Chainfire for supersu
Ashyx for custom twrp and rooting process
Samsung for the base

Take all care back up, beyond that, your responsibility

Link :-

Android file host
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195921470

Hit thanks or buy me a coffee if you wish

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Leave some posts so I know it works OK, I'm new to this

It would be good if someone could post if this rom was ok, as have a T825 rom built with the same method that I cannot test, due to having a T820 myself. So speak up please

Last edited:

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
Thank you for this. Now I have to ask a couple of newbie questions. I've been exclusively in the Sony Xperia and Nexus worlds before, this being my first Samsung. In trying to figure out if the processes I've become familiar with are applicable to this device, using your ROM.

For instance, my Sony's were pretty easy after the initial root. Kind souls in the community took new releases and created a pre-rooted firmware with TWRP and SuperSU built-in. I could then just dirty flash the room from TWRP, sometimes wiping cache/dalvic, and like magic my device is upgraded with no loss of data.

Is this how it works with this AQF5 ROM? I'm starting with a rooted (@ashyx method) T820 with AQBB. Do I just download the rooted ROM to SD card, boot to TWRP, dirty flash and go?

Thanks again!

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
Hi,
Dirty flash should work, sometimes I try that first and if I get any strange behaviour, do a wipe and re flash then load the rest back with titanium backup. Make sure you have all your backups organised first before starting.
Let me know how it works out. The risk with the first option is something residual being left that may result in force closes or just defeating the purpose.

Reactions: CAL7

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
Just beware if for some reason it doesn't root DM verity will occur and you will be forced to format internal data so back that up to your external card too, before, just in case, shouldn't happen though. I have no idea how many others have used this yet as there have been no replies to say all ok

vonschau

Nov 25, 2008
Munich
Just beware if for some reason it doesn't root DM verity will occur and you will be forced to format internal data so back that up to your external card too, before, just in case, shouldn't happen though. I have no idea how many others have used this yet as there have been no replies to say all ok
Not sure I can use this ROM in Germany, what kind of modifications are made? Would love to see some development

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
As long as you have the same model T-820 you can, some local variants have a local customisation but it's likely to be minor with this model. From memory when I set it up on mine all common languages were available, if that's your concern, make sure you have a twrp backup and you can always roll back
The only mods were as listed above, seems slightly quicker, perhaps the zip aligning, but it will allow more mods as they come along

Thibor69

Feb 22, 2010
Scottsdale - AZ
As long as you have the same model T-820 you can, some local variants have a local customisation but it's likely to be minor with this model. From memory when I set it up on mine all common languages were available, if that's your concern, make sure you have a twrp backup and you can always roll back
The only mods were as listed above, seems slightly quicker, perhaps the zip aligning, but it will allow more mods as they come along

I have always wondered about that. Flashing a base from another country. Like I live in the US so I always have flashed USA versions. You are
saying that I CAN flash this Korean version on my T-820 phone and have all working ok with English ?

Thank you

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
I have always wondered about that. Flashing a base from another country. Like I live in the US so I always have flashed USA versions. You are
saying that I CAN flash this Korean version on my T-820 phone and have all working ok with English ?

Thank you
For the record, I don't live in the us but bought mine from best buys whilst there, it was rooted within a couple of hours from memory,..... can't help myself ?.
I Flashed a firmware from another country after that,, just because it was a later series, can't remember which.

I use the Tweaked one as my daily driver, people seem to be finding that good. I have found the latest firmware now seems to carry out a full wipe, and I haven't managed to flash a rom over it yet, so reverted back to the Tweaked version I have.

It may require an update to TWRP
If you have any problems restore your backup, if you want to persist flash the firmware that its based on first,AQF5, then flash the ROM over it, with our without wipe.

Link to Tweaked,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s3/development/rom-sm-t820-tweaked-t3659433

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidIt!

DionWhite33

Aug 5, 2014
Kannapolis, NC
For the record, I don't live in the us but bought mine from best buys whilst there, it was rooted within a couple of hours from memory,..... can't help myself [emoji20].
I Flashed a firmware from another country after that,, just because it was a later series, can't remember which.

I use the Tweaked one as my daily driver, people seem to be finding that good. I have found the latest firmware now seems to carry out a full wipe, and I haven't managed to flash a rom over it yet, so reverted back to the Tweaked version I have.

If you have any problems restore your backup, if you want to persist flash the firmware that its based on first,AQF5, then flash the ROM over it, with our without wipe.

Link to Tweaked,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s3/development/rom-sm-t820-tweaked-t3659433

It will still work in English you just have to find which is your main language in the very beginning

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
Works great on T820, no issues so far...
Thanks,
This rom is not being developed any more,but the tweaked version in this forum, is based off the stock firmware which came after this,it runs stable, has a few enhancements and being a later base it's got a number of Samsung security updates too. ☺️

Reactions: Zoandroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope this gets things started,
    DETAILS
    Stock Korean firmware base AQF5
    Rooted
    Init d
    Deodex
    Zip aligned
    Busybox
    Sqlite

Thanks to
    Chainfire for supersu
    Ashyx for custom twrp and rooting process
    Samsung for the base

Take all care back up, beyond that, your responsibility

Link :-

Android file host
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195921470

Hit thanks or buy me a coffee if you wish

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Leave some posts so I know it works OK, I'm new to this

It would be good if someone could post if this rom was ok, as have a T825 rom built with the same method that I cannot test, due to having a T820 myself. So speak up please
    Would this thread be applicable to a Wi-Fi only S3 model "SM-T820NZKAXAR" ?

Sure is. That's what I got. ;)
    Hi,
    Dirty flash should work, sometimes I try that first and if I get any strange behaviour, do a wipe and re flash then load the rest back with titanium backup. Make sure you have all your backups organised first before starting.
    Let me know how it works out. The risk with the first option is something residual being left that may result in force closes or just defeating the purpose.

Thank you
    For the record, I don't live in the us but bought mine from best buys whilst there, it was rooted within a couple of hours from memory,..... can't help myself ?.

Link to Tweaked,
    Works great on T820, no issues so far...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone