[ROM][SM-T580][SM-T585][UNOFFICIAL][AICP-14][64-Bit]

Search This thread

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Have you tried this fix?
Append media.camera.ts.monotonic=0 to /system/build.prop

I did the edit and it made enough of a difference that I will probably keep it, however I am still getting some lockup within the app I use when in the camera. However if I exit & close the app and go back it then it works again for a bit. Better than before but not perfect.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I did the edit and it made enough of a difference that I will probably keep it, however I am still getting some lockup within the app I use when in the camera. However if I exit & close the app and go back it then it works again for a bit. Better than before but not perfect.
I only use the camera to snap pics of computer stuff I'm selling, so I'm no expert on camera apps. But having followed threads on XDA for several years, I do know that cameras seem to be the bane of just about every custom ROM ever developed. Most people seem to solve the problem by trying different app from the Play Store until they find one that suits their needs. And because everyone's needs are different, there doesn't seem to be any one app that suits everybody.

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
I only use the camera to snap pics of computer stuff I'm selling, so I'm no expert on camera apps. But having followed threads on XDA for several years, I do know that cameras seem to be the bane of just about every custom ROM ever developed. Most people seem to solve the problem by trying different app from the Play Store until they find one that suits their needs. And because everyone's needs are different, there doesn't seem to be any one app that suits everybody.

the different camera works fine except for apps that use the default camera from within the app. If you could replace the default camera then that might help.

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
Have you tried this fix?
Append media.camera.ts.monotonic=0 to /system/build.prop

Is this fix for the video recording after deep sleep bug, or for something else regarding the camera?
does it help to save proper video files, that are recorded after the device has been in deep sleep, and they can be played back later without the video stopping and only sound being played back?

cd492

Oct 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Can I install the latest rom with twrp 3.1.1.1?

Edit: Nevermind I needed 3.3.+ to get it working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Is this fix for the video recording after deep sleep bug, or for something else regarding the camera?
does it help to save proper video files, that are recorded after the device has been in deep sleep, and they can be played back later without the video stopping and only sound being played back?

For me it probably help almost 90% of the time. Still a couple where the video locked when I started. Just exited the app and back in and it was good.

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
For me it probably help almost 90% of the time. Still a couple where the video locked when I started. Just exited the app and back in and it was good.

When you wrote about the video locking - do you mean that the image in the camera app freezes and you can't take the video, or you mean that the video locks while playing back the recorded file?
And what camera app are you using?

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
My tablet was charging good. Two days ago all of a sudden now it charges vvvvveeeeerrrrryyyyyyy slow. Over night only to 90 % from 30. If I charge it while using it then in an hour it might go up 2 or 3 %.

Thoughts?

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
When you wrote about the video locking - do you mean that the image in the camera app freezes and you can't take the video, or you mean that the video locks while playing back the recorded file?
And what camera app are you using?

The camera app freezes on a single image when starting to taking a video. Only way to get un-frozen is to get out of the app and clear it in the recent apps list.

This is when using the camera within an app that can record video or take a photo WITHIN the app using the Android default camera. Yes I can use an alternate camera like Footef camera fine, but not all apps let me load a video or photo, or I need to send a live photo rather than get out and take another photos because then the time has passed.

The build.prop edit did seem to work for a few days, but now it does not. I did verify the entry is still in the build.prop. Even exiting the app, going into Setting and closing the camera, clearing cache, and stopping the app, clearing that cache, and reopening them doesn't resolve it. Even restarting the tablet doesn't get the camera working within the app.

If there was just a way to specify a 3rd party camera as the Android default camera I think this wouldn't be a problem. I haven't found a way. Build.prop entry? Different way within Android?

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I have a general question about the ROM. Does is it purposely turn off cores 5-8 to save power consumption? I have been examining the system and no matter options I try I cannot get those cores to fire up.
That isn't just this ROM. The high speed cores only turn on when needed. When they do turn on, the other 4 turn off. That is a feature of the SoC. With normal CPU demand, it uses the lower speed cores to save battery. Run the Antutu benchmark app and you'll find it does use the high speed cores.

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
My tablet was charging good. Two days ago all of a sudden now it charges vvvvveeeeerrrrryyyyyyy slow. Over night only to 90 % from 30. If I charge it while using it then in an hour it might go up 2 or 3 %.

Thoughts?

No one has anything thoughts on this? It was like a switch was thrown. So I don't think the battery instantly changed. I've checked the USB port for anything that could be causing a problem. So it seems ROM related.

Could it be the kernel, or TWRP?

Thanks.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
No one has anything thoughts on this? It was like a switch was thrown. So I don't think the battery instantly changed. I've checked the USB port for anything that could be causing a problem. So it seems ROM related.

Thanks.

TWRP has nothing to do with charging speed. But you could boot into TWRP and charge the device there, if it charges faster then you know it has something to do with the rom. I don't see how rom or kernel would suddenly change the charging speed though ... have you tried a different charger or cable?

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
TWRP has nothing to do with charging speed. But you could boot into TWRP and charge the device there, if it charges faster then you know it has something to do with the rom. I don't see how rom or kernel would suddenly change the charging speed though ... have you tried a different charger or cable?

Thanks. Just eliminating things. Yes different charger, different cable. Going to do a full wipe of everything and reload from scratch.

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017
Thanks. Just eliminating things. Yes different charger, different cable. Going to do a full wipe of everything and reload from scratch.
Have you cleaned around the USB port with a paper clip or something. You might have some debri keeping you from getting ahold connection. I have that problem with my phones. The get filled with pocket lint

BADA 187

Thanks.

using any device while changing is a big no no to me. it degrades battery much faster.

do a full discharge then boot to twrp and keep it there charging till it reaches 100% then wipe dalvik/cache and boot again to rom. and see how it goes from there

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Have you cleaned around the USB port with a paper clip or something. You might have some debri keeping you from getting ahold connection. I have that problem with my phones. The get filled with pocket lint

Yes I did that last night to make sure there wasn't any debris there. Used a bright flashlight to look around, and a plastic fine pick all round in the USB port.

Top Liked Posts