Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

rosco_pc

Dec 6, 2010
I just (finally) flashed Bliss yesterday on my TM-580 ( bliss 12.5 20200315 version) with nano gapps (20200311) and magisk 20.3. I'm one of the RR-TEN refugees. Everything I tried sofar is working and I'm happy with the ROM, but I do have one issue:
my SD Card is causing a restart after the card has been checked and is being mounted. The card in question is a 200GB Sandisk, used as external storage, formatted in the PC as EXFAT and contains mainly books and music. I would like to get some guidance on how I can debug this and provide more information (I assume the restart overwrites catlog?) Note that this card was working happily under RR-TEN and can still be read and written to on the PC.

And I have a feature request as well: as with RR-TEN it will take a long time to check the card before it is mounted (it's a 200GB card, so I don't expect it to be fast). However when booting the tablet will be kept in 'tablet starting' state until the card is mounted. Under older versions of android (e.g. android 9 in the form of RR-PIE) the card check would be performed in the background allowing the tablet to be used before the card was mounted. Is it possible to get this background check implemented ? (RR-TEN had the same while booting, so it might be android 10 related?). MY workaround is to just remove the card while booting.

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Got update notification, downloaded, clicked install, nothing, says install error. Long press and exported download, nothing, file deleted, available to download again, file not on device.

chris333333

Aug 8, 2015
Thanks for the rom, I use nova launcher and it's a bit laggy, is there any way to speed it up with a faster kernel or something else?

Anyone else still have charging issue?

I've gone through some iterations of reinstall, clean install, etc., and charging is still bizarre.

Same story every time- changing cables and chargers after installs, several permutations. Charge rate starts out low, like 500mAh, then quickly steps down progressively to say, 430, 380, 200, and ends at about 90- it reminds me of a slowing charging curve as the battery goes from 99 to 100% -yet the battery is half full.

Love the Rom, I'd like to keep it. Anyone have a clue for me? I'm on the 3/15 version.

Cheers,

Steve

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I've gone through some iterations of reinstall, clean install, etc., and charging is still bizarre.

Same story every time- changing cables and chargers after installs, several permutations. Charge rate starts out low, like 500mAh, then quickly steps down progressively to say, 430, 380, 200, and ends at about 90- it reminds me of a slowing charging curve as the battery goes from 99 to 100% -yet the battery is half full.

Love the Rom, I'd like to keep it. Anyone have a clue for me? I'm on the 3/15 version.

Cheers,

Steve
The problem is that "smart" chargers can be dumb. I use the app Ampere to check the charge rate and find there can be quite a difference from one charger to the next. This may seem really odd but it happens. Plug in the charger and ampere shows a very low charge rate. Unplug the cable from the tablet and plug it back in and now the charge rate is normal. It would seem that "what we have here, is a failure to communicate". (For those too young to recognize it, that is a line from the movie Cool Hand Luke.)

Last edited:
The problem is that "smart" chargers can be dumb. I use the app Ampere to check the charge rate and find there can be quite a difference from one charger to the next. This may seem really odd but it happens. Plug in the charger and ampere shows a very low charge rate. Unplug the cable from the tablet and plug it back in and now the charge rate is normal. It would seem that "what we have here, is a failure to communicate". (For those too young to recognize it, that is a line from the movie Cool Hand Luke.)

Thanks, @lewmur!

Indeed it was ampere telling me that. I tried it on 4 different chargers, so I'll try the unplug/replug stuff a while. I THINK I did that a few times, but retesting would be great.

Like any night I could imagine with "Lucille.... Luuuuuciiiiiile......" :highfive::highfive:

Cheers,

StevenRN

stuie1952

What an absolutely fantastic ROM for my Samsung tablet. It is beyond any hopes I had.

Congratulations to the Devs and the whole team. Others can only aspire to what you have already achieved.

I have observed a regular clicking sound that occurs from time to time when the tablet is idle. Nothing to get fussed about. Just a small anomaly.

I look forward to using this ROM for a long time!

mattwaddy

Jan 26, 2005
UK
mattwaddy.com
What an absolutely fantastic ROM for my Samsung tablet. It is beyond any hopes I had.

Congratulations to the Devs and the whole team. Others can only aspire to what you have already achieved.

I have observed a regular clicking sound that occurs from time to time when the tablet is idle. Nothing to get fussed about. Just a small anomaly.

I'm 90% sure this was tied to google apps causing it not the rom

Reactions: stuie1952

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017

Thanks! I recommend using the pico version of gapps . Flash the rom again and the pico version of OpenGapps.

I'm 90% sure this was tied to google apps causing it not the rom
Yea that is what we suspect causes the issue.

Last edited:

Neomer

Jun 22, 2009

I've had this clicking sound as well. Have been quite annoying and its not always happening.
Switching launcher from Lawnchair to Pixel launcher solved it on my T585.

BarnOwl

Jan 21, 2003
The Netherlands
www.parketvloeren.nl
Well, after trying a few other roms from this forum I tried Bliss and it really puts energie in my forgotten old Samsung Tab again, so thanks for that! :)

Is there anyone out there that can point me to the setting to have the startup menu with extended sub menu's? I miss the shortcut to TWRP for example........

Reactions: srgrusso

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017
Well, after trying a few other roms from this forum I tried Bliss and it really puts energie in my forgotten old Samsung Tab again, so thanks for that! :)

Is there anyone out there that can point me to the setting to have the startup menu with extended sub menu's? I miss the shortcut to TWRP for example........
Thanks! Blissify>Buttons>PowerMenu if it's already enabled re enable it. Going off my memory.

Reactions: BarnOwl

Scheitan

Mar 28, 2019
I watched github, recently added slim, for the first time on Q, a little off topic, but what about build msm xtended for our device?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

msm q should work well on our tree)

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

+ I would like orangefox recovery for our device, is this possible?

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017
I watched github, recently added slim, for the first time on Q, a little off topic, but what about build msm xtended for our device?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

msm q should work well on our tree)

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

+ I would like orangefox recovery for our device, is this possible?

I have built and tested quite a few Q based roms for our devices and MSMXtended is one of them. Maintaining this takes up most of my free time as it is. I may consider unofficially maintaining another rom but I don't want to post another one just to neglect it due to lack of time. Our devices lack the support for a large ramdisk image required for Orange Fox Recovery. I have built and used Pitch Black Recovery on 6.0 sources and a Go version of Pitch Black Recovery on 9.0 sources but can't get the installation script to work or a log explaining why. I plan to revisit this and if I can work out a few bugs I will post it. But like I said time is the main issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: twfs and Nimueh

Jaaxx

Dec 30, 2015
I have two problems remaining with this ROM.
#1 - Background Blur does not work in the app drawer, I only get a black background and no transparency. If I disable blur in Lawnchair settings, then I can at least get a a transparent background. No biggie.
#2 - Sometimes, after some hours or days after a clean install, screen rotation gets locked in portrait mode. When this happens I cannot use my old workaround which was to reboot while holding the tab in landscape orientation.

Both of these issues are resolved by installing and using Lawnchair 2 from the playstore. Is there a way to replace the system app version of Lawnchair with the official release, I can't seem to figure out a way to do so without keeping and disabling the system version? With the play store version I have zero issues as of the latest release. Headphones are working again, clicking is gone and no touchscreen issues on wake so far.

BarnOwl

Jan 21, 2003
The Netherlands
www.parketvloeren.nl
Both of these issues are resolved by installing and using Lawnchair 2 from the playstore. Is there a way to replace the system app version of Lawnchair with the official release, I can't seem to figure out a way to do so without keeping and disabling the system version? With the play store version I have zero issues as of the latest release. Headphones are working again, clicking is gone and no touchscreen issues on wake so far.

After installing lawnchair 2 there are two copy's on the system but I agree with the point that lawnchair (system version) is not de-installed in the normal way?

BarnOwl

Jan 21, 2003
The Netherlands
www.parketvloeren.nl

I used root explorer th get rid of the system version of lawnchair:

Download any root browser.
Open it.
Goto System > Apps.
Locate the app, delete the folder and reboot.
If it is not in apps folder, check the priv-app folder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qtDlAth.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
    BlissRoms based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

A7JONTD.png

Code:
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=4][U][URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms"]BlissRoms Sources[/URL]

[URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices"]BlissRoms Device Sources[/URL][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
    SM-T580
    SM-T585

YlIC2kZ.png

Already included in the Rom

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Code:
    [B]Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.  Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device.  The links are labeled clearly.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Make sure you are rooted[/B]
    [*][B]Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)[/B]
    [*][B]Download the latest Bliss Rom build[/B]
    [*][B]Boot into recovery[/B]
    [*][B]Backup your current ROM[/B]
    [*][B]Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution[/B]
    [*][B]Flash Bliss Rom[/B]
    [*][B]Reboot recovery[/B]
    [*][B] *Flash magisk* optional[/B]
    [*][B]First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.[/B]
    [/LIST][/CENTER]

aWICthQ.png

Code:
    [B]If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us.  It will save you and our team quite some time.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Download the [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Catlog[/U][/COLOR][/URL] app from the Play Store.[/B]
    [*][B]There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.[/B]
    [*][B]After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.[/B]
    [*][B]Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.[/B]
    [*][B]As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.[/B]
    [*][B]Copy and paste the entire log either to [URL="http://hastebin.com"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Hastebin[/U][/COLOR][/URL] or [URL="http://pastebin.com"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Pastebin[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
    [*][B]Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.[/B]
    [/LIST]

myCEQmI.png

Code:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]
    @Jackeagle
    @electrikjesus
    @Rohan purohit
    @rwaterspf1
    @Makaveli_da_dev
    @ElfinJNoty
    @BitOBSessiOn
    @customworx
    @nilac
    @sixohtew
    @aclegg2011
    @Roger.T
    @T.M.Wrath
    @kanttii
    @rev3nt3ch
    @techfreak243
    @SuperDroidBond
    @USA_RedDragon
    @bcrichster
    @deadmanxXD
    @krittin98
    @BlackScorpion
    @techexhibeo
    @droidbot
    @siphonay
    @pacer456
    @nitin1438
    @theGeekyLad
    @kunalshah912
    @lordarcadius
    @AryanAA
    [/B]
    [/COLOR]
    A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Special Thanks
    I would like to give a huge thanks to @followmsi for all his hard work and help.
    I would also like to give thanks to @Valera1978 for all his hard work in the development of this device.
    I would also like to thank @TALUAtXDA for his recent work on the kernel sources.
    I would also like to thank @Nimueh and @BADA 187 for all their support and encouragement.

About BlissROMs

Team membership consist of and provides:
    Training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers when available, download servers, design & development software, as well as a stress free team oriented community of professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development. To join our team, please visit either of our websites, and find the Join Team Bliss link.

If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link

WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)

2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.

We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.

Please do not ask for ETA's

We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.

Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.

wwdX3pH.png

Code:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B][U][SIZE=5][URL="https://blissroms.com"]Website[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Official Platform Links[/SIZE][/U][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/BlissFamilyOfROMs"]BlissRoms Facebook[/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs"]BlissRoms Twitter[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.instagram.com/blissroms"]BlissRoms Instagram[/URL]
    [URL="https://t.me/Team_Bliss_Community"]BlissRoms Telegram[/URL]

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful
    New builds
    There has been a major change in my Bliss builds. They now come preloaded with GApps. This means that you need to do a clean install with this build. I also did one last build without GApps. There will be no official support for the gappless build.
    Note: The first boot takes a while. Please be patient.

Official builds with GApps
    SM-T580 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...12.6-gtaxlwifi-OFFICIAL-20200426.zip/download
    SM-T585 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...v12.6-gtaxllte-OFFICIAL-20200426.zip/download

Unofficial builds without GApps
    SM-T580 https://sourceforge.net/projects/sr....6-gtaxlwifi-UNOFFICIAL-20200425.zip/download
    SM-T585 https://sourceforge.net/projects/sr...2.6-gtaxllte-UNOFFICIAL-20200425.zip/download
    Ok everybody, pull yourselves together.:)
    Here are the new fixed builds.

SM-T580 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...12.6-gtaxlwifi-OFFICIAL-20200408.zip/download
    SM-T585 https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...v12.6-gtaxllte-OFFICIAL-20200408.zip/download

I couldn't generate a changelog so you'll have to except this.
    Changelog: v12.6
    * April patch
    * Face unlock
    * Internal audio recording fix
    * Gradient picker
    and google assistant works without force rebooting (man didn't know if you folks were going to let me survive this :D)