[ROM][SM-T820][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20200211

Search This thread

NullCode

• SM-T825 LTE should work with the same firmware as SM-T820 WIFI version, for example if mobile 3g/4g connection is not required. Some Samsung firmware surgeon could shed some light into this.

well like Alpaca said, the firmware of the 820 and 825 are very different. Even though there are basically no differences (other than RIL), Samsung might have totally changed the file structure and added 10k more symlinks to support the modem and RIL and integrate it with the kernel properly. Only God knows what it actually is

Last edited:

iGamerProYT

May 6, 2020

PaulieP

Jul 23, 2007
    20200829 Build- thanks!

Noticed still only 2 speakers instead of 4, also no Atmos.
    For all 4 speakers, what are the likely files we need to pull from factory image?
    For Atmos, other than the SoundAlive directory, what else is probably necessary for Atmos (AudioEFX? And what else?).

Thanks

NullCode

• 20200829 Build- thanks!

Noticed still only 2 speakers instead of 4, also no Atmos.
    For all 4 speakers, what are the likely files we need to pull from factory image?
    For Atmos, other than the SoundAlive directory, what else is probably necessary for Atmos (AudioEFX? And what else?).

Thanks

yeah you don't necessarily need Atmos. You can just flash Viper4Android and it does a MUCH better job than Atmos (not beginner friendly though).

Also about the 4 speaker problem I was wondering too, maybe we need more vendor blobs from a working Tab S3 (which I don't have since I hard-bricked mine).

gerega

Jul 12, 2012
    Oh, okay, I consider a ROM that is maintained in such an unregular basis as this one as dead.

But actually I can live with that! The Tab S3 still is a great tablet for Android pen lovers.

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
    Oh, okay, I consider a ROM that is maintained in such an unregular basis as this one as dead.

But actually I can live with that! The Tab S3 still is a great tablet for Android pen lovers.

I'm a pen lover, but this tablet, even with the debloated custom One UI, runs like ****. I'll never buy a Samsung tablet again.
    Also, if you give me a month or two, I will be able to get my new PC and then (maybe, if everything is fine) build LineageOS 18 or Evolution X 5.0 for this tablet (with Valera's tutorial). What I'm not sure though is 1) if the build even boots up and works, and 2) if the same issues will still be there.
    The other day I tried to compile LOS 18 but it didn't work, then I realized I had only 2 GB of RAM and that they just weren't enough haha. But once I'll have my PC, I will do it with 16-32 GB of RAM.

NullCode

• I'm a pen lover, but this tablet, even with the debloated custom One UI, runs like ****. I'll never buy a Samsung tablet again.
    Also, if you give me a month or two, I will be able to get my new PC and then (maybe, if everything is fine) build LineageOS 18 or Evolution X 5.0 for this tablet (with Valera's tutorial). What I'm not sure though is 1) if the build even boots up and works, and 2) if the same issues will still be there.
    The other day I tried to compile LOS 18 but it didn't work, then I realized I had only 2 GB of RAM and that they just weren't enough haha. But once I'll have my PC, I will do it with 16-32 GB of RAM.

Oh BTW, you just can't build a new version of Android with the device tree of the older firmware. AlaskaLinuxUser does have videos on upgrading device tree to support newer android versions, but they are outdated and are not that possible in our tablet (since AKLU steals things from other devices with the same specs and upgrades his trees with that).

Also in my humble opinion this tablet runs quite smooth with the extensive list of mods I had to do to OneUI (and lose SafetyNet in the process... but its a good trade-off) on top of rory's debloated OneUI. Yeah not that friendly for a beginner but hey it works sort of

Last edited:
    Jun 14, 2018
    Oh BTW, you just can't build a new version of Android with the device tree of the older firmware. AlaskaLinuxUser does have videos on upgrading device tree to support newer android versions, but they are outdated and are not that possible in our tablet (since AKLU steals things from other devices with the same specs and upgrades his trees with that).

