[ROM][SM-T820][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q | 20200211

Search This thread

AlpacaDev

what does it mean when it just does this.... for over an hr? its like the post screen i think? (what used to flash android att etc) some have said 1st boot up after flashing the custom rom can take up to 10 mins but its been this way for almost an hr...its moving its not frozen or anything it just wont ever go past this....

Try formatting /data from within recovery.

LedgendaryEpics

Jun 14, 2018
Reactions: ysllan

iGamerProYT

May 6, 2020
[AlpacaDev said:]

I had server downtime, and my builds were unavailable. I'm now just hosting on GDrive.

Downloads Here!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E5pBRVSkHv-nc9pQ25DtAp4MwfOOgIwy

**You only need to flash the main ZIP (eg: "lineage-17.1-20200829-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi")**

I've been using this build since 29th Aug, and I've had no issues!
Okay. I just have a few questions. 1. Can audio only be played through 2 speakers? 2. Is the camera and mic functioning properly? 3. Is this build fully if not then partially stable?

obifur

Sep 29, 2016
Is this still an active development and any updates planned, probably regularly? I'm thinking about to buy one...
Thank for your work!

LedgendaryEpics

Jun 14, 2018
Okay. I just have a few questions. 1. Can audio only be played through 2 speakers? 2. Is the camera and mic functioning properly? 3. Is this build fully if not then partially stable?

only 2 speakers, camera works not sure about the mic,- build for the most part is stable ( but thats mostly due to android 10's internal restrictions like it being read only, so alot of the mods would either not stick, work perfectly fine, or maybe crash your tablet, but nothing major.

as far as updates, dude says hes in college rn and wont do anything consistently until his schedule opens back up and gets a new laptop, so well probably get security patches from time to time until then, maybe every 6 to 9 months or so...

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi,
I have already ask this question in the LOS16 forum a long time ago. But I am still having the same problem.
I have a Tab S3 (T825 - gts3llte). In 2018 I installed LineageOS 14.1 (Valera1978 build) without any problems. In 2019, I tried to install LineageOS 16 (also Valera1978 build), but without success. I was able to flash the ROM using TWRP and I got no error messages. Everything seemed fine. But when I tried to boot to system, I was only able to see the initial logo (the Samsung logo, not the LineageOS logo) for less than one second and then the device vibrated and the system tried to boot again and again and again.
Today, I tried to install LOS17 (also Valera1978 build - lineage-17.1-20200211-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte). I had the same problem. The system did not boot. The strange thing is that if I install the old LOS14.1, everything works again! Am I doomed to use LOS14.1 forever...?
Summing up: LOS14.1 works, but 15.1, 16.0 and 17.1 don't. Does someone have any idea why this may be happening?
I am using TWRP 3.2.1-1_ashyx.
What I don't understand is: if I am doing something wrong, why am I able to install LOS14.1 without any problems? (I have already tried everything, wipe this, wipe that, wipe everything, formata data, nothing helps; and, again, to install LOS14.1 I just wipe the usual suspects - factory reset - and everything works...)
Thank you for your help. I really would like to upgrade my system...

LedgendaryEpics

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,
I have already ask this question in the LOS16 forum a long time ago. But I am still having the same problem.
I have a Tab S3 (T825 - gts3llte). In 2018 I installed LineageOS 14.1 (Valera1978 build) without any problems. In 2019, I tried to install LineageOS 16 (also Valera1978 build), but without success. I was able to flash the ROM using TWRP and I got no error messages. Everything seemed fine. But when I tried to boot to system, I was only able to see the initial logo (the Samsung logo, not the LineageOS logo) for less than one second and then the device vibrated and the system tried to boot again and again and again.
Today, I tried to install LOS17 (also Valera1978 build - lineage-17.1-20200211-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte). I had the same problem. The system did not boot. The strange thing is that if I install the old LOS14.1, everything works again! Am I doomed to use LOS14.1 forever...?
Summing up: LOS14.1 works, but 15.1, 16.0 and 17.1 don't. Does someone have any idea why this may be happening?
What I don't understand is: if I am doing something wrong, why am I able to install LOS14.1 without any problems? (I have already tried everything, wipe this, wipe that, wipe everything, formata data, nothing helps; and, again, to install LOS14.1 I just wipe the usual suspects - factory reset - and everything works...)

