[ROM][SM-T820][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20200211

Search This thread

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
@JordanBleu hi,
how do you find out the correct version for Samsung Galaxy tab S3 SM-T820?
On the site they have several versions but I cant figure the correct one for this device (that appply for both; Havoc and Descendant).
Thanks

Hi!.
If you already "trebelice" your tab (making it compatible with Treble and these ROMs) you have to search for ARM64 A-Only ROMs, otherwise it won't work.
But if you can I'll suggest you to wait until tomorrow, because I'm testing a ROM I ported to the Tab S3 (both T820 and T825) and it's Evolution X 4.4.

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
I think I'll install it as my daily driver

What doesn't work:
- Screen rotating
- 4 speakers (only 2)
- Dolby Atmos
- Camera is buggy
- The pen isn't recognized and doesn't have palm rejection
- The ROM itself isn't very stable (from what other people said, sometimes it even bootloops)

What works :
Almost everything else (but I'm not very sure).

But, consider that this ROM is already abandoned (even OP doesn't update it, the latest update being from February....)
If you want some good and stable ROMs, I highly recommend you the Tweaked ROMs, they're stock roms, but highly debloated and deknoxed, and it works pretty fast on my Tab S3.

Last edited:

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks

What doesn't work:
- Screen rotating
- 4 speakers (only 2)
- Dolby Atmos
- Camera is buggy
- The pen isn't recognized and doesn't have palm rejection
- The ROM itself isn't very stable (from what other people said, sometimes it even bootloops)

What works :
Almost everything else (but I'm not very sure).

But, consider that this ROM is already abandoned (even OP doesn't update it, the latest update being from February....)
If you want some good and stable ROMs, I highly recommend you the Tweaked ROMs, they're stock roms, but highly debloated and deknoxed, and it works pretty fast on my Tab S3.

I'll check it out, thanks. Op, please update the ROM or warn the others that's its unstable on the original message. Thanks anyways and good luck

ChristianTruee

Nov 27, 2016
New ROM-Release?

Hi,
if there any chance for a new release of a kernel? The current one dated from February 2020.

My Tab works slow and therefore I have the feeling there is something wrong with memory handling and or some special missing settings.

Maybe I done some mistakes while installation, but I follow the the documentation step by step. Any advise to solve that issue?

Thanks

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
Uh nice - thanks Valera! Any chance you can add your manifest? I would like to try building Android once myself.

Is it possible to build without manifest? I'm trying out building this myself for the security updates, and if all goes well maybe I'll even pop a link o it here on the forum. This my first time tho:confused:

Edit I'm building now I found instructions thanks OP

Last edited:

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
Hello the ROM is very stable but the top two speakers are registered as an earpiece. Can anyone show me how to change them to loud speakers? Also mic no working...

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
What GSI do you recomend???

It seems like not.
I advise you to "trebelice" your Tab S3 if you really want a good ROM instead of this, at least with GSIs almost all seems to work.
Anyway this LineageOS will never be updated, because suddenly Valera abandoned the Tab S3 on the profit of the Tab A series, so don't expect a lot about this guy...
It's better a good GSI that at least will be updated, than an outdated and unofficial thing that is this ****ty ROM.

I can only boot phh treble android 9. I followed valeras instructions! And this boots while telling me that there is a problem with my device, and fingerprint doesnt work

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
What does work and what doesn't on your version?
Same issues as original build except camera is not detected for some reason. I am not a dev, anyone who can fix ANY problem link your source, and I will make build with that source instead. If it's fully stable, it will be an awesome rom. If no-one offers to help however, this build Weill never be good unless a future version of Los fixes it. Again please help, or send advice. Thanks. Anyways, security-wise you will be just fine because I'll build it every month untill Los 18 comes out, and then (hopefully) Valera returns to make Los 18 and make it stable. Or else I'll try and hopefully be assisted

Last edited:

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
Same issues as original build except camera is not detected for some reason. I am not a dev, anyone who can fix ANY problem link your source, and I will make build with that source instead. If it's fully stable, it will be an awesome rom. If no-one offers to help however, this build Weill never be good unless a future version of Los fixes it. Again please help, or send advice. Thanks. Anyways, security-wise you will be just fine because I'll build it every month untill Los 18 comes out, and then (hopefully) Valera returns to make Los 18 and make it stable. Or else I'll try and hopefully be assisted

I may say a stupidity because I don't know a lot of how to build ROMs but, is it possible with the manifests to port another ROM to this amazing tablet? Like HavocOS or Evolution X?.
Maybe using another ROM could eventually fix some problems.
I'm unfortunately not a big help for you, but I was trying (in an easy way for beginners, because I'm new in all that stuff of porting) to port the latest version of TWRP, I'll try it first and if it works then I would be really glad to help you at least with the recovery! :)

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks! Yeah I have my fingers crossed for lineage 18 to fix stuff but that is not going to happen. The bugs are on the vendor side aka Valera's code. Noone else has a manifest. And they are all based on AOSP so I'm very doubtful. Since I don't know the first thing about coding I am hoping lots of people will develop stuff such as recovery ROMs and cool projects. Together, this tablet can be made into something truly awesome.

I'm just glad that Valera made this all possible. Sure it could be a lot better, but let's be honest, you can get even android 11(probably). For exploring features, this is always nice.

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
we cant do anything, no developers here...
best thing is a donation, to some of lineage top guns, tab or money to bring us this.

Last edited:

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
If you could find a working four speaker device which works, we could merge it with valeras tree and boom working speakers. Agin I probably don’t know what I’m saying.
Edit Anyone can extract the speakers section if tab s5e? And maybe the microphone section from s6 phone or s7 phone? Once this is done and it’s fully stable, we can make it official! And once the vendor side is done we can get every version of android as long as LOS exists yay

Last edited:

vegych

Jan 25, 2018
If you could find a working four speaker device which works, we could merge it with valeras tree and boom working speakers. Agin I probably don’t know what I’m saying.
Edit Anyone can extract the speakers section if tab s5e? And maybe the microphone section from s6 phone or s7 phone? Once this is done and it’s fully stable, we can make it official! And once the vendor side is done we can get every version of android as long as LOS exists yay

Here is a link to the rr build for s5e, there, according to the thread, all 4 speakers work
http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_S5e_(gts4lvwifi)(gts4lvlte)/
Now I will try assembling rr for tab s3, as far as I understand, only the print does not work there
upd. I just checked, 4 speakers are working on this rom

Last edited:

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
I will try copying audio see if anything works!

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

If this works then we can even make it official

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone