• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T580][SM-T585][UNOFFICIAL][AICP-14][64-Bit]

Search This thread

Lonnie Reeder

Nov 15, 2014
Suffolk,Virginia

Ok, Just a quick sanity check here... I have been studying for a huge exam and I don't want to mess anything up, and on top of it, I am on medications that as a side effect can mess short term memory. So for a dirty flash the order is:

+ Boot to TWRP
+ Backup if so desire
+ Apply above build
+ Apply updated GAPPS
+ Apply Magisk
+ Clear Cache
+ Reboot

I know it might a dumb question but thanks in advance for your help.

Casper Young

Dec 16, 2011
Jackson, California
A durty flash is when you do not wipe the Data, Cache and the Davlik. You're not wiping the Cache which is from every application on the system, even those that run things like your UI and the options menus, generates cache files. These cache files are more or less unique to the current installation of Android you are using, and are generated dynamically. These cache files help Android load and run faster. When changing ROMs or updating to a new version of a ROM, you should always wipe the cache partition, or you're gonna have force closes, boot loops and slow performance.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Ok, Just a quick sanity check here... I have been studying for a huge exam and I don't want to mess anything up, and on top of it, I am on medications that as a side effect can mess short term memory. So for a dirty flash the order is:

+ Boot to TWRP
+ Backup if so desire
+ Apply above build
+ Apply updated GAPPS
+ Apply Magisk
+ Clear Cache
+ Reboot

I know it might a dumb question but thanks in advance for your help.

Wayyyy too much for a dirty flash lol.

Nandroid if you want
Flash new build
Wipe Dalvik/cache
reboot

I haven't tried AICP but with all other roms gapps + Magisk don't have to get flashed again, they remain in place :good::)

Reactions: Lonnie Reeder

MaximalRoot

Nov 24, 2018
Redding
is the text to speech working for you with headphones under android 9 and SM-T580

I clean flash mine using only the normal options but ran into problems with the android 9 and SM T580 device.

question about this rom is google text to speech working on SM-T580 for you on this custom rom?

since google play books with read aloud engine option is not working correctly for me since when I tried both LineageOS 16.0 64bit 20190811 and LiquidRemix-10.0.11 rom ,when I tried to use text to speech which failed to work correctly from google play books. but the test voices worked fine from google text to speech options under settings.

I was not able to get the text to speech to playback sound both either my blutooth headphones and my normal plug in headphones, it selected the text but had no playback voice, it got stuck on the first line it hightlighted under google play books app. also one of these roms had the google camera app crash when trying to go to front camera mode, and the panoramic mode was not working either for me in the default google camera app. those where the only problems I had with android 9 versions listed above.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a/development/rom-t3945359/page7

Last edited:

Casper Young

Dec 16, 2011
Jackson, California
Google Play Service

I clean flash mine using only the normal options but ran into problems with the android 9 and SM T580 device
I was not able to get the text to speech to playback sound both either my blutooth headphones and my normal plug in headphones. Google play books app crash and google camera app crash. [EDITED QOUTE]

Usually when I have problems with multiple Google apps it's something with the Google Play Services that's out of whack. That's just a guess at your difficulty.
Can you check and see if your text to speech at least hears you or not. And go to your settings, check through your sound settings if you didn't already. My sound mode keeps going to mute.
These are all "app" difficulties. Look in your app manager to see if they are collecting data and maybe clear their caches. It can't hurt but see if that changes anything. Track down the bugs if possible.

MaximalRoot

Nov 24, 2018
Redding
I clean flash mine using only the normal options but ran into problems with the android 9 and SM T580 device
I was not able to get the text to speech to playback sound both either my blutooth headphones and my normal plug in headphones. Google play books app crash and google camera app crash. [EDITED QOUTE]

Usually when I have problems with multiple Google apps it's something with the Google Play Services that's out of whack. That's just a guess at your difficulty.
Can you check and see if your text to speech at least hears you or not. And go to your settings, check through your sound settings if you didn't already. My sound mode keeps going to mute.
These are all "app" difficulties. Look in your app manager to see if they are collecting data and maybe clear their caches. It can't hurt but see if that changes anything. Track down the bugs if possible.

So yes I tried the test settings under Google Text to speech that seemed to work , it was just the Google play books app that could not access the text to speech google engine for some reason or another from the gapps since it couldn't do it, at this time I had restored the default Samsung galaxy rom for this device, since it worked on their default 8.1.0 version, also for whatever reason I end up getting that device loop bug, was another reason why I restore the default software, for this device I got myself this one below,
its Price: around $150.00 on amazon , I did have some problems with Odin3-v3.13.3 at first but I got it to work fine, in any case I don't plan on using android 9 on it yet, until things like the camera app work correctly too since it just crashed on me on the android 9 rom which I was trying it with, I like to do things like panoramic views and like taking photos when it snows at home things like that, which was another reason I switched back to Samsung official firmware for this device at this time. since I do need an fully working camera on my android tablets for myself.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Gala...galaxy+a+2016&qid=1567916235&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Samsung Galaxy Tab A T580 10.1in 16GB Tablet W/ 32GB SD card (Renewed)

Last edited:

Casper Young

Dec 16, 2011
Jackson, California
Odin3 v3.13.

I did have some problems with Odin3-v3.13.3 at first but I got it to work fine, in any case I don't plan on using android 9 on it yet, until things like the camera app work correctly too since it just crashed on me.[END QOUTE]
I'm watching and waiting for all the bugs to be killed or dealt with. I've had some difficulties with this device over the rooting that gave me some rather unusual bugs. It became locked by FRP and I couldn't get into it. "Custom Binaries Blocked by FRP Lock" took me 4 hours to correct. Usually when flashing ROMs into 10.1 tablets the Camera has problems. My GT-P7510 10.1 Galaxy Tab camera has no flash so that's nothing unusual, it's a programing error. I have a patched Odin3 you might want to try insted of the original one. It works a lot better.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zch9FibyVslSHZYDJo60ZyhSJo7hmoUE

Samsung Galaxy Tab A T580 10.1in 16GB Tablet W/ 512GB SD card

sinedoke

Sep 11, 2019
Oporto
Remove touch from your device.mk file in the device tree.

Edit: Are you using my sources?

Yes I am. This is my roomservice.xml

Code:
<!-- 64-Bit -->
  <project name="srgrusso/android_device_samsung_gtaxlwifi" path="device/samsung/gtaxlwifi" remote="github" revision="aicp-14.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_device_samsung_gtaxllte" path="device/samsung/gtaxllte" remote="github" revision="aicp-14.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_vendor" path="vendor/samsung/gtaxlwifi" remote="github" revision="gtaxlwifi-lineage-16.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_vendor" path="vendor/samsung/gtaxllte" remote="github" revision="gtaxllte-lineage-16.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870" path="kernel/samsung/exynos7870" remote="github" revision="pie-m105" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="los-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <remove-project name="AICP/hardware_interfaces" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_hardware_interfaces" path="hardware/interfaces" remote="github" revision="gtaxl-aicp-14.0" />
 <remove-project name="AICP/frameworks_native" />
  <project name="srgrusso/platform_frameworks_native" path="frameworks/native" remote="github" revision="gtaxl-aicp-14.0" />

I searched in Android.mk for a reference to touch but only found this:
Code:
frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.jazzhand.xml:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR)/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.jazzhand.xml \

But I was able to move forward with this changes

Code:
-cc_binary {
-    name: "[email protected]",
-    init_rc: ["[email protected]"],
+cc_defaults {
+    name: "touch_samsung_defaults",
     defaults: ["hidl_defaults"],
     relative_install_path: "hw",
-    // FIXME: this should be 'vendor: true' for modules that will eventually be
-    // on AOSP.
     proprietary: true,
     srcs: [
         "GloveMode.cpp",
@@ -36,3 +33,10 @@ cc_binary {
         "[email protected]",
     ],
 }
+
+cc_binary {
+    name: "[email protected]",
+    init_rc: ["[email protected]"],
+    defaults: ["hidl_defaults"],
+    vendor: true,
+}

Am I doing this right? It is the first time I'm trying to compile android sources.

Thank you for your help @srgrusso

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017
Yes I am. This is my roomservice.xml

Code:
<!-- 64-Bit -->
  <project name="srgrusso/android_device_samsung_gtaxlwifi" path="device/samsung/gtaxlwifi" remote="github" revision="aicp-14.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_device_samsung_gtaxllte" path="device/samsung/gtaxllte" remote="github" revision="aicp-14.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_vendor" path="vendor/samsung/gtaxlwifi" remote="github" revision="gtaxlwifi-lineage-16.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_vendor" path="vendor/samsung/gtaxllte" remote="github" revision="gtaxllte-lineage-16.0_64-bsp" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870" path="kernel/samsung/exynos7870" remote="github" revision="pie-m105" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="los-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <remove-project name="AICP/hardware_interfaces" />
  <project name="srgrusso/android_hardware_interfaces" path="hardware/interfaces" remote="github" revision="gtaxl-aicp-14.0" />
 <remove-project name="AICP/frameworks_native" />
  <project name="srgrusso/platform_frameworks_native" path="frameworks/native" remote="github" revision="gtaxl-aicp-14.0" />

I searched in Android.mk for a reference to touch but only found this:
Code:
frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.jazzhand.xml:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR)/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.jazzhand.xml \

But I was able to move forward with this changes

Code:
-cc_binary {
-    name: "[email protected]",
-    init_rc: ["[email protected]"],
+cc_defaults {
+    name: "touch_samsung_defaults",
     defaults: ["hidl_defaults"],
     relative_install_path: "hw",
-    // FIXME: this should be 'vendor: true' for modules that will eventually be
-    // on AOSP.
     proprietary: true,
     srcs: [
         "GloveMode.cpp",
@@ -36,3 +33,10 @@ cc_binary {
         "[email protected]",
     ],
 }
+
+cc_binary {
+    name: "[email protected]",
+    init_rc: ["[email protected]"],
+    defaults: ["hidl_defaults"],
+    vendor: true,
+}

Am I doing this right? It is the first time I'm trying to compile android sources.

Thank you for your help @srgrusso

I may need to update my repos to track AICP's changes and Lineage's Samsung Hardware changes. I would undo what you did. The easiest way for me is to delete the directory and sync. It's time for me to post a new build anyway. After I post the new builds try again.

c1ph4

Oct 24, 2012
aethyx.eu
Another small review

Hey guys,

in the meantime I was able to test the last build but when using the device I encountered weird issues again. Some of them were already mentioned, though.

Let me explain in detail here. :cool:

• CPU weirdness: the issue that one CPU is not shown with its 4 cores is still there, as a user you can check this by installing "Geekbench" and reading the start page. I also tried installing the RR kernel which was recommended in previous posts. From performance side there was no difference (checked it with "Antutu" which gave me a ~85,000 with both, and "Geekbench" which gave me ~145 SC and ~800MC), only the start page of "Geekbench" show no info about the CPUs anymore. Thus, I don't know if the issue is gone after installing the RR kernel. As mentioned above, it makes no difference so IMHO we can stick to the ROM kernel
  • Widgets not working: some widgets weren't working anymore. Affected apps on my device were "Palabre" which doesn't update anymore at all. Plus, "TuneIn Pro" says as a widget "Faulty blahblah". If you don't use a lot of widgets when using this ROM, this is no big issue. As I read the news with RSS & "Palabre", for me it was
  • Magisk not running properly from start: I can't explain what when wrong on 1st install, but I couldn't get apps to work with SU at the beginning. The app, no matter which one, wasn't able to get access for SU from "Magisk". The popup to grant this was just missing. I could circumvent this by installing "Magisk" again via the installed app in the ROM. After another reboot I could get this essential popup to work

As these issues persisted I went on and tried another ROM. So far I didn't reach the end, so wish me luck! :good:

Happy flashing & testing, hope this post was helpful to you! ;)

jofjof

Sep 10, 2007
Hello

thank you for this powerful, functional and smooth ROM.
However, I have a problem with my headset (normal, not bluetooth).
When I plug it in, the sound doesn't come out through the headset but through the tablet's speakers.
I tested on 2 different tablets (SMT-580) with this ROM. But same result.

Did you encounter this problem on your tablet? If yes, have you found a solution (maybe an option to check in the settings).

Another question:
is it possible to go back to an official ROM (android 7.1) ?
I tried with TWRP, flashed the official ROM but got a black screen and impossible to boot the tablet.

Thank you for your possible answers.

Jof

Top Liked Posts