[ROM][SM-T580][UNOFFICIAL][64-Bit] LineageOS 18.1 -> 2021-02-06

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
Thx Devs!
Dirty upgraded coming from lineage-17.1-20210116-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip w Gapps (nano) and Magisk.
First thing I noticed is that Wifi was still on after reboot
What's (still as with above) not working for me is IR.
IR Plus complains that it can't find any IR device

Last edited:
Reactions: followmsi

Sx64

Aug 27, 2018
... I ended up in an unrecoverable hang on boot (boot logo, indefinitely).....

It took me a while, but I finally managed to get back into TWRP
How do you did this. I have after
wipe system and do factory reset, Install ROM, install Gapps + plugs, install Magisk.zip 21.4
6. Reboot into system
an endless boot animation. Power button doesn't work.

JimDandy68

Feb 6, 2012
How do you did this. I have after
wipe system and do factory reset, Install ROM, install Gapps + plugs, install Magisk.zip 21.4
6. Reboot into system
an endless boot animation. Power button doesn't work.
I'm sorry to say I don' t fully remember, but I think it invovled both Odin and using key combinations on the tablet. I have it in a beefy case that makes buttons a little diffiult to engage, so I think I ultimately took it out to be able to boot to TWRP using Home + Power + Volume Up. The key combinations do seem to force a restart, even if you can't do it with just the power button. I know that Home + Power + Volume Down was working to get me into Download mode, so at that point, I think you could use Odin to reflash everything and start over.

Sx64

Aug 27, 2018
Finally, for me works to push all buttons together (Power + Volume Up + Volume down + Home) than the Tab restarts. After that fast switching to Power + Volume Up + Home starts TWRP boot. After that flashed again. My fault was a wrong version of a gapps plugin.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
LineageOS 18.1 - February 2021

lineage-18.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> February 2021
- Hack to fix "reboot recovery" from Lineage reboot menu.
- Various kernel updates
- Hack to fix Video/MP4 recording duration bug !
- Patched framework/base to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Tested with open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210130-TEST.zip and Magisk 21.4 using twrp-3.5.0_9-0-gtaxlwifi for installation !

Thanks to @TALUAtXDA for all his work !

Enjoy :)

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
Dirty upgraded coming from lineage-17.1-20210116-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip w Gapps (nano) and Magisk.
First thing I noticed is that Wifi was still on after reboot
Update from lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip w Nikgapps to lineage-18.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip resulted in infinite looping boot logo, though having cleared cache and dalvik/cache.

Next (successful) try was to wipe system as well installing LOS 18.1 again together with Opengaps 11 test nano. System came up with airplane mode enabaled and I couldn't establish a Wifi connection even after disabling airplane mode.
It needed another reboot and yet another one to install magisk.

Now everything looks O.K. again.

Reactions: okij

ar0177417

Aug 11, 2017
Update from lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip w Nikgapps to lineage-18.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-gtaxlwifi.zip resulted in infinite looping boot logo, though having cleared cache and dalvik/cache.

Next (successful) try was to wipe system as well installing LOS 18.1 again together with Opengaps 11 test nano. System came up with airplane mode enabaled and I couldn't establish a Wifi connection even after disabling airplane mode.
It needed another reboot and yet another one to install magisk.

Now everything looks O.K. again.
It happens with nikgapps

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
@followmsi hi, first of all thanks for you work and for keeping this device still alive. overall performance it's very good and no bugs noticed so far. but excuse me if i ask you this, i promise that i won't bother you or create off-topic. i see that also other users asked for the lte variant, but you said that you won't build for them. i'm one among these that would like to get an variant for the lte version. i want tell you clearly that i dont use sim feature, but i'd really like to have only the gps working! i'm ready to test any build, experimental too, if you gonna build it, and i can then tell you if gps featuer is work or not. i really apprecciate your work, so if u could only make an test build for this device, i'd be really glad. thanks!