[ROM][SM-T820][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 | Android 9.0 20191024

Search This thread

Crimson1989

Jul 18, 2019
Stylus working?

Can anyone confirm if the S Pen Stylus is working correctly with this ROM? I use the tablet mainly for sketching, but it has become so terribly slow that I'm considering to Flash Lineage on it.

Stogie87

Oct 3, 2015
Berlin
Can anyone confirm if the S Pen Stylus is working correctly with this ROM? I use the tablet mainly for sketching, but it has become so terribly slow that I'm considering to Flash Lineage on it.

I had some issues with the spen, because the display still recognises the touch of your hand during the writing. This was the reason why I went back to terribly slow stock rom. :(

I don't think the dev has fixed it.

duy_ng

Nov 3, 2013
Did you try to delete /data/system/users/0/settings_fingerprint.xml (and potentially /data/system/users/0/fpdata/users.db)?

I tried it but unfortunately it did not work. The finger print sensor notices my finger during the set up (vibrates) but the setup does not proceed. Are there any others ideas? I am pretty happy with the ROM ecxept the fingerprint.

Last edited:

nOISEVAULT

Oct 16, 2011
Thanks a lot for the rom. It is so much faster and Slimmer than the stock it's made me like my tablet a lot more. To the original poster, please post a Bitcoin address or preferably a Monero address and I'll buy you a beer. It won't be much but a little something.

ac2002

Dec 29, 2010
sry, but what is the difference between flashing firmware in TWRP and "Flash full rom"?
I was able to flash one ROM from Rorymc928 without problems, but if I start flashing one of Valera1978's ROMs then I get errors.

Comses

Mar 28, 2013
Good afternoon

I installed the latest firmware clean (20190913). I like everything very much, but I ran into a couple of problems:
1. The most critical is the sound. Only two speakers work (in the previous version, they worked like all 4 but correctly only in portrait orientation). In this version, only 2 work and the left and right channels are mixed up (checked by the programs for the test and on the video on YouTube). Still the sound is mute distorted (compared on different devices, speech is distorted a little)
2. For some reason, access rights after inclusion in the developer’s settings do not work, the request does not arrive at them.

The firmware is awesome, but it’s a pity the sound cannot be made the same as on the drain, it would be perfect. I’ll use it again, but I’ll probably still have to return to the stock again = ((

In any case, HUGE THANKS FOR FIRMWARE, smoother and less overloaded than stock, there is no such throttling as for stock

ttenroK

Jan 27, 2019
Widevine Level

I haven't installed the custom Rom yet.
Could someone report if Widevine Level 1 is still there or do I get only L3 when the custom Rom got installed? I heard very different reports for different devices and custom Roms on the internet.
Perhaps someone with the custom Rom installed could install the app "DRM info " from the Play store and post a screenshot or post the level?

lau951793

Sep 14, 2019
Many thanks for that new version :D

- now usb otg works fine, with a wireless logitech keyboard plugged on USB with an adapter
- also fingerprint now works perfectly

But the audio redirection by the OS does not seem to work : earset plugged on jack or bluetooth earset => audio still on HP

To make it work I had to wipe data and install the 20190913 version + fingerprint zip (otherwise not possible to unlock the screen, other time not possible to register the fingerprint) :
1/ boot to recovery and format data + wipe cache + system
2/ install 20190913 LOS (sideload + TWRP mentioned here works fine)
3/ install the fingerprint zip
4/ if needed install the Gapps (I installed the Full version)

On last thing: "adb restore" seem to do nothing, even if from UI all the steps are OK...

Thaliya

Mar 2, 2013
Is it possible that this rom will ever support palm rejection? Cause else im gonna sell this tablet. Pie One UI was a disappointment - slow and battery drain :(

Mar 4, 2015
I haven't installed the custom Rom yet.
Could someone report if Widevine Level 1 is still there or do I get only L3 when the custom Rom got installed? I heard very different reports for different devices and custom Roms on the internet.
Perhaps someone with the custom Rom installed could install the app "DRM info " from the Play store and post a screenshot or post the level?

Mine shows L3

ttenroK

Jan 27, 2019
Mine shows L3

Thank you for the answer!
But that's a pity.
That widevine level topic is a bit complicated. Where are the keys laying which are having an effect on the level, can L1 be regained by locking the bootloader... and so on.

Did you try to lock the bootloader after the installation of the custom ROM?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone