• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SM-T580][UNOFFICIAL][64-Bit][crDroidAndroid-12.0][v8.1] / [Lineage-19.0 BETA]

Search This thread

_WiNNa_

Jun 14, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Battery usage is high on my T580 - about 2% / hour without doing anything.
Installed BetterBatteryStats and found out that the CPU never goes in deep sleep state. Anyone else got this problem, or has a fix for that?

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
lineage-19.0 - BETA

This is an early beta build of lineage-19.0 for SM-T580.

Tested this build with BiTGApps-arm64-12.0.0-R43 and Magisk 23.0.
I did made dirty upgrade from 18.1 and just wiped my system partition in TWRP.

lineage-19.0-20211110-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Known issues:

- Bluetooth is not working yet
- SELinux is permissive
- On-Screen Navbar is not working
- Tons of lineage customizations / settings / bugfixes are still missing !
- Maybe more issues ..

@TALUAtXDA is still the "master" of lineage for SM-T580.
I am sure he will continue to build 19.x soon.
Again .. it's still a beta build. Some kind of pure AOSP with lineage bootanimation :)

Enjoy Android 12 !

ar0177417

Aug 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
lineage-19.0 - BETA

This is an early beta build of lineage-19.0 for SM-T580.

Tested this build with BiTGApps-arm64-12.0.0-R43 and Magisk 23.0.
I did made dirty upgrade from 18.1 and just wiped my system partition in TWRP.

lineage-19.0-20211110-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Known issues:

- Bluetooth is not working yet
- SELinux is permissive
- Maybe more issues ..

@TALUAtXDA is still the "master" of lineage for SM-T580.
I am sure he will continue to build 19.x soon.
Again .. it's still a beta build. Some kind of pure AOSP with lineage bootanimation :)

Enjoy Android 12 !
[Bug]
Extra dim is broken!
I set the intensity to zero and brightness to also zero. Now the screen is completely back.
Edit :
Fixed brightness level with adb using adb shell settings put system screen_brightness 255

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
One question: is crDroid being maintained as well?
Why do you share LOS news in the crDroid thread?
There will be one final crDroid build based on Android 11 e.g. Lineage 18.1 sources .. most probably in December or January.

Once Lineage 19.x and / crDroid are ready for Android 12 I will make crDroid 12 builds.
But like today for 11 .. no monthly builds .. just from time to time.

Cheers

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
[Bug]
Extra dim is broken!
I set the intensity to zero and brightness to also zero. Now the screen is completely back.
Edit :
Fixed brightness level with adb using adb shell settings put system screen_brightness 255

Thanks for reporting !

Today it's not clear if all the new features like "Extra dim" will work on "older" devices like SM-T580.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
lineage-19.0 - BETA

One more build .. to fix Bluetooth and add MicroG support.

lineage-19.0-20211113-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Fixed Bluetooth
- Moved Wifi overlays for 12
- Added patches to support MicroG

Known issues:
- SELinux is permissive
- Maybe more issues ..

Again .. it's still a beta build !

Enjoy Android 12 !

RichyE

Oct 12, 2012
Heerlen
I tried a dirty upgrade from lineage 18 and it worked, I only had to install magisk again and the gapps for android 12.
I just use the tablet for some games, reading the news and watchings movies.
The games that I have installed even kept working, so far no problems yet.

Reactions: followmsi

xander1969

Sep 26, 2013
Battery usage is high on my T580 - about 2% / hour without doing anything.
Installed BetterBatteryStats and found out that the CPU never goes in deep sleep state. Anyone else got this problem, or has a fix for that?
Were you ever able to find the cause of this? I'm having the same issue. Full charge before bedtime, unplug and by morning, down to 80% with zero use!

_WiNNa_

Jun 14, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Were you ever able to find the cause of this? I'm having the same issue. Full charge before bedtime, unplug and by morning, down to 80% with zero use!
Seems qcom_rx_wakelock is the problem. There's a guide over here at XDA.
I've managed to find the file WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini (actually it's named qcom_cfg.ini in this rom) in /system/etc/firmware/wlan/ yesterday. But till now I didn't find the time to change the entries named in the guide, so I don't know whether it helps or not.

There will be one final crDroid build based on Android 11 e.g. Lineage 18.1 sources .. most probably in December or January.

Once Lineage 19.x and / crDroid are ready for Android 12 I will make crDroid 12 builds.
But like today for 11 .. no monthly builds .. just from time to time.

Cheers
Oh, you are even going to jump to A12... that's even greater than expected, wth!
Thank you so much!

Reactions: followmsi

_WiNNa_

Jun 14, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1

Seems qcom_rx_wakelock is the problem. There's a guide over here at XDA.
I've managed to find the file WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini (actually it's named qcom_cfg.ini in this rom) in /system/etc/firmware/wlan/ yesterday. But till now I didn't find the time to change the entries named in the guide, so I don't know whether it helps or not.
So I've managed to find some time to change the entries in qcom_cfg.ini yesterday in the evening.
Some entries already had these parameters some don't, but I've changed the entries which already hasn't.
At first (a few hours after rebooting) I thought there is no change in battery drain (deep sleep still not present), but this morning i recognized less battery drain over night and deep sleep was really working.
So for me it seems to work! :)

May 1, 2021
so for lineage-19.0-20211113-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip, which gapps do you recommend using, full size or

STOCK of NikGApps android 12 version current for using with it or do you recommend other gapps than version, just trying to find which version is the most stable with this lineage 19.0, I got it install, and am downloading one of the NIKGApps right now to test with it, also yes the blutooth seems to be working for my bluetooth headphones, I have not tested that much of my blutooth devices yet, I have not tried my soundbar with it yet but I am guessing since my headphones work, my blutooth soundbar will also work maybe. also plan on trying google ebooks and see how stable that is too. I mainly use my device, to check facebook, use it for movies anywhere good for when the power does off and need entertainment , also use it for Ebooks besides my kindle device, also have a old Apple touch device I use for audiobooks also good when the power does off like its windly outside and they cut off the power like in the summer time around here.​

NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20211018-signed is the one that I have downloaded and plan to test first with twrp , I just installed lineage 19.0 and boot it, I am back in twrp and plan to install a working version of NikGapps, I had to search for Gapps that work with android 12, I am guessing that the best version for using at this time?

May 1, 2021
ok Android System Intelligence keeps stopping errors with lineage-19.0 and full versuib if NikGapps, but so far thats the only error I have gotten with Full version of NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20211018-signed installed
on lineage-19.0-20211113-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip installed. I don't have Magisk-v22.1 install I don't no if that would keep it from crashing or not on my SM-T580 device.

I went into the App info for Android System Intelligence and Disabled it, I don't no if thats need or not for android 12, if there is any reason to renable it or a patch to keep it from stopping please go ahead and write me back about it, otherwise for now I keep it disabled.

stuff like Screen Lock to set to pin, can make it crash I had to type it a few times to get it to take its settings. something crashes with it. I did not yet try to set it to pattern but I am guessing the same problem may happen.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021
getting the device to work on the pc with data access to either the main internal drive or SD drive doesn't seem to be working on this build outside of twrp mode, I tried turning on developer mode and made use the USB settings were turned on, but windows 11 doesn't seem to be seeing the androids hard drives, when connected to it in android 12, it does again work if you boot into twrp boot loader, just not the android OS itself, any ideas what I need to do to get windows 11 to see the hard drives on it? also pattern mode seems to crash less, I had to type the pin in a few times, and I switch it to pattern mode seems to be more stable on this build. doing updates to My apps and games some Gapps have updates, I am guessing either that will make it more stable or less from google play store items that say there are 19 or more updates to the Gapps, a few of them already downloaded and installed

also is Magisk-v22.1 optional or needed, since I have yet to install it on my device?

Last edited:

RichyE

Oct 12, 2012
Heerlen
I have used nikgapps omni and that doesn't give an error.
Until now happyt with the build for what I use it for.
Only the lock screen is always in vertical mode and sometimes need 3 logins to go thru the main screen

May 1, 2021
any problems charging the device from a computers USB drive while using lineage-19.0 , also error message saying the SD drive is missing when its not when you go to the settings for it its there and either formated for system access or tranfering between drives access, but on lockscreen its missing, also turned off pattern lockscreen, one of my white charging cables was not working correctly, when the device is off the battery was draining more than charging I will have to try another version of either lineage or another one since Battery usage was happening while the device is off and should of been charging, I do have a wall plug for it, but I like to use my desktop to charge it, and while its turned on it say charging is set to slow mode from usb to computer useage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid v8.1

The crDroid team fixed their bootanmiation and merged a lof of other changes ..

crDroidAndroid-12.0-20220117-gtaxlwifi-v8.1.zip

Changes:
    - AOSP January 2022 updates
    - Fix to improve Bluetooth switching on/off
    - Latest kernel changes for SM-T580 -> Thanks to @TALUAtXDA !
    - Latest crDroid & LineageOS changes

Enjoy Android 12 (y)
    lineage-19.0 - BETA

Another "early" build ..

lineage-19.0-20220111-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- AOSP January 2022 updates
    - Latest LineageOS changes
    - Latest kernel changes for SM-T580

Plenty of lineage customizations / settings / bugfixes are still missing !

Enjoy Android 12 !
    Thank you so much @followmsi for keeping crDroid alive!

I'm flashing the 7.13 build after a patient wait since 7.9... which demonstrated to be a very solid build btw :)

p.s. Google drive links saved me again, unfortunately androidfilehost isn't as reliable as the servers in mountain view! XD
    Does it work on SM-T585 if I install TWRP T585, i dont need the LTE, but plsss
    yes I tested on my sm-t585
    lineage-19.0-20220111 works successfully, Thank you
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroidAndroid-12.0-20220117-gtaxlwifi-v8.1.zip

There will be no builds for SM-T585 (gtaxllte) this time !
    We do not own any 585 devices and we will not work on any SM-T585 builds.
    But you can install the 580 (WiFi) builds onto 585 (LTE) devices as well.
    The ROM installer has been changed to allow installation onto 585 devices too.
    Of course, all Mobile stuff (LTE) will not work. GPS and Vibration will not work due to different hardware.

crDroid Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

INSTALLATION:
    1. Boot into TWRP recovery (3.6.0_9-0)
    2. Wipe system and do factory reset in TWRP (format /data if encrypted)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. Install Gapps
    5. install Magisk.apk (Tested with version 23.0)
    6. Reboot into system

TWRP:
    Pls use latest official version ..
    https://dl.twrp.me/gtaxlwifi/

DOWNLOADS:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289836
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZ4DZ1wN8dpY-AnJhCirr6RsL02PVMrE
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289289 (Archive -> GTAXLWIFI)
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289291 (Archive -> GTAXLLTE)

SOURCES:
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/gtaxl-lineage-18.1

There will be no regular updates .. just some builds from time to time !

Thanks to ..
    @TALUAtXDA for all his work and continuous improvements !
    @Valera1978 for all his work in the past !
    crDroidAndroid Team

Enjoy .. :p
    LineageOS 18.0 - December 2020

lineage-18.0-20201210-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> December 2020
    - Various kernel updates -> Thanks to @TALUAtXDA !
    - Hack to improve Video Calls in various apps.
    - Moved/Changed overlays for Android 11
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes

Enjoy :)
    It's time for a new build ..

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210415-gtaxlwifi-v7.5.zip

Changes:
    - Google Security updates -> April 2021
    - Latest device and kernel changes for gtaxlwifi
    - Backport of Wifi-Display (Miracast) for Android 11
    - Latest crDroid changes for Android 11

Pls install Gapps and Magisk manually.

This is an "one time build" .. there will be no regular updates for crDroid.

New release for 20210407

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VIlQ1tNkoSrSKlAJL88bemgchzsQ5C1l/

As was always planned, since I've moved onto 18.1, from now on, I'm going to be releasing new 18.1 builds. A new thread for my builds will be made slightly later on. My build can be installed on top of @followmsi's builds as usual without doing anything further.

Changelog (from @followmsi's last build):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS. The crashes that occurred when setting a new wallpaper that were discussed earlier in this thread appear to have been fixed.
    • Merges of the latest changes from AOSP, including the 20210405 security updates, have been picked to skip the wait for them to be merged. (repopick -t android-11.0.0_r34)
    • The same workaround that was used on 17.1 to get USB tethering and Bluetooth internet access sharing to work has been forward-ported and applied.
    • vintf manifest override enforcement is now enabled.
    • The vendor/lib[64]/egl/libGLES_mali.so blobs are now symlinked to vendor/lib[64]/vulkan.exynos5.so, rather than copied to vendor/lib[64]/hw/vulkan.exynos5.so - This is a proper fix for Vulkan support.
    • RSA key verification for ADB is enabled again, and ADB isn't enabled by default and on boot anymore.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    Enjoy.
    LineageOS 18.1 - February 2021

lineage-18.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> February 2021
    - Hack to fix "reboot recovery" from Lineage reboot menu.
    - Various kernel updates
    - Hack to fix Video/MP4 recording duration bug !
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Tested with open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210130-TEST.zip and Magisk 21.4 using twrp-3.5.0_9-0-gtaxlwifi for installation !

Thanks to @TALUAtXDA for all his work !