[ROM] SM-T820 TWEAKED....................[rom] sm-t820 tweaked

Search This thread

NullCode

• Having said that it explains the process but refers back to xda for the required files.
    I've never done this, so I'll have a look around. I'd suggest if you find one recently created for another device you ask there for information on creating one or if they could create one for you.

Good Morning! Were you able to find anything else? Well I have. In another XDA Thread it was written that EDL Mode devices mount the SD Card as mmcblk0 (this is for the s3 mind) when the bootloader in the eMMC gets corrupted.

So my plan is to flash an Image of the bootloader pulled from anybody's T820 to an SD Card and hopefully be able to flash the entire stock firmware by booting my Tab into download mode.

So could you (or anyone) help me so this?

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
    Good Morning! Were you able to find anything else? Well I have. In another XDA Thread it was written that EDL Mode devices mount the SD Card as mmcblk0 (this is for the s3 mind) when the bootloader in the eMMC gets corrupted.

So my plan is to flash an Image of the bootloader pulled from anybody's T820 to an SD Card and hopefully be able to flash the entire stock firmware by booting my Tab into download mode.

So could you (or anyone) help me so this?
    It makes sense that the bootloader was corrupted when the issue occurred, I'm not familiar with the method required but I'd expect the card would have to be a complete image of the bootloader. I once rooted an amazon kindle by that method, years ago.
    The bootloader is available in the stock firmware. So in essence the bootloader you would put on the sd card is the one that failed to flash properly before.
    In the interest of caution, a few of the posts I've read have suggested investigating where the problem occurred in the first case, you may want to re download the firmware /bootloader, there's a link in the op for the bootloader , in case your original was corrupt. When/if you get to flashing the rest with odin maybe use a different USB cable, and make sure its not physically disturbed during the process, in case of loose socket.

Reactions: NullCode

NullCode

• It makes sense that the bootloader was corrupted when the issue occurred, I'm not familiar with the method required but I'd expect the card would have to be a complete image of the bootloader. I once rooted an amazon kindle by that method, years ago.
    The bootloader is available in the stock firmware. So in essence the bootloader you would put on the sd card is the one that failed to flash properly before.
    In the interest of caution, a few of the posts I've read have suggested investigating where the problem occurred in the first case, you may want to re download the firmware /bootloader, there's a link in the op for the bootloader , in case your original was corrupt. When/if you get to flashing the rest with odin maybe use a different USB cable, and make sure its not physically disturbed during the process, in case of loose socket.

Well I know that my bootloader is corrupted because I tried to flash it when only Download Mode was available. It went till 90% and my Tab suddenly rebooted when RQT CLOSE (or something like that) was still going on. And now its stuck in QDLoader 9008 mode. I also have all the BL files extracted as I'm trying to reverse engineer them and find a way to flash it to an SD Card. The posts I read suggested pulling the bootloader directly from the tab (because it will come directly in IMG format which can be flashed). So yeah that's exactly the thing I need

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Yup that's basically it

Last edited:

NullCode

• It makes sense that the bootloader was corrupted when the issue occurred, I'm not familiar with the method required but I'd expect the card would have to be a complete image of the bootloader. I once rooted an amazon kindle by that method, years ago.

Good evening! So, the firehose files didn't work (failed miserably), but I got this bit of information out:

ERROR 21: THE DEVICE IS CONFIGURED IMPROPERLY.
    That does not give high hopes. Anyways now I'd like to try my last resort: booting it off of an SD Card. So I've done some digging around and found this old gem: https://mega.nz/file/bBU1RDwB#tsRI-0DMFyMcw8SVP1b7_nTyLK6xjiLzS6l1eZcJzxM . I've analyzed and it doesn't seem malicious. If you had an SM-T820, could you please just flash this in TWRP and put the output file in AndroidFileHost? Oh and btw it needs an external sd to store the img file in. Thanks in advance!

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
    Good evening! So, the firehose files didn't work (failed miserably), but I got this bit of information out:

ERROR 21: THE DEVICE IS CONFIGURED IMPROPERLY.
    That does not give high hopes. Anyways now I'd like to try my last resort: booting it off of an SD Card. So I've done some digging around and found this old gem: https://mega.nz/file/bBU1RDwB#tsRI-0DMFyMcw8SVP1b7_nTyLK6xjiLzS6l1eZcJzxM . I've analyzed and it doesn't seem malicious. If you had an SM-T820, could you please just flash this in TWRP and put the output file in AndroidFileHost? Oh and btw it needs an external sd to store the img file in. Thanks in advance!
    Can you point me to the source of the file, as I'll need to know what I'd be flashing before doing that.

Last edited:

NullCode

• Last edited:

Wilsoncelf

Jan 14, 2016
    well i'm having a pretty bad experience with this build... had to sideload netflix because not showing up on play store, and the auto rotate simply doesn't work at all. it's always stuck in portrait mode no matter how I set the toggle in the quick settings. also, can't find the auto brightness control, so I have to manually set it all the time. edexposed doesn't work too. anyone else experiencing these issues?

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
    well i'm having a pretty bad experience with this build... had to sideload netflix because not showing up on play store, and the auto rotate simply doesn't work at all. it's always stuck in portrait mode no matter how I set the toggle in the quick settings. also, can't find the auto brightness control, so I have to manually set it all the time. edexposed doesn't work too. anyone else experiencing these issues?
    Edxposed has updated the installer to edxposed manager, you will need to download the manager from the edxposed thread, it requires that you uninstall/disable the edxposed installer in order to function properly.
    Just installed Netflix to test it, it does work on this rom, rotation to landscape works, it may be your installation. Others have had issues with HD video there is a fix for that, you'll need to search the thread for the process as I don't use it myself

martinedu

Dec 18, 2010
    Hi. First of all, thank you very much for the work done. The t820 now performs much better than before. My problem is that now I cannot access my instagram account. The error message informing me is "an unknown network error occurred". Do you have any idea what it could be? I tell you that with the stock firmware it worked without a problem.

PainHealer

Aug 22, 2020
    Edxposed has updated the installer to edxposed manager, you will need to download the manager from the edxposed thread, it requires that you uninstall/disable the edxposed installer in order to function properly.
    Just installed Netflix to test it, it does work on this rom, rotation to landscape works, it may be your installation. Others have had issues with HD video there is a fix for that, you'll need to search the thread for the process as I don't use it myself

How can Edxposed Installer be uinstalled? It seem to be a system app as it comes with the Tweaked ROM. Unfortunately thi is giving me a lot of headache, as I'm not able to get Edexposed to work correcty as it Edexposed Manager is always telling me to uninstall Edexposed Installer as it is "an known issue" that the installer is causing problems when installed along with the manager app (and probably also with Magisk).

Could you give me an advice how to uninstall the installer an how to get edexposed to work correctly (also Safetynet is not passing the test...)

Regards

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
    How can Edxposed Installer be uinstalled? It seem to be a system app as it comes with the Tweaked ROM. Unfortunately thi is giving me a lot of headache, as I'm not able to get Edexposed to work correcty as it Edexposed Manager is always telling me to uninstall Edexposed Installer as it is "an known issue" that the installer is causing problems when installed along with the manager app (and probably also with Magisk).

Could you give me an advice how to uninstall the installer an how to get edexposed to work correctly (also Safetynet is not passing the test...)

Regards
    It will uninstall with a root uninstaller, otherwise titanium backup will work.

Geoz

Nov 22, 2012
    My bank app detects root and not working but when use magisk hide to repackage with random names it works on my phone but on this tablet magisk is disabled even if re-flashed.
    Any advice?

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
    My bank app detects root and not working but when use magisk hide to repackage with random names it works on my phone but on this tablet magisk is disabled even if re-flashed.
    Any advice?
    Have a look at magisk manager and check if it's up to date, and if the magisk framework is up to date, you can update them both from the app.

NullCode

• Hello! I took a very long break from XDA to increase my newbie status a little bit. Now, I have successfully compiled and flashed Pitch Black Recovery Project to the Samsung Galaxy J2 2016. It runs flawlessly but is SUPER slow (because of the horrendously low RAM I guess) and the touch is kind of sucky. So I will try to compile Pitch Black for the Tab S3 now.

UPDATE: "PitchBlack TWRP is not yet supported for landscape_hdpi resolution variants. 11:33:23 ckati failed with: exit status 1" Guess PitchBlack recovery is a no-go. Sorry people, I will try compiling another type of recovery. Patience is virtue after all! :D

UPDATE 2: "ERROR 7 - Orangefox Recovery Project is currently not suitable for landscape_hdpi resolution products. 10:07:53 ckati failed with: exit status 1" Slowly losing hope...

Last edited:

Geoz

Nov 22, 2012
    Have a look at magisk manager and check if it's up to date, and if the magisk framework is up to date, you can update them both from the app.
    All is up to date.
    Is the magisk framework located in the same folder if I manually root after flashing stock ROM?

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
    All is up to date.
    Is the magisk framework located in the same folder if I manually root after flashing stock ROM?

As the deployment of magisk is via flashing the zip in the standard method, but just actioned by the rom zip, it should be identical.
    I, like most people, have a number of bank logins, they all accept the root, none of them required extra actions, but I have other apps, which due security would not accept it, but once I've selected them in the magisk hide section of the magisk manager, they can't see it and all is fine. Just confirming you've ticked the individual app in that section.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone