• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][SM-T580][SM-T585][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Search This thread

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
for those who want to have selinux enforcing can you tell me
By the way, from your thread hopping, it appears that you keep hopping between, or keep considering using, different custom firmwares/ROMs. Why don't you just stick to using one that you like enough? In the end, you should just be actually using your hardware (your tablet) with one that you're satisfied with.

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
Stuttgart
there are some users with the same problem, unsure why this happens now. but having it on both of my 585, it lookslike a software problem.

But witch software, the system is working well here.
Only difference is maybe my system is in German.
I only rarely have problems with sound through the loudspeakers. Normally only after a long uptime, e.g. 20 days or so.
Then I shutdown the tablet, wait, and start again. Usually everything is fine afterwards.

After installing my test-build with the security fixes of June 5, my tablet (t585) however was also mute.

It seems to me, that there is some (random) probability of having a mute tablet after start. And it seems to me, that this error probability is larger, if I only reboot, e.g. from TWRP after installing a ROM update.
I think it's better, to explicitly shutdown, wait and start.
And my t585 is now playing sounds again. No clear of Dalvik etc. required.

But I do not really have an idea, how this problem could be investigated.

Regards
Klaerchen

vstrecker

Sep 10, 2018
Salzburg
I only rarely have problems with sound through the loudspeakers. Normally only after a long uptime, e.g. 20 days or so.
Then I shutdown the tablet, wait, and start again. Usually everything is fine afterwards.

After installing my test-build with the security fixes of June 5, my tablet (t585) however was also mute.

It seems to me, that there is some (random) probability of having a mute tablet after start. And it seems to me, that this error probability is larger, if I only reboot, e.g. from TWRP after installing a ROM update.
I think it's better, to explicitly shutdown, wait and start.
And my t585 is now playing sounds again. No clear of Dalvik etc. required.

But I do not really have an idea, how this problem could be investigated.

Regards
Klaerchen
here on e 585 is always on (the one of my wife) but mine is mostly shut down because i use a notebook too. so one is up having the problem, reboot does not help on this one, but he other one, where dalvik also was wiped, keeps the problem also after shutdown, longer off and fresh start.

sounds like something we will never find.

vstrecker

Sep 10, 2018
Salzburg
@Klaerchen @allwithsoundproblems i tried lot of things today and it looks like deactivating system profiles (switch to off) was the solutions. i had system profiles anabled on both 585, now, with deactivated system profiles, both have sound again.

pfffffffffffff..... wife smiles, i am out of danger :)

Reactions: Klaerchen

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
Stuttgart
What is the Migrate-script ?
It has to do with signing the Android builds. Either with individual release-keys (what I do, or Lineage), or with test-keys (used with many custom builds).
One should only update with a build that is identically signed like the current installation.
With the migrate script you can switch an installation between test-keys and release-keys and vice versa.

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
Stuttgart
one of the 2 585 lost the sound again. nor rebbot, off/boot or switching profiles helps. this is really something for higher blood preasure :)
I'm sorry to hear that!
I will try to search a bit into possible reasons, however my tablet works correctly most of the time. And I will be on vacation for two weeks... so please be patient. ;)

Top Liked Posts