[ROM][SM-T820][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20200211

Search This thread

Wilsoncelf

Jan 14, 2016
Anyone else having trouble with Netflix app? I couldn't find it in Play Store, so I downloaded the apk, but keeps crashing. Also, no stereo speakers. Everything else working perfectly and smooth

NullCode

Nov 29, 2017
Dhaka
Man only if I had about 600 gigs of storage to be able to build a ROM. The amount of storage I have is BARELY enough to make 2 recoveries with minimal sources. Well today I compiled both OrangeFox Recovery AND Pitch Black Recovery for my SM-J210F with a device tree I extracted and made myself. Critical problem is that OrangeFox doesn't fit in recovery partition (too bad) so I can't test it and Pitch Black flashes but shows "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING". If anybody could teach me the ways of the Jedi I could try compiling both those recoveries for the Tab S3 and make it public.

OK I have successfully compiled and flashed Pitch Black Recovery Project to the Samsung Galaxy J2 2016. It runs flawlessly but is SUPER slow (because of the horrendously low RAM I guess) and the touch is kind of sucky. So I will try to compile Pitch Black for the Tab S3 now.

Attachments

• PBRP.png
    PBRP.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 98
  • pbrp1.png
    pbrp1.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

NullCode

Nov 29, 2017
Dhaka
"PitchBlack TWRP is not yet supported for landscape_hdpi resolution variant. 11:33:23 ckati failed with: exit status 1"

Guess Pitchblack Recovery is a no-go.

Last edited:

NullCode

Nov 29, 2017
Dhaka
Palm rejection on this latest build?

mmm no. Since Valera has sorta stopped working on the Tab S3, he/she still hasn't updated/tried to fix the vendor tree. And because of this, none of the bugs I've experienced are fixed. Alex only does security patches as of now, and none of us are capable enough to debug a device & vendor tree.

Noerden

Mar 6, 2012
I have a 820, which became slow with Stock rom, and bad battery drain.
I have tried this one several times, but it's stock in bootloop, with Lineage loge keep animating.
I have installed "[ROM] SM-T820 TWEAKED.........................[rom] sm-t820 tweaked." without problems.
But i would like to have a rom, without Samsung bloatware, and minimum Google services.

How are your rooting "routine"?
And have you experienced boot loop?
In the proces i have also loaded original stock rom, before starting alle over.

Last edited:

bmwdroid

Mar 8, 2014
I have installed "[ROM] SM-T820 TWEAKED.........................[rom] sm-t820 tweaked." without problems.
But i would like to have a rom, without Samsung bloatware, and minimum Google services..... .
Little bit OT:
The tweaked ROM can be manually debloated further by yourself.
That's at least what I did (in Linux) for my T825.
Got rid of a lot more Samsung stuff.

bmwdroid

Mar 8, 2014
Thanks.
But i guess that involves some work with ADB.
I must see if I can get time to do this.
Not at all.
Opened the zip file with arc manager and deleted some apks.
Just had to test if I got rid of some which are needed by the ROM.
So I've flashed several times.

slowgrind

Oct 20, 2005
Hi,

How to adapt this lineage-17.1-20200829-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi for gts3llte? I have changed updater-script but device reboots to 'high speed odin mode' and nothing else happens?

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "gts3llte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "gts3llte" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: gts3lwifi; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
ui_print("Target: samsung/gts3lwifixx/gts3lwifi:9/PPR1.180610.011/T820XXU3CSH9:user/release-keys");
package_extract_dir("install", "/tmp/install");
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644);
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install/bin", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0755);
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "backup", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "ext4");
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
show_progress(0.900000, 0);
block_image_update("/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat") ||
abort("E1001: Failed to update system image.");
show_progress(0.020000, 10);
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "restore", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "ext4");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.100000, 10);
set_progress(1.000000);

AlpacaDev

Aug 25, 2020
No!
Hi,

How to adapt this lineage-17.1-20200829-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi for gts3llte? I have changed updater-script but device reboots to 'high speed odin mode' and nothing else happens?

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "gts3llte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "gts3llte" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: gts3lwifi; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
ui_print("Target: samsung/gts3lwifixx/gts3lwifi:9/PPR1.180610.011/T820XXU3CSH9:user/release-keys");
package_extract_dir("install", "/tmp/install");
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644);
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install/bin", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0755);
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "backup", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "ext4");
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
show_progress(0.900000, 0);
block_image_update("/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat") ||
abort("E1001: Failed to update system image.");
show_progress(0.020000, 10);
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "restore", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "ext4");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.100000, 10);
set_progress(1.000000);

It's only for WiFi model and I don't know what you mean by adapt? I'd need to do a whole new build for the LTE model (Maybe)

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
It's only for WiFi model and I don't know what you mean by adapt? I'd need to do a whole new build for the LTE model (Maybe)
Please, could you build it for the LTE model? I desperately need something else apart the slow stock ROM that I'm starting to hate, and I'm very interested in your ROM, but I can't even try it since it's only for the wifi model :crying:
Please, I know I'm begging, but don't forget us, the LTE users :)

AlpacaDev

Aug 25, 2020
No!
Please, could you build it for the LTE model? I desperately need something else apart the slow stock ROM that I'm starting to hate, and I'm very interested in your ROM, but I can't even try it since it's only for the wifi model :crying:
Please, I know I'm begging, but don't forget us, the LTE users :)

I'm literally trying to but I'm new to building and I can't get it to run with Python 2.7
Besides I have college that's why nothing will be on time or consistent.
(Once I have a working build environment then they should be monthly)

(I'm also building for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, and Moto G 2014 LTE.)

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
I'm literally trying to but I'm new to building and I can't get it to run with Python 2.7
Besides I have college that's why nothing will be on time or consistent.
(Once I have a working build environment then they should be monthly)

(I'm also building for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, and Moto G 2014 LTE.)

If you want you can tell me how you did it on the wifi model and maybe I can help you; I was trying to build LineageOS 18 (Android 11) for the LTE version by repo syncing with LineageOS 18 and Valera's sources (he also explained in his github how to do) on my openSUSE Tumbleweed installation (Linux) but I got stuck at the proprietary blobs part with extract-files.sh
Now I changed to another Linux distro (Arch Linux), and I have more free time, so I'd be glad to know how you did it specially with that part :)

slowgrind

Oct 20, 2005
If you want you can tell me how you did it on the wifi model and maybe I can help you; I was trying to build LineageOS 18 (Android 11) for the LTE version by repo syncing with LineageOS 18 and Valera's sources (he also explained in his github how to do) on my openSUSE Tumbleweed installation (Linux) but I got stuck at the proprietary blobs part with extract-files.sh
Now I changed to another Linux distro (Arch Linux), and I have more free time, so I'd be glad to know how you did it specially with that part :)

But what is exact difference between WIFI and LTE models? Both have Wifi, file structure supposed to be the same? Some sort of certificates etc?

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
But what is exact difference between WIFI and LTE models? Both have Wifi, file structure supposed to be the same? Some sort of certificates etc?

Yes, both have wifi, but the LTE model as the name says supports mobile data, and also I think the CSC and modem firmware are different

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019

Yes, both have wifi, but the LTE model as the name says supports mobile data, and also I think the CSC and modem firmware are different

slowgrind

Oct 20, 2005

SM-T825 LTE should work with the same firmware as SM-T820 WIFI version, for example if mobile 3g/4g connection is not required. Some Samsung firmware surgeon could shed some light into this.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone