[ROM] SM-T820 TWEAKED....................[rom] sm-t820 tweaked

Search This thread

rorymc928

Hi @DartGerion
hmmm, thanks but I did just that, following the method here:

Uninstall Magisk Using TWRP Uninstall Recovery

and my s3 will not boot anymore (bootloop)...
will try to reflash the rom...

[EDIT] and still boot looping after reflashing the rom...
It's likely, the bootloader is protecting the private data on the tablet by refusing to boot,a common issue. To get past that you will need to format data, in twrp.then reboot to twrp, then flash the rom.

DartGerion

Dec 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 7

OneOnline

May 26, 2017
Brooklyn
hi @rorymc928
Thanks for your help - sorted!
So is there a way I can properly update Magisk please?
Follow instructions after GitHub download link.

BenG7

Jun 24, 2009
Hi @OneOnline
Thanks for your help but could you be more precise please: I could not find a github link on the 1st post, if indeed this is where I was supposed to look?

fpozar

Apr 7, 2016
I keep getting error 7 when trying to flash the newest rom in twrp. Tried both developer's twrps and I also flashed the bootloader from one version prior. Anyone got any tips? Lineageos booted just fine when I did all the same steps

EDIT : what made it work for me was flashing the latest stock oreo firmware (
SM-T820_1_20190415174840_gef2hb4jwm_fac.zip from the site https://sfirmware.com/samsung-sm-t820/ )
and then flashing ashyx's twrp. In twrp I did the standard full wipe with "yes", rebooted to recovery again and then I just flashed the tweaked rom followed by RM3 and dm-veriety ( rm3 and dm-veriety are found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...axy-tab-s3-sm-t820-t825.3581359/post-80227917 )

So now all that is left is taking the rom for a ride ;)

Last edited:

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I recognize that I'm a couple of years late to the party, but I just upgraded my Tab S3 to this ROM (from Ashyx's original Nougat root version). For the most part, it's working well. But I can't find a combination of Riru Core and EdXposed that shows the framework installed.

First, per the warning Magisk gives, I converted Magisk from a system app to a user app. Using Magisk, I am successful in getting Riru (Core not specified in later versions but I think it is) installed but the installation of EdXposed fails saying Riru is not found. Can I get some pointers on what version works with this ROM? Thanks!

EDIT: I tried with riru 24.4.4 and EdXposed installed correctly and Magisk now shows the framework is installed. So, I have solved the initial problem but my main objective was to implement the Swype Row module. It installs but doesn't actually work. Off to do more homework. Thanks to anyone still reading this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: GigioPinz

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
I think this project could be considered abandoned
I recognize that I'm a couple of years late to the party, but I just upgraded my Tab S3 to this ROM (from Ashyx's original Nougat root version). For the most part, it's working well. But I can't find a combination of Riru Core and EdXposed that shows the framework installed.

First, per the warning Magisk gives, I converted Magisk from a system app to a user app. Using Magisk, I am successful in getting Riru (Core not specified in later versions but I think it is) installed but the installation of EdXposed fails saying Riru is not found. Can I get some pointers on what version works with this ROM? Thanks!

EDIT: I tried with riru 24.4.4 and EdXposed installed correctly and Magisk now shows the framework is installed. So, I have solved the initial problem but my main objective was to implement the Swype Row module. It installs but doesn't actually work. Off to do more homework. Thanks to anyone still reading this thread.
Allow me to suggest you do a factory reset. Then go online to one of the sites that will do what you want for a fee.

wakka1

Jul 8, 2011
is it possible to remove exposed/gravitybox and root-related things from the rom? my game won't open because it detects exposed i think. I tried to disable them to no effect. When i tried to uninstall exposed from the app, it gave me bootloop after rebooting to finish the uninstallation.
@rorymc928 , can you please upload a pure stock rom debloated without root and magisk stuff? thanks

Last edited:

wakka1

Jul 8, 2011
I'll have a look a bit later for you, it's not my tablet now, but it's in the household

It would be better for you to debloat a stock ROM yourself. A list of the removed apps is located on the file host. A lot of the debloat will require rooting though.
Sorry, i m a total noob at this. Is there a tutorial somewhere? Also does stock rom version matter since i tried another stock rom and it was quite slow. If it does, what version of stock rom does this one use??

rorymc928

Details for this Rom are listed in the op. As for debloat technique, there are many methods but as I said to do it comprehensively, your tablet will need to be rooted. If you can root from stock, there are plenty of apps that with carry out the debloat of selected apps. That way you pick what you do and don't want. So the issue is if you want non rooted then debloat is limited by that. If you can operate your game on a rooted Rom you would have no limit

wakka1

Jul 8, 2011
Details for this Rom are listed in the op. As for debloat technique, there are many methods but as I said to do it comprehensively, your tablet will need to be rooted. If you can root from stock, there are plenty of apps that with carry out the debloat of selected apps. That way you pick what you do and don't want. So the issue is if you want non rooted then debloat is limited by that. If you can operate your game on a rooted Rom you would have no limit

I cant find the exact code number of this stock rom in op. I really like your version of rom, but i just want to remove root from it. As for the many apps and methods of debloating, as you said they all require root and it feels too complicated.
edit : i got it working!

Top Liked Posts