This is A TWRP installation issue, has occurred before. I've encountered it myself. Careful following of the process solves it. Unfortunately it requires going back to scratch to start again. The ROM works for most who don't fall into the trap. This blog is for the Rom, which whilst dated is successful. Flashing of recovery binaries is covered in the twrp posts.
Hi, I'm havig a problem with magisk 25.2, I used titanium backup to remove the old magisk that came with this rom(and install magisk as system app is not good) to install 25.2 via TWRP.
But I can't make zygisk to work. There's an error in the log. E umont2 /system/bin/appwidget failed operation not permitted
I tried to uninstall and reinstall but to no avail.
Hi, same error with my Samsung Galaxy S7, Magisk 25.2 (even canary branch).
Edit: ok found this link stating the kernel must by 3.19+. Since my gs7 uses Android 8 and Kernel 3.18.91, no wonder it doesn't work... I'll eventually switch to the last LineageOS and let you know if this works.
Based on latest stock CTD1 firmware
Tweaked, stable, zip aligned. SU/D
Forced encryption disabled
(GPU driver updated to latest adreno 313 rev 23.... returning soon)
Magisk updated 20.4
Matched edxposed version can be installed, or not, if preferred via magisk
(note that edxposed is the new framework replacing xposed to allow use with pie, it requires a number of steps, but fairly simple, guide to follow )
Gravity box PIE pre installed
Can be dirty flashed over CSH9 , or factory reset both will work. Recommend straight flash over PIE rom / CSH9, negligible benefit from wipe
Requires bootloader update to a pie bootloader if not on pie already.
(it will work without, but experience shows the bootloader update is required for the fingerprint reader to function )
Xposed does not support android pie.
However, we now have edxposed, a magisk module which does basically the same thing.
1. Riru core. Go to magisk downloads and type in the search bar "riru" , near the top you'll see riru core, click the download and it will install and offer a reboot.
2. Riru edxposed. Same search and you'll see riru edxposed further down 2 versions I chose sandhook, no reason but it works for me, same thing download it, it installs and offers reboot.
3. Edxposed installer , almost identical to the xposed installer, already installed in the Rom, open it and you should find gravitybox pie version in the modules section it may require switching on.
Advantage of edxposed is it passes safety net,..... I'm told.
Gravity box pie is still in early development, so whilst it has quite a bit there it's still a way off being complete, some selections didn't function for me, but a lot did.
Gravity box will still need to be switched on in edxposed modules.
Best flashed over updated firmware, should dirty flash but tested with factory reset, so do your backups.
Follow instructions below....
1. If you have xposed installed,either select it off in the app or uninstall, I only selected it off.
2. Boot to TWRP
3. Go to wipe,and select factory data reset.
4. Install ROM
5. Long boot........,
6. Ignore the xposed force close
7. Do your normal startup load.
8. Magisk, if that version flashed, will function at this point.
9. If you wish to operate xposed as well,go to the xposed installer app(matched version preinstalled),open it and install the framework,which will be systemless/system. Non recovery installation works fine. It will require reboot.
10. On Magisk version it will pass safetynet check whilst xposed is selected off by its switch,otherwise it indicates fail. So you can swap, as needed by work perhaps, with one reboot.
11. Use gravity box module to switch off stock battery icon.
Not tested on the T825 so do all your backups, twrp, titanium, copy internal storage and please report back with your experiences.
The T820 version is good it dirty flashed nicely over the previous rom(5.0) so that would be a good starting point.
Ps I didn't update the bootloader on the T820 and was fine
Unfortunately there was an error in the last rom, leading to the encryption disable not actioning properly during install. I have built a new version which fixes the error (Tweaked 5.1b), a quick read of the T820 thread below will lay out the issue.
Those who have flashed a Dm-Verity disable script will have already rectified the issue. If you're still on 5.0,dirty flash of the new modified rom will function now as intended without any format requirement.
Further details in the other thread below.... https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s3/development/rom-sm-t820-tweaked-t3659433/post83020803
Android pie version up now
I have tested bootloader requirement on the T820 , no bootloader update required.
Based on CSH9 base, not sure yet as to backwards compatibility if you did upgrade the bootloader , though as I said it's not required
Got myself tangled up in frp lock at one stage, suspect that was an error on my part, so make sure you have oem unlock selected, numerous dirty flashes over full pie worked fine.
Will check a wipe then flash next.
I see no reason it won't flash direct from bsd1 firmware or Tweaked 4.0,but make sure of your encryption state, and backup fully,and have the new bootloader at least standing by.
Links to follow....
SM-T825 TWEAKED 5.0 based on UK T-825 CSH9 firmware