[ROM][SNAPSHOT][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia SP

Search This thread

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
@AdrianDC, I just noticed that the cgroups are not populated. There is no cgroup/cpuset for background tasks, foreground tasks etc. (therefore Android task scheduling might not work properly)

Those are on /dev/cpuctl and /dev/cpuset (I don't know if Android uses /sys/fs/cgroup but it also contains nothing)

I don't know if it is a bug but, maybe this needs to be reported just in case ^_^

Not a bug, CPUSET is not implemented by the kernel.

X7SHaDe

Mar 17, 2017
No.
CPUSETS is known to have a negative impact on performance, especially in concern with the CPU hotplugging.
Let's not introduce a potential random issue source on something that works just fine and is stable on 3.4.113 ;) .

Are you sure that you did not just forget to set "/dev/cpuset/*/cpus" to 0-1?

Last edited:

Daedroza

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2014
github.com
Are you sure that you did not just forget to set "/dev/cpuset/*/cpus" to 0-1?

This is pretty much useless. You can set it manually on-early boot as soon as the virtual fs /dev is populated if it makes any difference for you. The original implementation was for post-2015, pre-2016 devices which were shipping the long term 3.10 kernel along with cpuset implemented in it of-course.

However, it is reverted (at least in Sony Open Source Projects), it's useless, causes mess with SUSPEND.

Not to mention, it is pointless to port this on 1G RAM, dual-core processor since the amount of computation required for calculation of proper placing of tasks on processor is not that great, because there are just 2 cores present.

Kernel can easily schedule tasking on the two cores, it way better than implementing / backporting the full cpuset.

Not to mention, cpuset divides the main memory in distinct memory banks for processes. Doing this on 1GB RAM device with Android Apps running is not a practical idea because of constant memory fragmentation.

The only thing that Qualcomm has forwarded with cgroups is the implementation of cpu.notify_on_migrate that requires proper cgroups, which is already present on many of the Sony devices.

NyQuilXT

Jan 15, 2016
New release July 19 includes my lights effects implementation presented here :https://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/ori...-xperia-sp-t3449300/post73049970#post73049970

Thank you so much for all your efforts you put into the development for this device!!!
I've tried the Lights effects feature and noticed that also the audio output stops, when the screen turns off while playing music with lights effects turned on and "only pulse with display on" activated. Anyone else too? (tested with 3rd party music players like AIMP etc)

Last edited:

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
Thank you so much for all your efforts you put into the development for this device!!!
I've tried the Lights effects feature and noticed that also the audio output stops, when the screen turns off while playing music with lights effects turned on and "only pulse with display on" activated. Anyone else too? (tested with 3rd party music players like AIMP etc)

My LightsEffectsService only listens to the media service events, it does not trigger play / pause commands.

It would be good that you first test / confirm you have an issue by completely disabling the lights_effects with the main switch,
then see with the awake option on and off if anything changes.

As a guess, right now all I can think off would be that the app itself has an issue interacting with display on / off situations.
I would also like to invite you to test with other music apps, especially with the default LineageOS' music player Eleven.
I tested with Eleven, Sony Music and a few other apps.

Thanks again for the job! Can you do something like that when you change the photos? The pre-cursed white light when it sounds like a sound when it hits your cell and calls you can be changed; Thanks:good::D

Thanks.
No I did not and do not intend to do that, because unlike music where I implemented it through a complicated registering into the media services
to know when a random music player starts / pauses / stops / get cover artwork, images are statically handled inside the application,
hence rely only on the app and no interaction is done with services to tell an image is being shown or its contents (that would be bad).

Therefore it would need me to modify and implement that on the Gallery app directly, which is not good when it concerns only 1 device from all LineageOS maintained devices,
and would also mean I would get random request of adding that or that application to support the feature,
which is exactly why I avoided for music players with the way I coded it with the media service.

Last edited:

NyQuilXT

Jan 15, 2016
My LightsEffectsService only listens to the media service events, it does not trigger play / pause commands.

It would be good that you first test / confirm you have an issue by completely disabling the lights_effects with the main switch,
then see with the awake option on and off if anything changes.

As a guess, right now all I can think off would be that the app itself has an issue interacting with display on / off situations.
I would also like to invite you to test with other music apps, especially with the default LineageOS' music player Eleven.
I tested with Eleven, Sony Music and a few other apps.

I don't mean any play/pause events - the audio output itself is interrupted..the player itself keeps playing...turning back on the screen...the audio output continues...
Same thing when disabling/enabling the lights effects feature in the settings menu while playing music with some 3rd party players...(tested with AIMP, Yo!tuner, Soundcloud)

Only Eleven is working fine there...and...well DI.FM radio app :eek:

ervinakoc x

Apr 18, 2015
Athens
One more thing! Vpn programs why do not they ever work? Just in stock! It's easy to make it work; Again, thank you for your time:D

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
I don't mean any play/pause events - the audio output itself is interrupted..the player itself keeps playing...turning back on the screen...the audio output continues...
Same thing when disabling/enabling the lights effects feature in the settings menu while playing music with some 3rd party players...(tested with AIMP, Yo!tuner, Soundcloud)

Only Eleven is working fine there...and...well DI.FM radio app :eek:

Alright that's interesting thanks.

I think I know what's happening : Out of the 5 audio routes needed for Lights Effects, there's only one that is also used for something else,
for the low-latency mixer used by some audio situations like the ones you used, unlike the deep-buffer mixer that is not related to these.

I'll look into it and figure a way around that when possible.

One more thing! Vpn programs why do not they ever work? Just in stock! It's easy to make it work; Again, thank you for your time:D

I never use VPN and therefore can't really test it for now, last time I did nothing relevant popped out.
As far as I know, apps like FlashVPN work just fine, hence VPN is fine from my point of view.

If some really use and need VPN, I'd invite them to look into it and try to figure out a fix / potential reason,
because I cannot do everything, especially for things that I am not concerned with hence can't work on myself.

Also be aware that (with lights_effects being 'almost' over) my main focus comes back to AOSP 8.0 Master (as pointed out by some already).

Majid.s

Jan 6, 2016
Tehran
Notification light

Thanks For this perfect Rom

Notification light> Use custom values , not works for me.
I set missed call to shows red color but That's show default color.

Thanks Again.

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io

You will find a zip for lights_effects in the Development downloads,
which includes the fix that should 99% sure resolve the issue your experienced.

If I'm right, it's because one of the audio routes I used to set for lights_effects,
(in fact the only one that collides with the normal audio routes from the mixer_paths),
was in fact not _required_ for the audio to reach the AS3665 LEDs controller.
Therefore it is useless to enable / disable it and by the same time override it when it's already in use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 14.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Xperia SP (Huashan) - 14.1 : https://mega.nz/#F!zp8mxS4B!X-_vO7IzoFpW12IdSn0S_A

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 7.x, Micro or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
    TWRP 3.x : http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/orig-development/-t3309938

Informations and references :
    Kernel CVEs : Security patches status https://cve.lineageos.org/android_kernel_sony_msm8960t
    About LineageOS updates : ChangeLog available on https://download.lineageos.org/huashan/changes/
    About LineageOS device side : See my GitHub trees linked below

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Install TWRP Recovery to the FOTA partition (Read the TWRP thread)
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to lose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS official upgrade from older builds :
    - (Information) Read the following post : Update & Build Prep
    - (Optional) Backup your applications and / or ROM
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Flash the EXPERIMENTAL migration build and reboot to Android
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM and reboot to Android

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    - (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    - (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    - (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    - Reboot

About the builds

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Q&A - FAQ
    LineageOS 14.1 Huashan Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

LineageOS available for Huashan also thanks to :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - The CyanogenMod Team
    - Everyone involved in working and testing​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    Adrian DC
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-31
    Last Updated 2020-08-15
    Reserved

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - ROM Recovery : Broken for signed official (see below)
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok, advanced colours control, Multiple LEDs, LEDs Brightness, ...
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & external audio : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok (RTC real hardware clock, in TWRP recovery too)
    - Powered-off alarm : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - Encryption : Works but system gets slower
    - SEPolicies : Fully enforced
    Last year I thought that Marshmallow will be last Android version for our phone but you surprised us with Nougat.
    AdrianDC, i know, it's rude to ask you, but will you look on development Android GO based on Android O for XSP?

I'm already working on and running Android O (master branch) on my Huashan so I guess the answer is yes... ;)
    Reserved

IMPORTANT FEATURES TO KNOW
    • Boot sequence : Once the LEDs light up :
      - Press Volume - to open the ROM recovery,
      - Press Volume + to open the FOTA recovery (TWRP usually) if available
    • Powered-off alarm : When you have set an alarm
      - If you power down the device, it will wake automatically 5 minutes before
      - If you let the device charge offline, it will automatically reboot 5 minutes before
    • Gestures : Events like hand-wave and pocket removal can be enabled in the Settings
    • Force reboot : You can reset the device by holding Power and Volume+ 5 seconds
    1. Official Lineage builds are getting progressively fixed on the new build servers & infrastructure
    2. Due to the new signing process of the ROM, there are new issues that arise and will have to be looked into
    3. I'll give infos about what the builds are meant for & about the migration solution we'll have
    4. Do not flash new builds unless you know what you are doing and have a backup, let us test for now
    5. If you have non-booting issues... The device can't die, it's a Sony ! Just power it off (Key combo or reset on the back) + fastboot
    6. Since 2 weeks my SP has a broken SIM card holder & is dismantled, I might be able to access the lab to resolder the new one this week
    7. I'm awfully busy with all Android projects and non-Android projects so please bare that in mind

;)