• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T580][UNOFFICIAL][64-Bit][crDroidAndroid-11.0][v7.9] -> 2021-08-10

Search This thread
May 1, 2021
Thank you for pointing the right direction. Ok, maybe then another stupid question ... ;-) What is the difference of your build (from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wuirD9cyoguv7CQdEO5ymZ911k2ASKKD) vs. followmsi's build (from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE)?
The difference is one is from 407 is from Apr 7, 2021
the other one is 505 which is from May 5, 2021

so the build lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi is newer than 20210407, basicly the builds have dates in them, so I guess I used one that was dated newer than the one listed in this forum on page 1, anyway I hope that explains it, I don't no software wise what's really different from the two builds, I just guess that it has newer or more up to date fixes and possible bugs fix that was in the 407 build but could also have new bugs.

May 1, 2021
can anyone explain what Update.ZIP_TWRP_flashable_pattern_pin_remover_V2.zip does for the rom, I was not sure so I didn't use that and so I have no idea if that was needed with build 20210505, I had turn off the pattern and pin number locks before I had flashed the rom on my device. I was not sure exactly what it does so I didn't download it.

I have installed lineage-18.1-20210407-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi on my Samsung SM-T580. Everything works perfectly the only issue that I have is that when I try to change the wallpaper "Styles & Wallpapers" crashes, after that I get a popup: Styles & wallpapers keeps stopping App info Close app. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, should I try installing the later lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi version, does it also have the same issue? Is there a way to update to the newer version without losing the already installed and configured apps?

ar0177417

Aug 11, 2017
I have installed lineage-18.1-20210407-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi on my Samsung SM-T580. Everything works perfectly the only issue that I have is that when I try to change the wallpaper "Styles & Wallpapers" crashes, after that I get a popup: Styles & wallpapers keeps stopping App info Close app. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, should I try installing the later lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi version, does it also have the same issue? Is there a way to update to the newer version without losing the already installed and configured apps?
As @TALUAtXDA already said, This problem is due to Gapps
use basic or nano version of gapps

I have did a full fresh reinstall of the lineage-18.1-20210407-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi. I have also installed only the core version of the NikGapps and the "Styles & Wallpapers" is now working perfectly, but I have encountered a new bigger issue. Whenever I open app Files (Or any other app for file management) the tablet just reboots. Can someone tell me what could be the cause of the files managers crashing the OS ?

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
I have did a full fresh reinstall of the lineage-18.1-20210407-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi. I have also installed only the core version of the NikGapps and the "Styles & Wallpapers" is now working perfectly, but I have encountered a new bigger issue. Whenever I open app Files (Or any other app for file management) the tablet just reboots. Can someone tell me what could be the cause of the files managers crashing the OS ?
Happen to have clean flashed lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi a moment ago (tested different GAPPS and ended up for now with NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed) and haven't installed anything & haven't logged in on a Google account yet - only connected to WiFi. Can't reproduce the issue.

Update: Not that I expected a difference but also no issue after logging in to Google account.

Last edited:

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Just for documentation as I don't see it mentioned in the initial post or anywhere later in this thread: USB debugging is still active in lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.

Update: Flashlight control not possible via pull-down menu. Otherwise working smoothly so far - thank you to everyone supporting the development!

Last edited:
Happen to have clean flashed lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi a moment ago (tested different GAPPS and ended up for now with NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed) and haven't installed anything & haven't logged in on a Google account yet - only connected to WiFi. Can't reproduce the issue.

Update: Not that I expected a difference but also no issue after logging in to Google account.
I have flashed lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi as well with the same NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed on my SM-T580 (used latest TWRP). Have not encountered any issues with file manager, but later I decided to install Total Commander app. When I opened the app and went into my sd card to check on some files the system rebooted and after the reboot I tried it again and it rebooted again. I think this reboot might be due to my sd card. When I took it out, the Total commander app worked flawlessly, no reboots. When I inserted the sd card back in, now its working without any reboots. I have not removed the sd card since the fresh install and maby after doing a fresh install the sd card is mounted incorrectly (with some errors or something) that makes the file managers to get a fatal error rebooting the system. As I said, after removing the sd card and inserting it back, it is now working flawlessly and I cannot replicate the reboot anymore.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
One more build ..

@TALUAtXDA continues on Lineage 18.1.
I will reuse this thread for some "unregular" crDroid builds.
There will be no monthly updates .. just some builds from time to time !

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210509-gtaxlwifi-v7.6.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> May 2021
- Switched to Enforcing SELinux
- Latest device and kernel changes for gtaxlwifi
- Backport of Wifi-Display (Miracast) for Android 11
- Latest crDroid changes for Android 11

Pls install Gapps and Magisk manually.

Enjoy :)

ar0177417

Aug 11, 2017
One more build ..

@TALUAtXDA continues on Lineage 18.1.
I will reuse this thread for some "unregular" crDroid builds.
There will be no monthly updates .. just some builds from time to time !

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210509-gtaxlwifi-v7.6.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> May 2021
- Switched to Enforcing SELinux

Can we dirty flash it over lineage os?

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
@followmsi in your opinion, what's the main differences between crdroid 10 and lineage 18.1

crdroid does have more settings for customization and some more "features" as lineage.
but it's based on lineage sources.

Just have a try yourself .. (y)

Reactions: jimmyzyx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210810-gtaxlwifi-v7.9.zip

There will be no builds for SM-T585 (gtaxllte) this time !
    We do not own any 585 devices and we will not work on any SM-T585 builds.
    But you can install the 580 (WiFi) builds onto 585 (LTE) devices as well.
    The ROM installer has been changed to allow installation onto 585 devices too.
    Of course, all Mobile stuff (LTE) will not work. GPS and Vibration will not work due to different hardware.

crDroid Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Wifi-Hotspot: Disable/Enable Wifi connection before you enable Wifi-Hotspot. Otherwise WLAN kernel module does not work anymore and you need to reboot.
    - And maybe more issues .. ?

INSTALLATION:
    1. Boot into TWRP recovery (3.5.2_9-0)
    2. Wipe system and do factory reset in TWRP (format /data if encrypted)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. Install Gapps
    5. install Magisk.zip (Tested with version 22.1)
    6. Reboot into system

TWRP:
    Pls use latest official version ..
    https://dl.twrp.me/gtaxlwifi/

DOWNLOADS:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289836
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289289 (Archive -> GTAXLWIFI)
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289291 (Archive -> GTAXLLTE)

SOURCES:
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/gtaxl-lineage-18.1

There will be no regular updates .. just some builds from time to time !

Thanks to ..
    @TALUAtXDA for all his work and continuous improvements !
    @Valera1978 for all his work in the past !
    crDroidAndroid Team

Enjoy .. :p
    LineageOS 18.0 - December 2020

lineage-18.0-20201210-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> December 2020
    - Various kernel updates -> Thanks to @TALUAtXDA !
    - Hack to improve Video Calls in various apps.
    - Moved/Changed overlays for Android 11
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes

It's time for a new build ..

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210415-gtaxlwifi-v7.5.zip

Changes:
    - Google Security updates -> April 2021

This is an "one time build" .. there will be no regular updates for crDroid.

New release for 20210407

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VIlQ1tNkoSrSKlAJL88bemgchzsQ5C1l/

As was always planned, since I've moved onto 18.1, from now on, I'm going to be releasing new 18.1 builds. A new thread for my builds will be made slightly later on. My build can be installed on top of @followmsi's builds as usual without doing anything further.

Changelog (from @followmsi's last build):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS. The crashes that occurred when setting a new wallpaper that were discussed earlier in this thread appear to have been fixed.
    • Merges of the latest changes from AOSP, including the 20210405 security updates, have been picked to skip the wait for them to be merged. (repopick -t android-11.0.0_r34)
    • The same workaround that was used on 17.1 to get USB tethering and Bluetooth internet access sharing to work has been forward-ported and applied.
    • vintf manifest override enforcement is now enabled.
    • The vendor/lib[64]/egl/libGLES_mali.so blobs are now symlinked to vendor/lib[64]/vulkan.exynos5.so, rather than copied to vendor/lib[64]/hw/vulkan.exynos5.so - This is a proper fix for Vulkan support.
    • RSA key verification for ADB is enabled again, and ADB isn't enabled by default and on boot anymore.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    Enjoy.
    LineageOS 18.1 - February 2021

lineage-18.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> February 2021
    - Hack to fix "reboot recovery" from Lineage reboot menu.
    - Various kernel updates
    - Hack to fix Video/MP4 recording duration bug !
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Tested with open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210130-TEST.zip and Magisk 21.4 using twrp-3.5.0_9-0-gtaxlwifi for installation !

Thanks to @TALUAtXDA for all his work !