[ROM][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 | Android 9.0 20191024

Search This thread

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Does anyone know how to have palm rejection in this rom or any other custom rom?

Wondering if this Rom offers Palm Rejection?

Nope, at least not when I tried... was just about the only reason for me going back to stock as I use it mainly for taking notes. But when writing and (moving/touching) your palm on the screen it messes the pen up...

Reactions: hipocrazy

alexeyp

Sep 28, 2015
I'm hopelessly waiting for sound during calls. It wasn't working with lineageos 15, and it still doesn't work. Since I'm using my tablet as my phone, as well, this is a show-stopper for me.
Is this a serious problem to solve?

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Tested now, it works.

But proper palm rejection? When I tried this rom the pen indeed work as in, you could write with it. However when I had my palm on the screen as well the behaviour became extremely erratic and unusable. Pen stopped responding, etc.

And as far as I can see there have been no changes in hte changelog regarding this since I tried so can't imagine it being fixed now?

whoosename

Apr 8, 2012
Sindelfingen
But proper palm rejection? When I tried this rom the pen indeed work as in, you could write with it. However when I had my palm on the screen as well the behaviour became extremely erratic and unusable. Pen stopped responding, etc.

And as far as I can see there have been no changes in hte changelog regarding this since I tried so can't imagine it being fixed now?

I don't use the pen often. I tried it with MS OneNote and Note Everything there were not the problems you explained. With OneNote I could write though it was a bit laggy and sometimes I had to write some characters twice (that's maybe because how I hold the pen). With Note Everything no problems writing but my palm prints some lines on screen. Note Everything is an old app and not configured for this device (and this rom). What I want to say is, it might depend on the app you're using.

mirqqq

Sep 18, 2018
Can someone tell me if the original Samsung keyboard case is working in this rom?

yes, works fine.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

great job!!
but i find a small issue. my bluetooth mouse is not really working. the mouse is connected, and the functionality seems to be working, but i can't see the cursor, so it's not really useful when you can's see where the cursor is.

tobit_67

Apr 9, 2019
does anyone have experience with palm rejection / pen usage with the latest rom?

EDIT: too bad, tried it out...it isn't working -__-
in sum nice rom btw! i hope you will be able to fix it!

Last edited:

Monaav

Jun 18, 2019
India
Want to flash this rom so you guys recommend it as stock rom is so slow? Also does it have an effect on widevine level? I am still on stock rom so before flashing twrp and rooting wanted to be sure.
Also if I want to go back to stock rom afterwards when android pie arrives should I just flash stock rom md5 file from odin?

jerome_m

Jun 15, 2018
Munich
I did a few tests about USB-OTG, which does not work with this rom.
With the rom, plugged devices do not get power. But when I boot TWRP, plugged devices get power. An USB stick did not appear to mount, however.
Do people here have an idea why the S3 would power connected devices with TWRP, but not with that Lineage rom?

Ur75h

Jul 2, 2019
Mainz
With the rom, plugged devices do not get power. But when I boot TWRP, plugged devices get power. An USB stick did not appear to mount, however.
Do people here have an idea why the S3 would power connected devices with TWRP, but not with that Lineage rom?

Unfortunately I have no Ide, but I hope someone can help. :mad:

Pitamerica

Feb 17, 2018
Hi, perhaps someone can help me. I installed this Version of Lineage 16 on my Tab S3 T825. The os runs and the pen is recognised. but i can´t setup a fingerprint. in the fingerprint registring setup, it recognise only the first touch of the finger and then the setup will not go further. only the vibrating everytime i lay the finger on the sensor...

Geoz

Nov 22, 2012
Hi, perhaps someone can help me. I installed this Version of Lineage 16 on my Tab S3 T825. The os runs and the pen is recognised. but i can´t setup a fingerprint. in the fingerprint registring setup, it recognise only the first touch of the finger and then the setup will not go further. only the vibrating everytime i lay the finger on the sensor...
I don't know if this will work for you but try to delete/remove from TWRP (data/system/locksettings.db.) and reboot/re-flash again.

jerome_m

Jun 15, 2018
Munich

Replying to myself... I see that OTG should be fixed in the latest experimental firmware. Thanks a lot for the efforts! Will try it as soon as I am back from holidays, next week.

jerome_m

Jun 15, 2018
Munich
8. 20190812: experimental firmware: august security patch + review overlay, update adreno driver and some proprietary files, fix otg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tOAh38CYqSXhiUTHKKvUMZJS67MGCaU0/view?usp=sharing

I tried the latest “experimental” build. Thank you so much for maintaining that ROM! Here are my observations, in the hope they can help. Please PM me if you need other tests, details, etc...

I am using the ROM without gapps, so no test of google applications on my part.

Installing the new ROM went without trouble. Then the S3 boots and appears to work just fine.

A small bug: I have a Samsung Keyboard cover for the S3. It does not appear to switch the S3 on or off. I suppose that the magnet sensor is not active.

That Samsung keyboard itself works. I tried the S-Pen, it appears to work. The fingerprint reader also appears to work.

Bluetooth appears to work. I tried to send a file via bluetooth from my computer and it worked.

The GPS appears to work. The “satstat” application shows satellites (GPS, Glonass, Beidou…).

OTG is now active and mostly work. I tried the HackRF and RTL-SDR stick, they both work. A mouse is recognised, appears to work, but does not show the cursor (probably normal). I tried several USB memory sticks and there are small problems:
-all sticks call F-droid (my default package manager)
-some work, some don’t.
It therefore seems that there is a problem in the script which is called when a stick is recognised. It branches to the package manager, meaning that it believes additional software is needed.
The good news is that the hardware part now works.

Wifi works (2.4 and 5 GHz), but LTE does not. I was not asked for the SIM PIN. The network operator is recognised (Vodafone, in my case), so the radio works, but I cannot connect to the Internet. Digging into the settings shows that the APN is not correctly selected, but selecting it does not help. Here again, it seems that the hardware works but some automatic configuration script is not running as it should.

Pitamerica

Feb 17, 2018
Hi, i am sorry, but i can´t find a solution. I installed the june version and now the august version. in both version in the initial setup the fingerprint setup won´t work. the wizard starts and i set the password. then the fingerprint recognition starts. it only takes the first scan and the setup stops. the device still vibrates when touching the sensor, but no fingerprint is recognized. can you please help me ?

i downloaded the lates version and booted to twrp. then i format data. then wipe data and dalvik, system, internal storage. after this i installed the rom. i tried it with and without gapps. everytime the same. i believe, that i forget something.....

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi,
I have a Tab S3 (T825) and last year I installed LineageOS 14.1 without any problems. I am now trying to install LineageOS 16, but without success. I am able to flash the ROM and OpenGapps (9.0) using TWRP and I get no error messages. Everything seems fine. But when I try to boot to system, I am only able to see the initial logo (the Samsung logo, not the LineageOS logo) for less than one second and then the system boots again and again and again.
Two things that may be important:
(1) I tried with TWRP versions 3.2.1-0 and 3.2.1-1_T825_29518
(2) I am not really sure what "Full wipe all" means (instructions, first page of this forum). I wiped the usual suspects (system, cache, dalvik and data). I didn't format anything, just wipe. And I didn't wipe internal storage. Am I doing something wrong? Should I format the partitions? (if yes, if I format "data", I will lose my internal storage, right?).
Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone