[ROM][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 | Android 7.1.2 20180301

Search This thread
Valera, is the project dead like the 820 version?

Hi all
Sorry, there were some problems for family reasons. It was take a time.
The project is not dead.

I will say more - last month there was a very active development of the oreo (lineage 15.1).
And we were ready to publish the oreo (820+825), but there was a problems with the battery for now.
Current status of the oreo:
working: wifi, bt, sdcards, sound, vibra, sensors, mtp, spen, hw in videoplayers
half working: ril + gps: samsung has own way for ril, it's differ from other companies. I used ril libs from note8 qcom variant + gps from leeco - only in this case gps working great, ril - sms\calls\ussd working, mobile data dnw. And still need fix problem with sounds in calls.
all great, but battery drain is the main problem right now, it's lost about 40% by night. Hope very soon all will be ready.

Reactions: ferchosj and ysllan

KainanMaki

Jul 19, 2013
Montevideo
Hi all
The project is not dead.

I will say more - last month there was a very active development of the oreo (lineage 15.1).
And we were ready to publish the oreo (820+825), but there was a problems with the battery for now.
working: wifi, bt, sdcards, sound, vibra, sensors, mtp, spen, hw in videoplayers
half working: ril + gps: samsung has own way for ril, it's differ from other companies. I used ril libs from note8 qcom variant + gps from leeco - only in this case gps working great, ril - sms\calls\ussd working, mobile data dnw. And still need fix problem with sounds in calls.
all great, but battery drain is the main problem right now, it's lost about 40% by night. Hope very soon all will be ready.

No need to say sorry. I just wondered because the T820 project was officialy discontinued and you were working with bonuzzz (so it's due to Oreo?). It's great to know you're still giving a try.
If you manage to solve the battery thing the rom definetively takes flight.
The phone stuff is nice, but as long as Mobile Data works you're good to go.
Calling/SMS/USSD it's just the icing.

Reactions: joe535

joe535

First Test...

No need to say sorry. I just wondered because the T820 project was officialy discontinued and you were working with bonuzzz (so it's due to Oreo?). It's great to know you're still giving a try.
If you manage to solve the battery thing the rom definetively takes flight.
The phone stuff is nice, but as long as Mobile Data works you're good to go.
Calling/SMS/USSD it's just the icing.

Hi,
half a year has passed when I got my SM-T825. From the very beginning it failed to connect WIFI 5G. Last weekend I finally found out that if a SIM is inserted, it MUST be switched on as well, just to connect to WIFI 5G.
This is really annoying, but finally (luckily, MANYYYY THANKS :laugh:) I found Lineage, my favorite since 4 years... I already tried an earlier version which failed.

This one boots. I will now try to restore all apps using titanium backup. Then will test the Tab for some days and hopefully all will be fine. I will report bugs, once found.

By the way: which of the 4 git reps do I need to build lineage from the scratch? I like to try to improve source-code once I find time. What toolchain do you use for the build?
And before I search for days, where will I find the drivers for SIM-network and WIFI? I need to
review the part where WIFI 5G checks for a SIM Card..
Cheers

Joe

--> Already buggy...
1. Pulldown from statusfield is too small and sometimes screen turns off while pulling down
2. cannot login to mailserver. Copied mailprog with titaniumBU which always worked for other phones...
3. S-pen sometimes does not work

Lineage not suitable for me, too many bugs...

Last edited:

joe535

I work with bonuzzz. He is working on the 820, I'm - 825.
He wrote about the interruption for one reason - continue to clean 14.1 there is no sense, it was need to start work on 15.1

So 14.1 will no longer be supported, will it?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

So, 14.1 will no longer be supported?

So 14.1 will no longer be supported, will it?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

So, 14.1 will no longer be supported?

I will continue.
In 15.1 was some fixes like power, s-pen, update proprietary - of course i'll include it to 14.1 too.
Also need fix sound during calls in both versions.
And may be will build RR too.

SavageGent

Mar 17, 2018
Fort Worth Texas
Ok so, I gave the rom a chance and to be honest it works quite well.
Kudos to Valera and Bonuzzz for the effort, this is looking very promising.

I don't use the S-Pen nor the phone-calling stuff so, my experience with this build doesn't include those two.

General usage feels snappy, I only had some trouble while playing video streams on the stock browser and firefox. The problem went away while using chrome.

Tried a couple of HDR 4K files on MX Player and they seemed to play nicely.
Played around with the settings, everything cool.

The only problem so far is a huge battery drain during normal usage.

Aside from that, this is an excellent beginning.
Considering this is just a 1st release, it's very stable.

If you need any kind of testing, I'm more than willing to help.

I Have an issue.. after rooting my SM-G955U (AT&T Galaxy S8+), I decided I wasn't happy with the final outcome so I flashed back to stock. But somehow or another I will end up getting a hold of SM-T825 firmware... Idk how I made that mistake, but everything seems to operate properly, aside from a few odd glitches here and there. Now I'm under the belief that I have 2 firmware running at the same time... some devices will recognize my phone as smg955u, but some of them recognize it as sm-t825...

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I Have an issue.. after rooting my SM-G955U (AT&T Galaxy S8+), I decided I wasn't happy with the final outcome so I flashed back to stock. But somehow or another I will end up getting a hold of SM-T825 firmware... Idk how I made that mistake, but everything seems to operate properly, aside from a few odd glitches here and there. Now I'm under the belief that I have 2 firmware running at the same time... some devices will recognize my phone as smg955u, but some of them recognize it as sm-t825...
You can't have two firmwares operating at the same time. But you could have some left over build.props that make some apps think you have a different device. Just flash the s8+ firmware with Odin, including the csc, bootloader, and modem.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

SavageGent

Mar 17, 2018
Fort Worth Texas
I have tried... It won't stick.. Keeps giving error.. the phone works okay just a few minor aspect ratio issues.. I've tried flashing the original stock firmware using various different versions of Odin

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

You can't have two firmwares operating at the same time. But you could have some left over build.props that make some apps think you have a different device. Just flash the s8+ firmware with Odin, including the csc, bootloader, and modem.
Not sure why I'm having such an issue with this phone I've been rooting every Android since my first G1 in 2002

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I have tried... It won't stick.. Keeps giving error.. the phone works okay just a few minor aspect ratio issues.. I've tried flashing the original stock firmware using various different versions of Odin

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Not sure why I'm having such an issue with this phone I've been rooting every Android since my first G1 in 2002
You didn't have re-partition checked when you flashed the second firmware did you?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

If you want to check firmware - please make backup. Better to store all partitions, at least efs and may be modem.

The last 3 weeks we with @bonuzzz worked hard to make stable firmware for t820 and t825 tablets.
    Finally, it's time for the first release.

Instructions
    1. Install twrp
    2. Download the zip(s) - firmware and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    3. Backup all partitions (it least efs) and store somewhere - it need to do - because you can loose imei
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash firmware and gapps

Work
    Almost all working

Known Issues
    Sound\mic during calls

Links

LineageOS Builds:
    1. 20180301: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NH0H2I9-C2RZqmDa1WYijy8uNVj9GROn/view?usp=sharing

TWRP:
    My twrp version:
    - flash via twrp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-QRgZR9y4RgfeAhjj7eCb0Gg52hGKPdj/view?usp=sharing
    - flash via odin: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QxeoKT2Ln3V4HLpXZq1v8Hv_jkUncaXJ/view?usp=sharing

Gapps
    http://opengapps.org/
    Platform: ARM64
    Android: 7.1
    Variant: any, usually I'm using micro or nano

Sources
    Sources: https://github.com/Lineageos
    Kernel: https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_kernel_samsung_gts3l
    Initial device tree: https://github.com/Valera1978/android_device_samsung_gts3llte
    and https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_device_samsung_msm8996-common

Thanks
    Thank to my good friend @bonuzzz
    Thanks to LineageOS team
    kainanmaki,

Thanks for the initial testing. I have not flashed this ROM yet. I'm still observing a bit before I do so.

I'm curious, how do you define normal usage? Also, are you able to quantify the huge battery drain?

Thanks much!

Well, you should. At least it could give you a good idea of what to expect when the rom is ready.
    I have never used lineage on a tablet so I wasn't sure what to expect.
    For starters, normal use is just what you can imagine, youtube, chrome, mx player (hdr stuff), headphones, couple of silly games.

After checking how stable it was, tried Xposed -sucessfully- and every module worked fine (amplify, bootmanager, rootcloack, xnotify,youtube adaway). The drain is severe, you could literally notice the % going down ridiculously fast.

What's worst, my normal app usage and settings are designed to not duplicate what I can already do on my HTC 10.
    So no GPS or Bluetooth, almost no applications doing sync stuff that I already have on my smartphone. (Gmail for e.g)
    I always force wifi to sleep when display is off. Again, I don't need another device duplicating my smartphone.
    LTE data is also off most of the time (and LTE works as expected per Speedtest -70 mbit-)
    But again, settings are tweaked to maximize battery, while using it and while sleeping.

I have used BetterBatteryStats to take some measures, the drain is related to the core of the OS services.

A simple comparison with Stock. I just have started debloating touchwiz (very happy with the progress there too TBH), and barely scraching the surface of what can be done on stock, BBS is reporting 6.25 minutes per 1% of battery. Roughly 10 hours of battery of non stop use. After removing 85% of Samsung bloatware and its services, it's going to look even better. Samsung never ceases to amaze me with their never ending junk. So again, the rom is not ready for primetime. But that could change fast.

IMHO, you should install TWRP and do a backup of stock stuff and take a dive. Even if Lineage feels like android for smartphones, still works wonders. And you can go back to touchwiz in 3 minutes...

EDIT: Forgot to quantify the drain. The android energy forecast estimated 3-4 hours for a full charge. Closer to 3....
    Valera, is the project dead like the 820 version?

Hi all
    The project is not dead.

Ok so, I gave the rom a chance and to be honest it works quite well.
    Kudos to Valera and Bonuzzz for the effort, this is looking very promising.

I don't use the S-Pen nor the phone-calling stuff so, my experience with this build doesn't include those two.

General usage feels snappy, I only had some trouble while playing video streams on the stock browser and firefox. The problem went away while using chrome.

Tried a couple of HDR 4K files on MX Player and they seemed to play nicely.
    Played around with the settings, everything cool.

The only problem so far is a huge battery drain during normal usage.

Aside from that, this is an excellent beginning.
    Considering this is just a 1st release, it's very stable.

If you need any kind of testing, I'm more than willing to help.
    the t825c haven't got a FRP Lock option. .
    can you help me

To disable FRP Lock, you have to enable OEM unlock in Developer options.