Its your bootloader, flash a stock 9.0 bootloader for your device then use odin to flash twrp and from there flash encryption disabler and dm verity along with any magisk verson 20+ and you should be good to go, no gapps required.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy s8

LedgendaryEpics

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,

You can go to sam mobile or any third party site for one ui firmware, maybe someone will post a copy of their own in the thread. Just try for the earlier builds though, you never know when samsung will patch anything to prevent hacking and the like...

LedgendaryEpics

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,

Also these builds are kinda glitchy, im actually going to try stock one ui again or maybe the debloated version in the other thread... the guy compiling these builds i think is in college right now so he really only puts out security updates 1 to 2 times a year but might do more once he finishes...

BenG7

Jun 24, 2009
Its your bootloader, flash a stock 9.0 bootloader for your device then use odin to flash twrp and from there flash encryption disabler and dm verity along with any magisk verson 20+ and you should be good to go, no gapps required.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy s8

Hi @LedgendaryEpics and @paul_ramone

From what I have read, I think for Pie, you are supposed to flash
- RMM V3 bypass
- Dmverity and encryption patch
instead of the oreo-specific Tabs3_oreo_forced encryption_disabler (see here)

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi all,
Thank you very much for the fast replies! I have just downloaded the files and will try to flash the bootloader tonight. As far as I understood, I only have to flash the stock bootloader, not the entire stock rom, right? (and, after that, flash TWRP, encryption disabler, dm-verity, LOS and Magisk).
Thank you again for the helpful replies!

BenG7

Jun 24, 2009
Hi all,
Thank you very much for the fast replies! I have just downloaded the files and will try to flash the bootloader tonight. As far as I understood, I only have to flash the stock bootloader, not the entire stock rom, right? (and, after that, flash TWRP, encryption disabler, dm-verity, LOS and Magisk).
Thank you again for the helpful replies!

Look here (i'm editing the steps for your convinience but will not take any responsibility for these instructions - use at your own risk (you should always be alble to reinstall the latest stock with Odin and try again); this is what I did with my own tablet, knowing of the risks entailed...)

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode (POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN)

2. Flash pie bootloader with ODIN using the BL slot

3. Reboot to system

3. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode again

4. In Odin, uncheck Auto reboot in the Options tab (switch back to the Log tab to follow the flashing process)

5. Still in Odin, load the adequate twrp file (from the "here" link provided above) into the AP slot and hit Start.

6. Once flashing is completed and ODIN reports PASS, immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN AND as soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
You should have rebooted in TWRP recovery; failure to properly reboot to recovery here will result in stock recovery replacing TWRP at first boot
, meaning you need to start again from step 3

7. In twrp, install RMM V3 bypass (I di not reboot here + i did flash the patches in this order as I folloed the instructions here)

8. In twrp, install Dmverity and encryption patch

9. in twrp, format DATA using the *FORMAT DATA button* (where you are required to type "yes") under the wipe options - NOTE - THIS WILL WIPE ALL INTERNAL STORAGE!

10. Flash LOS (magisk is included)

11. Reboot to system - please give it time, it normally takes a few minutes + may also reboot by itself; please be patient

12. please report how you got on.

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi @BenG7 and @LedgendaryEpics,
Thank you very much for the help. It worked without any problems. I installed LOS17.1 and it is working perfectly!
If I may ask a further, completely unrelated question: I noticed that this rom has no SELinux enforcement. Should I have secutiry concerns because of that?
Best wishes!

tamudude

Dec 20, 2017
Sorry!

I had server downtime, and my builds were unavailable. I'm now just hosting on GDrive.

Downloads Here!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E5pBRVSkHv-nc9pQ25DtAp4MwfOOgIwy

**You only need to flash the main ZIP (eg: "lineage-17.1-20200829-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi")**

I've been using this build since 29th Aug, and I've had no issues!

Like a oasis in the desert :)
Do you plan to keep this updated? I will gladly contribute via appreciation...

Top Liked Posts