZE=5][URL="https://blissroms.com"]Website[/URL][/SIZE][/U][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B][U][SIZE=5]Official Platform Links[/SIZE][/U][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/BlissFamilyOfROMs"]BlissRoms Facebook[/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs"]BlissRoms Twitter[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.instagram.com/blissroms"]BlissRoms Instagram[/URL]
    [URL="https://t.me/Team_Bliss_Community"]BlissRoms Telegram[/URL]

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful
    New builds
    There has been a major change in my Bliss builds. They now come preloaded with GApps. This means that you need to do a clean install with this build. I also did one last build without GApps. There will be no official support for the gappless build.
    Note: The first boot takes a while. Please be patient.

Official builds with GApps
    SM-T580 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...12.6-gtaxlwifi-OFFICIAL-20200426.zip/download
    SM-T585 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...v12.6-gtaxllte-OFFICIAL-20200426.zip/download

Unofficial builds without GApps
    SM-T580 https://sourceforge.net/projects/sr....6-gtaxlwifi-UNOFFICIAL-20200425.zip/download
    SM-T585 https://sourceforge.net/projects/sr...2.6-gtaxllte-UNOFFICIAL-20200425.zip/download
    Ok everybody, pull yourselves together.:)
    Here are the new fixed builds.

SM-T580 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...12.6-gtaxlwifi-OFFICIAL-20200408.zip/download
    SM-T585 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...v12.6-gtaxllte-OFFICIAL-20200408.zip/download

I couldn't generate a changelog so you'll have to except this.
    Changelog: v12.6
    * April patch
    * Face unlock
    * Internal audio recording fix
    * Gradient picker
    and google assistant works without force rebooting (man didn't know if you folks were going to let me survive this :D)