Also in my humble opinion this tablet runs quite smooth with the extensive list of mods I had to do to OneUI (and lose SafetyNet in the process... but its a good trade-off) on top of rory's debloated OneUI. Yeah not that friendly for a beginner but hey it works sort of

I don't really care to update this tablet anymore with the current Los version I'm fine with it, I just want to find a way to enable onscreen nav keys and I'm all good.

NullCode

• I don't really care to update this tablet anymore with the current Los version I'm fine with it, I just want to find a way to enable onscreen nav keys and I'm all good.

Not everyone has the same thought process. Most devs like to drain as much life as possible from an old device, so that the price we paid for it cancels out w/ how much we have used it. I share this mentality and as such I am taking lessons on ROM development to try to get more versions out of our Tab [my tab is being JTAG flashed at the moment because of how hard I messed it up].

Now, this is how you will get navbars on AOSP [but it will void Safetynet]:

Root the tab
    Install Build.Prop editor
    After installing, open it and create a new value
    Paste in this: qemu.hw.mainkeys and value is 0
    Then press OK and reboot
    Now you should see the navbar options in settings

Like always, hit thanks if i helped [no you HAVE to hit thanks] [joking btw]

Neo3D

Jan 2, 2008
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
    Well, after reflashing the device behaved different and now it´s working ok. I don´t know what really happened in the first flash.
    What I see is (vía Google Truts) that this compiled LOS ROM has no enabled SELinux...... ¿? Not sure exactly why.

Damn, damn, damn, damn..... :(
    After flashing this ROM I see that the terrible wifi fail happens. The wifi transfer rate drops to zero for almost 1 o 2 minutes.
    Sadly ROM unusable :( :(

Is SELinux disabled in this ROM? Isn't SELinux Enforcing mode a hard requirement for LOS ROMs?

How did this ROM slip out with it disabled?

Jun 14, 2018
    Not everyone has the same thought process. Most devs like to drain as much life as possible from an old device, so that the price we paid for it cancels out w/ how much we have used it. I share this mentality and as such I am taking lessons on ROM development to try to get more versions out of our Tab [my tab is being JTAG flashed at the moment because of how hard I messed it up].

Now, this is how you will get navbars on AOSP [but it will void Safetynet]:

Root the tab
    Install Build.Prop editor
    After installing, open it and create a new value
    Paste in this: qemu.hw.mainkeys and value is 0
    Then press OK and reboot
    Now you should see the navbar options in settings

Like always, hit thanks if i helped [no you HAVE to hit thanks] [joking btw]

Bro, android 10 is write only, to enable navbars with this method i would need write access to the root files to this device, it will have to have been enabled within the kernel of this rom when write access is not available. Im looking for a viable exploit to that and that requires either some good hacking or advanced adb skills or an outreach to the rom developer to enable this natively so no... no thank you.

NullCode

• Bro, android 10 is write only, to enable navbars with this method i would need write access to the root files to this device, it will have to have been enabled within the kernel of this rom when write access is not available. Im looking for a viable exploit to that and that requires either some good hacking or advanced adb skills or an outreach to the rom developer to enable this natively so no... no thank you.

ok I have finished my 5 minutes of research, AND android ten is read-only, yes
    BUT I saw in XDA threads that you can mount Lineage OS system r/w and do whatever you want
    This is the thread im talking about
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel/help/mount-rw-android-10-magisk-20-4-t4081043/page2

linuxdep

May 22, 2013
    😭
    i had hopped to find an Android 10 for this tab...
    so i must wait for samsung... or is it easy to build newer versions? I like this tab wis pen.

brandonoh777

Mar 27, 2015
    what does it mean when it just does this.... for over an hr? its like the post screen i think? (what used to flash android att etc) some have said 1st boot up after flashing the custom rom can take up to 10 mins but its been this way for almost an hr...its moving its not frozen or anything it just wont ever go past this....

Attachments

• tabs3 2.jpg
      tabs3 2.jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 8
    • tabs3 1.jpg
      tabs3 1.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures