[ROM][SM-T580][UNOFFICIAL][64-Bit][crDroidAndroid-11.0][v7.6] -> 2021-05-09

Search This thread
May 1, 2021
so far its working great I just installed lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip on my SM-T580 device, no lockup yet or random reboot, but I did not install the GAPPs yet , I am downloading the NikGapps from
for android 11,

also it offered during setup of this custom rom a option called lineage recovery on startup feature I didn't click that box since its using twrp boot loader, I am guessing I don't want the linage recovery feature I am not sure if thats stable or not, plus I also have magisk installed from twrp boot loader,

NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip
and NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip
going to try and install stock and if that version is too much or unstable than I switch to basic, my old samsung galaxy 10.1 tab was only able to use basic on its custom roms, but again this is a newer model than my older samsung that came again which android 4, I have not played with the older model its more limited which versions I can run on it I think.

ok, so I noticed that the kindle app is delayed on opening eBooks, and facebook

Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
so far its working great I just installed lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip on my SM-T580 device, no lockup yet or random reboot, but I did not install the GAPPs yet , I am downloading the NikGapps from
for android 11, which version do you recommend installing, I was thinking either stock or basic, my old samsung 10.1 came with android 4 I think.
I was only able to install basic for google play but that device model is a lot older than this one. anyway I try each one and see which is best, I am thinking full is too much or not needed , so I am guessing stock is best if thats what most people use?
I'd suggest just using the core package and installing any other google apps that you need from the play store. You'll have more bloat that you probably don't want/need with any larger packages.

May 1, 2021
the second time I used Set wallpaper feature on android 11? since it doesn't seem to be keeping the settings saved from the images I picked from google Arts & Culture? problem is related to microsoft launcher keep changing the wallpapers that I had set, sorry that error was on my part, not related to android 11 since it does the same thing on android 8

Last edited:
May 1, 2021
I'd suggest just using the core package and installing any other google apps that you need from the play store. You'll have more bloat that you probably don't want/need with any larger packages.
the stock version seems to work fine, that what I ended up installing for the gapps. Thanks for reply back. even on stock I end up installing stuff like micrsoft bing, google books, ps4 apps, kindle, play music, goodreads, outlook app, google rewards, kobo books, Facebook, bookfusion and a few other google play apps, anyway I think stock was an ok version of gapps to install didn't notice any bad crashing just a few apps like kindle app being slow to respond, otherwise it seems to work like normal besides a few bugs that may get fix in future builds.

you can moved Play Books to SD card but the feature under settings Download new books to SD card is gray and says no SD card available, its running Play Books from the SD card, maybe for some reason play books has not been updated to work correctly with android 11 yet or its a bug, that feature worked before on android 8.1.0 software, it seems android 11 changed how the 32GB SD card slot works on the tablet since its either portable for transferring files or is able to storage and run apps from it but not both why I think they changed how the SD card works if you format it for using with the apps its not longer accessible from the USB connection under windows 10 it seems anyway that effects the SD card and what you can do with it, sorry I got off topic anyway Play Books feature for download new books to SD card, can't read the SD card in either format mode under android 11, if you format it as portable then the gray out feature is missing, if you format it for apps type access then it shows it but its gray out so you can't select it and turn it on since play books can't detect the SD card anymore.

so far the facebook app does run correctly seems to freeze the software or is a lot slower than the kindle app. beta app loads but then says you have to allow phone access for google play services otherwise Facebook app will not run correctly is its message on my WIFI only tablet? thats when it shows the login screen. was able to select my account and log in afterwards. seemed slow to get to the log in screen but afterwards it works like normal it seems, again I upgraded the standard app to its beta version in google play.

did also noticed that the sound protection levels feature is not in this custom rom, like it was good for when you use Bluetooth headphones or headphones with music etc.. when I was checking out the sound options you can set it to max without getting a warming about having the sound levels too high, that's a feature I would like back , anyway I went back to the samsung android 8.1.0 rom, so that feature is now back on my tablet. I been experanceing a ringing sound in my ears on and off since last summer, when I had the tv volume too high I didn't notice the ringing sound until I got up in the morning, so at some point the ringing sound started after waking up last summer in the morning and it goes away then seems to come back around unless I am hearing a sound high pitch noise coming from my rural area, I think the sounds in my ears, since it comes and goes away on its own, I think I may of hurt my ear parts but again I don't really no whats causing the problem.

For example:
  • At 91 decibels, your ears can tolerate up to two hours of exposure.
  • At 100 decibels, damage can occur with 15 minutes of exposure.
  • At 112 decibels, damage can occur with only one minute of exposure.
  • At 140 decibels, immediate nerve damage can occur.
Reference: www.noisehelp.com/noise-dose.html

Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
the second time I used Set wallpaper feature on android 11? since it doesn't seem to be keeping the settings saved from the images I picked from google Arts & Culture? I then went into settings and under display I went to wallpapers, selected advanced then styles & wallpapers, selected Default under style and click the ok check mark button then it says set style successfully I don't no if that has anything to do with the wallpaper, in any case the second time I shutdown the tablet and turn it back on it keep the changes I made to the home screen image and the lock screen, again I don't no if I found a bug or not, since I am pretty sure I had changed it the first time and it didn't keep the change since something made it go back to the default images from the zip files default images for lineage. also why Is styles & wallpapers keep under advanced that doesn't seem like it should be an advanced features , I don't think of backgrounds and styles as being an advanced OS feature just wondering why that was put under that area on the settings from display and not just selectable under display itself?
Has anyone else had that happen to them about the home screen image and lock screen image and if so is it a bug? also if so when changing it do we need to set it twice in order for it not to reset to the default images that came with the rom? or is there software on it that will switch images after a hour like some sort of random image changing per hour or minute type feature that I didn't notice it had? like how Bing or windows 10 can switch images in a theme pack on you like its a theme that has more than one image type thing I am trying to ask about it if its a bug or a feature that effects both home screen and lock screen that I didn't find or figure it out yet.
The stock NikGapps package would replace the wallpaper app included with LineageOS with Google's wallpaper app, and from what you've described, it doesn't work. The core and basic packages do not, and you'd have the working wallpaper app included with LineageOS if you were to use either of those packages. Maybe that's good enough reason for you to switch to the core package?
that needs fixing
Nothing for me to do.
does anyone else that use lineage 18.1 android 11 noticed that kindle app seems to be running a lot slower on this software at least to me it seems to be slower and less responsive, I am guessing the kindle app may need some android 11 patches to it maybe or its a bug with the custom android rom.
I have no idea about this. I don't use the Kindle app. I did have issues with the dolphin emulator app where the main menu for game/WAD selection would be slow and unresponsive with 18.1 that did not exist with 17.1, but those issues have now disappeared. Every other app that I use works perfectly fine and performs as I would expect.
the stock version seems to work fine, that what I ended up installing for the gapps.
No, it does not, as I've explained earlier. The fact that the wallpaper app had a reference to Google in it should've been an indicator of that.
[...] so far kindle is the only app that I noticed is slower than it used to be the rest of them seem to run at there normal speeds. [...]
Alright, great.
also will this tablet be able to run android 12 (Android S)
You're thinking ahead too much. Android 12 isn't in its final, non-beta/developer preview state, and it's going to be several months until it is. When it's an actual thing and LineageOS 19 is also a thing, only then will we try to bring it up for this device.
how different is android 12 from android 11?
I have absolutely no idea.
did also noticed that the sound protection levels feature is not in this custom rom, like it was good for when you use Bluetooth headphones or headphones with music etc.. when I was checking out the sound options you can set it to max without getting a warming about having the sound levels too high, that's a feature I would like back without having to go back to android 8.1.0 if possible maybe you can add it in the next build, I think its kind of important to protect our ears from audio levels that can hurt them, I like that it warned me if I so close to having the audio at dangerous audio levels levels since it keep us from going over the safe listening levels in the default software, again that a feature I would like back in android 11 if possible, when using the tablets volume control buttons. don't no if Bings search for it is the same thing anyway the tablet used to warm me or protect me from, if I set setting the audio levels too high to listen with while using my headphones I have both blutooth headphones and normal plug in ones.
A high volume warning feature does exist. It only shows up rarely, and may only be enabled when in a region in Europe and maybe others (determined by language? unsure about this specifically at all).

You should be responsible for yourself, rather than needing to be nagged for having your volume too high, regardless. Want a lower volume? You have volume buttons that you can set one with.

I've had my volume decreased by that feature suddenly from time to time, particularly when playing audio via the audio jack with the display off, and I find it quite annoying, especially since the volume gets reduced to a low volume with which I can only listen in a very quiet room. I would, in fact, want to remove/disable this feature, and don't understand why anyone could possibly want it.

By the way, please try not to write huge walls of text full of unnecessary detail - Everything you've written could very easily be reduced significantly, and writing huge walls of text is a massive waste of time.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021
I think the wallpaper thing is related to the fact that I had downloaded Microsoft launcher and installed even thou the android 11 home launcher is activated that Microsoft launcher is changing the wallpaper with daily bing images, so maybe if I had uninstalled it that problem would been fixed, that's a error I made since I didn't no that Microsoft launcher would take over control of the background images and lock screen too. I had reinstalled it on SM-T580_XAR_T580UES5CTL1 firmware, today I had restored that android 8.1.0 version back onto my tablet using odin3_v3.14.4 , ever since I played red dead redemption 2 game on my Xbox one too loud at night with the volume level from last summer I have been experiencing a ringing sound on and off in my ears, that why I care about keeping the volume level at a safe settings even thou it was not my tablet that hurt my ears but maybe my Xbox one x console and tv itself that did that. the ringing sound goes away and comes back also has been coming back once and awhile, also it was raining very hard that night before that summer started I recall, not really sure which thing had hurt my ears, at least I think the high pitch ringing sound in my ears are coming from that sometimes I notice it more during night than day time.. sometimes my parents have the tv level too high at home it seems. otherwise I am heathy besides that small problem, anyway I also went back to the Samsung stock firmware because of the slow downs with Facebook and kindle app both were acting more slow than they should of been, I didn't even try to install games on android 11, maybe after a few more builds I test it again in the future but for now, I am sticking with that works for me.
anyway I found the firmware at Samfw.com and sent it to my google drive, and download it and reinstalled it for now, thanks again for reply back to me about this stuff.

Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: js-xda

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
It looks like @followmsi is uploading his 18.1 builds to his google drive folder here, which is linked in his original post after the link to my google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE
That build would be from there. Forgot about those... :S
Thank you for pointing the right direction. Ok, maybe then another stupid question ... ;-) What is the difference of your build (from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wuirD9cyoguv7CQdEO5ymZ911k2ASKKD) vs. followmsi's build (from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE)?

Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Thank you for pointing the right direction. Ok, maybe then another stupid question ... ;-) What is the difference of your build (from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wuirD9cyoguv7CQdEO5ymZ911k2ASKKD) vs. followmsi's build (from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE)?
Without looking into it much, followmsi's newer build would just have the latest Android security updates, some updates to the kernel and a few other small changes (such as the removal of a workaround for tethering for a real fix).

Last edited:
Reactions: js-xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible to set selinux to permissive manually?
    I want to try this Rom, but i 'm using ViperFX & Dolby since Years...
    Thx for Answer.
    Viper4Android (not sure about Dolby) works with SELinux set to enforcing via the Magisk module. There's no need to set it to permissive. The necessary SELinux rules for it are present as I had added them a long time ago.

Moreover, SELinux should never be set to permissive if possible as that opens up significant security vulnerabilities, and I absolutely do not support doing so for no good reason. Magisk creator, topjohnwu, had made posts on this subject here: twitter.com/topjohnwu/status/1359054108339040261
    "Remember when I said using SELinux permissive is really bad? Here is a privilege escalation PoC (Proof of Concept) where the only requirement is SELinux permissive. (https://github.com/vvb2060/Magica) If you are still releasing custom ROMs/kernels with permissive, YOU ARE LITERALLY BACKDOORING YOUR USERS!"
    "In this PoC, when you press install, it will gain (restricted yet still powerful) root access in a service and install Magisk to your boot image. This demo shows that any ARBITRARY app, including malware, can PERMANENTLY root your device without your consent and permission."
    "Imagine this scenario: you are using a custom kernel that ships with SELinux permissive. You accidentally install a malware using this loophole. The malware installs a modified "malicious Magisk" to permanently gain full root access. BOOM, your device is now #pwned."
    "Please help spread this information! We should stop the toxic and irresponsible mentality of releasing SELinux permissive ROMs/kernels in this community. You should never, *EVER* switch to permissive unless actually doing development/debugging."
    Installed without Problems today, no need to format my SanDisk.
    ViperFX & Dolby (!) are working, too.
    I'm using NikGapps Core.
    Thx @followmsi & @TALUAtXDA. Great Rom.
    I've just got my hands on this tab and Quickly got it twrp'ed, after trying a few different roms which I wasn't keen on I thought I'd try cr, wow! an amazing rom.
    only issue I found is turning off hardware buttons and using navbar instead doesn't work as it also turns off screen touch too.
    too bad I joined the party too late 😥
    Try this for turning off the nav buttons

If you have root you can edit /system/vendor/usr/keylayout/sec_touchscreen.kl

Only set "#" in front of key185 and key254. Reboot and you have disabled the touchkeys.
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210509-gtaxlwifi-v7.6.zip

There will be no builds for SM-T585 (gtaxllte) this time !
    We do not own any 585 devices and we will not work on any SM-T585 builds.
    But you can install the 580 (WiFi) builds onto 585 (LTE) devices as well.
    The ROM installer has been changed to allow installation onto 585 devices too.
    Of course, all Mobile stuff (LTE) will not work. GPS and Vibration will not work due to different hardware.

crDroid Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Wifi-Hotspot: Disable/Enable Wifi connection before you enable Wifi-Hotspot. Otherwise WLAN kernel module does not work anymore and you need to reboot.
    - And maybe more issues .. ?

INSTALLATION:
    1. Boot into TWRP recovery (3.5.2_9-0)
    2. Wipe system and do factory reset in TWRP (format /data if encrypted)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. Install Gapps
    5. install Magisk.zip (Tested with version 22.1)
    6. Reboot into system

TWRP:
    Pls use latest official version ..
    https://dl.twrp.me/gtaxlwifi/

DOWNLOADS:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289836
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289289 (Archive -> GTAXLWIFI)
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289291 (Archive -> GTAXLLTE)

SOURCES:
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/gtaxl-lineage-18.1

There will be no regular updates .. just some builds from time to time !

Thanks to ..
    @TALUAtXDA for all his work and continuous improvements !
    @Valera1978 for all his work in the past !
    crDroidAndroid Team

Enjoy .. :p
    LineageOS 18.0 - December 2020

lineage-18.0-20201210-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> December 2020
    - Various kernel updates -> Thanks to @TALUAtXDA !
    - Hack to improve Video Calls in various apps.
    - Moved/Changed overlays for Android 11
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes

Enjoy :)
    It's time for a new build ..

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210415-gtaxlwifi-v7.5.zip

Changes:
    - Google Security updates -> April 2021
    - Latest device and kernel changes for gtaxlwifi
    - Backport of Wifi-Display (Miracast) for Android 11
    - Latest crDroid changes for Android 11

Pls install Gapps and Magisk manually.

This is an "one time build" .. there will be no regular updates for crDroid.

LineageOS 18.1 - February 2021

lineage-18.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> February 2021
    - Hack to fix "reboot recovery" from Lineage reboot menu.
    - Various kernel updates
    - Hack to fix Video/MP4 recording duration bug !
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Tested with open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210130-TEST.zip and Magisk 21.4 using twrp-3.5.0_9-0-gtaxlwifi for installation !

Thanks to @TALUAtXDA for all his work !

New release for 20210407

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VIlQ1tNkoSrSKlAJL88bemgchzsQ5C1l/

As was always planned, since I've moved onto 18.1, from now on, I'm going to be releasing new 18.1 builds. A new thread for my builds will be made slightly later on. My build can be installed on top of @followmsi's builds as usual without doing anything further.

Changelog (from @followmsi's last build):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS. The crashes that occurred when setting a new wallpaper that were discussed earlier in this thread appear to have been fixed.
    • Merges of the latest changes from AOSP, including the 20210407 security updates, have been picked to skip the wait for them to be merged. (repopick -t android-11.0.0_r34)
    • The same workaround that was used on 17.1 to get USB tethering and Bluetooth internet access sharing to work has been forward-ported and applied.
    • vintf manifest override enforcement is now enabled.
    • The vendor/lib[64]/egl/libGLES_mali.so blobs are now symlinked to vendor/lib[64]/vulkan.exynos5.so, rather than copied to vendor/lib[64]/hw/vulkan.exynos5.so - This is a proper fix for Vulkan support.
    • RSA key verification for ADB is enabled again, and ADB isn't enabled by default and on boot anymore.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    Enjoy.