[ROM][SM-T580][SM-T585][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Search This thread

ijobs

• Dec 13, 2010
    New builds (date 2021-04-13) are up with security patch level of 2021-04-05. See first post for more info.
    And remember, it's always a good idea to do a TWRP backup before installation.
    Updated my two T580.
    Working all fine.

Thank you for your continued efforts to provide new builds.

Dankeschön!

Reactions: Klaerchen

lossen1

Jul 23, 2009
    Confirm lost of sound after week or two after flashed april version. In same time headphones connected via 3.5mm jack works fine. Reboot and full charging over night do not resolve this problem.

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
    Stuttgart
    New builds (date 2021-05-11/12) are up with security patch level of 2021-05-05. See first post for more info.

I added a script to move between test-keys and release-keys (see first post). You may find it helpful if you want to move to another author's LOS (e.g. LOS17.1 or LOS18.1). In this case should first migrate to "unofficial", i.e. to test-keys before upgrade with another ROM.
    And i fyou first come to this ROM from an installation with test-keys, then you should first move to release-keys with the script. It is explained on LOS's website Changing keys.

vstrecker

Sep 10, 2018
    Salzburg
    New builds (date 2021-05-11/12) are up with security patch level of 2021-05-05. See first post for more info.

I added a script to move between test-keys and release-keys (see first post). You may find it helpful if you want to move to another author's LOS (e.g. LOS17.1 or LOS18.1). In this case should first migrate to "unofficial", i.e. to test-keys before upgrade with another ROM.
    And i fyou first come to this ROM from an installation with test-keys, then you should first move to release-keys with the script. It is explained on LOS's website Changing keys.
    Thank you very much for your work, Both T585 updated without any problems. I will stay with 16 as long as possible because it is really stable here.

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019

I just tried your script again, unfortunately an update to 18.1 doesn't work. have you tried the script once? I saw that you wrote on lot 17.1 and 18.1. have you made experiences with it to upgrade it?

my problem is that i have a lot of shortcuts that i can't save on the desktop and in the lineage browser!

ijobs

• Dec 13, 2010

Safetynet working again (Magisk 23)
    Thank you for the continued efforts updating this ROM

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
    Stuttgart
    I just tried your script again, unfortunately an update to 18.1 doesn't work. have you tried the script once? I saw that you wrote on lot 17.1 and 18.1. have you made experiences with it to upgrade it?

my problem is that i have a lot of shortcuts that i can't save on the desktop and in the lineage browser!
    I did not yet try to upgrade to LOS 17.1 or LOS18.1. Perhaps you could try to update to LOS17.1 first and afterwards to LOS18.1. And you have to use the appropriate Google-apps for each version (if you use the Google-apps).
    So very roughly (not tested by myself):
    • Go to TWRP
    • Do a complete backup of BOOT, SYSTEM, DATA, MODEM, EFS to e.g. SD-card
    • Migrate to test-keys with the script
    • format SYSTEM partition
    • Install LOS17.1, GAPPS (Android 10), Magisk together
    • Reboot
    And then
    • Go to TWRP
    • format SYSTEM partition
    • Install LOS18.1, GAPPS (Android 11), Magisk together
    • Reboot
    But as I already said, I have not tested it myself.
    Good luck!

Reactions: R!ffRaff

Sharft 6

Jan 25, 2011
    Confirm lost of sound after week or two after flashed april version. In same time headphones connected via 3.5mm jack works fine. Reboot and full charging over night do not resolve this problem.
    I had the same problem with this ROM. I ended up flashing the version created by

Valera1978 here​

Valera's one works fine.

Lots of people are probably running out of space about now and wondering if this version lets you format microsd cards as internal storage. Yes it does, It also runs really well in general. The UI seams a little low FPS but the responsiveness of the apps themselves seems faster than stock.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone