[ROM]SM-T800-StockLollipop-TESTERS NEEDED

Search This thread

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hello All!
I'm back to bring out a new Galaxy Tab S Stock Lollipop ROM. As before, I don't have this device so I will need testers who are willing to help out! :D

If you decide to flash and help out, remember that this is a beta! I take no responsiblity for any broken devices or anything of the sort.

BETA 5.4 - NEWEST
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYekNMcURHLVF4X1k/view?usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
SM-T800 Lollipop ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
Shaheer
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 5.4
Beta Release Date: 2015-03-29

Created 2015-03-27
Last Updated 2015-03-29

Last edited:

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Alright, so if I am not mistaken to install these new lollipop custom roms, users need to have already installed stock lollipop? Am I correct? :D

I am asking so that I may add this to the OP because I can not test this myself as I don't have the tablet. ;)

PS: Beta 1 will have basic small things that I will need to test such first such as root, as I would not like to move forward with bigger things until I tackle the bigger things such as Aroma and debloating.

Last edited:
Reactions: trazfer

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013
Alright, so if I am not mistaken to install these new lollipop custom roms, users need to have already installed stock lollipop? Am I correct? :D

I am asking so that I may add this to the OP because I can not test this myself as I don't have the tablet. ;)

PS: Beta 1 will have basic small things that I will need to test such first such as root, as I would not like to move forward with bigger things until I tackle the bigger things such as Aroma and debloating.

I can confirm you need lollipop bootloader. Can do this by flashing stock firmware through odin, re rooting then can flash new rom on twrp

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Uploading Beta 1 right now. Fingers crossed that it flashes and boots up :D

Things to check for:
-See if it flashes :D
-Check for root (See if a root app works)
-Check for working Wi-Fi
-Check for Google Play Store downloading/updating apps
Please let me know of any errors :)

Last edited:

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013

Things to check for:
-Check for working Wi-Fi

Running now. Boots fine. Wi-Fi works. No errors on play store after installing couple things. But supersu isn't working. Doesn't come up with promt screen. Same problem as ironrom

Reactions: trazfer

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Last edited:

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
I had found a strange thing I flashed the rom with gapps then flashed Super Su and set up my tab as normal. I then opened SuperSu which seemed normal, tested T-backup which showed I had root then I used root checker which said I didn't. Look forward to testing beta 2

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
I had found a strange thing I flashed the rom with gapps then flashed Super Su and set up my tab as normal. I then opened SuperSu which seemed normal, tested T-backup which showed I had root then I used root checker which said I didn't. Look forward to testing beta 2

Wow, that's something you got there. So T-Backup is showing root is fine but root check isn't :confused:

UPDATE: Beta 2 is uploaded and link is added to the OP. :D

Last edited:

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
Beta 2 What to look for:
Check to make sure it flashes properly :p
Check for root
Check for working wi-fi
Any issues, please report :D

Ok just dirty flashed over beta 1 and beta 2 flashes ok I opened Supersu and was directed to flash update via twrp which I did and once my tab restarted I checked root and root is present and wifi works just fine.

Last edited:

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Ok just dirty flashed over beta 1 and beta 2 flashes ok I open Supersu and was directed to flash update via twrp which I did and once my tab restarted I checked root and root is present and wifi works just fine.

Awesome!!! If you don't mind, just to confirm if clean flashing beta 2 does the same result, could you please try clean flashing it as well? I'd really appreciate that :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All!
    I'm back to bring out a new Galaxy Tab S Stock Lollipop ROM. As before, I don't have this device so I will need testers who are willing to help out! :D

If you decide to flash and help out, remember that this is a beta! I take no responsiblity for any broken devices or anything of the sort.

BETA 5.4 - NEWEST
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYekNMcURHLVF4X1k/view?usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
    SM-T800 Lollipop ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    Shaheer
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 5.4
    Beta Release Date: 2015-03-29

Created 2015-03-27
    Last Updated 2015-03-29
    Beta 4

Beta 4 is uploading :)

Changelog:
    -Worked on debloating - Removed lots of unnecessary apks
    -Reduced file size - about 840mb
    -Added crossbreeder for increased performance
    -Added a lot of build.prop tweaks for battery saving

Hopefully it flashes and works :D

Next Beta:
    -Aroma Installer (Hopefully)
    -More debloating
    -Some more mods
    Ok, clean flashed went well exactly the same as a dirty flash, root and wifi working just fine.

Perfect!! Now, I can move onto the bigger parts such as Aroma and debloating. Beta 4 should be uploaded by tomorrow or so, possibly today ;)

Things to check for:
    -Check for working Wi-Fi

Running now. Boots fine. Wi-Fi works. No errors on play store after installing couple things. But supersu isn't working. Doesn't come up with promt screen. Same problem as ironrom
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone