[ROM][SNOWCONE][mata][12] StatiXOS v5.0

Search This thread

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
LG G8
Hi!

I've just installed this ROM with the procedure of this thread (flash stock ROM, format and change filesystem, flash ROM, root with magisk canary) and I 'm having a weird bug. When I connect any headset (wired or bluetooth) the screen goes black, as if the system process failed suddenly. Any suggestion?
I just tried a wired headset (with an aftermarket dongle), and didn't have any problems. No idea about the bug, sorry...

I don't think it really matters here, but why did you use Magisk canary? The stable v.23 works just fine.

Darkside1984

Aug 28, 2014
Madrid
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hi!

I've just installed this ROM with the procedure of this thread (flash stock ROM, format and change filesystem, flash ROM, root with magisk canary) and I 'm having a weird bug. When I connect any headset (wired or bluetooth) the screen goes black, as if the system process failed suddenly. Any suggestion?
Looking for possible solutions I've removed root and uninstalled Magisk. The problem persists. When I plug any headset, the system ui seems to crash... :cry:

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
LG G8
Looking for possible solutions I've removed root and uninstalled Magisk. The problem persists. When I plug any headset, the system ui seems to crash... :cry:
Just a thought... I may be barking up the wrong tree, but could be worth a shot. Which stock ROM did you use as a base? The last available stock (Feb 2020) does cause some issues when flashing StatixOS - that was true for the A11 builds. For example, a well-known issue of Chrome browser crashing, and I believe there was something else, but don't recall the details. The previous stock build QQ1A.200105.007 (Jan 2020) seems to be a much better choice. If you flashed the Februrary stock, I'd suggest starting over with the one from January.

hasinov

Oct 6, 2019
Hey! I flashed 24 magisk, everything is fine, but the screen is now out of bounds in applications! What should be done?

aamadorj

Hey! I flashed 24 magisk, everything is fine, but the screen is now out of bounds in applications! What should be done?
My PH-1 is running StatixOS Snowcone build 2021-12-20 and until yesterday it was rooted with Magisk 23.0. I installed new Magisk 24.0 using "direct install" and the process was flawless. I haven't seen any side effect of this Magisk update.

Last edited:

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
My PH-1 is running StatixOS Snowcone build 2021-12-20 and until yesterday it was rooted with Magisk 23.0. I installed new Magisk 24.0 using "direct install" and the process was flawless. I haven't seen any side effect of this Magisk update.
V24 is supposed to remove magiskhide. If that was important to you, that's where the major difference will be.

hmsq

Nov 9, 2006
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Guys does the bootloader need to be unlocked? Thanks

edit* Unlocked bootloader but cannot flash this at all. Always get this error and then it gets stuck on boot if I try and use fastboot update

C:\Users\hmsq\Downloads>fastboot -w
wiping userdata...
Erase successful, but not automatically formatting.
Can't determine partition type.
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
erasing 'userdata'...
FAILED (remote: Check device console.)
finished. total time: -0.000s

Last edited:

aamadorj

Guys does the bootloader need to be unlocked? Thanks

edit* Unlocked bootloader but cannot flash this at all. Always get this error and then it gets stuck on boot if I try and use fastboot update

C:\Users\hmsq\Downloads>fastboot -w
wiping userdata...
Erase successful, but not automatically formatting.
Can't determine partition type.
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
erasing 'userdata'...
FAILED (remote: Check device console.)
finished. total time: -0.000s
AFAIK, bootloader has to be unlocked to flash any non stock ROM.

A while ago, I had the same issue as you described and I was caused by outdated fastboot and by connecting my phone with my computer using a USB-C port. I downloaded updated Google Android platform tools from here and used an USB-A port and then the installation went smoothly.

Reactions: hmsq

hmsq

Nov 9, 2006
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
AFAIK, bootloader has to be unlocked to flash any non stock ROM.

A while ago, I had the same issue as you described and I was caused by outdated fastboot and by connecting my phone with my computer using a USB-C port. I downloaded updated Google Android platform tools from here and used an USB-A port and then the installation went smoothly.
Thanks, I realised that as soon as I posted. ;)

Yeah using a USB-C but also tried USB-A in my PC, does USB3 or USB2 make a difference? Will try out the latest fasttboot, I think I have a few installed need to clean it out.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018

Yeah using a USB-C but also tried USB-A in my PC, does USB3 or USB2 make a difference? Will try out the latest fasttboot, I think I have a few installed need to clean it out.
Oddly enough, a number of installation guides for flashing ROMs recommend using a usb 2.0 port.

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
LG G8

From personal experience - with PH-1, always use the adb/fastboot binaries that come bundled with the Essential USB driver, and not the Android Platform Tools, Minimal ADB, etc. And yes, USB 2.0 port is generally a preferred option based on the feedback from many people, although USB 3.0 ports work for me on two different laptops.

WillWire

Mar 8, 2022
From personal experience - with PH-1, always use the adb/fastboot binaries that come bundled with the Essential USB driver, and not the Android Platform Tools, Minimal ADB, etc. And yes, USB 2.0 port is generally a preferred option based on the feedback from many people, although USB 3.0 ports work for me on two different laptops.
Just reflashed my mata again after a 6 month break and usind a new laptop. Fastboot is not available on cable bundled with phone. Type C to Type C working fine using both Thunderbolt 4 and usual usb 3.0 with type A adapter.

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
LG G8
Fastboot is not available on cable bundled with phone.
Not sure what you mean here... I was talking about the Essential USB driver package - it does include adb and fastboot binaries which get installed together with the driver. Those are the binaries recommended for flashing the PH-1, rather than any other adb/fastboot packages.

As for the original USB cable that comes with the phone, there is a well-known problem with using it for flashing or data transfer - the original cable should never be used for anything but charging the phone.

Leohearts

Dec 7, 2021
Chengdu
It's working perfectly since flashed this rom for 3 months :)
But HDMI audio seems not working. It shows video but audio is from phone speaker, not TV.
with another phone both HDMI audio and video works so it seems isn't because of the cable.
I'm using version 20211127, with Magisk root and gapps.
Is there anyone meeting the same problem or is there any change in the newest version? Thanks!

Last edited:

codenation

Aug 5, 2013
Milwaukee
install the magisk app, copy the original boot img of statixos's to storage then patch it using the magisk app, copy back the patched boot img to your PC, reboot phone to bootloader and flash the patched boot img, launch magisk app again after phone reboot to finish the root setup
Here is the patched boot you can flash. Hope it helps someone

Attachments

• magisk_patched-statixph1.img
    27.8 MB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

stx-2021.png

StatiXOS for Essential PH-1 (mata)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

Some minor Launcher bugs (thanks AOSP)
    SElinux Permissive

1. Download the image
    2. Reboot your Essential Phone to bootloader and plug it in to your computer
    3. Now open up your Terminal (macOS and Linux) or Command Prompt (Windows) and download the firmware from the links below.
    4. Once downloaded, type in fastboot -w to make sure your /data is formatted
    5. Now type in fastboot update <location of the firmware>, things will be automated from this point on.
    6. Profit!

Note: Please keep in mind that this is an beta release and is being actively worked on. Updates would arrive as things are fixed so please be patient and if you report a bug, please be sure to explain what caused it and a logcat.

Note: MAGISK NOT SUPPORTED. Fixed B-)

Prerequisite firmware: Latest stock Android 10
    Android version: 12.0.0
    Linux Kernel Version: 4.4.205
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    As promised here: The StatiXOS build for mata with all the Pixel goodies is here! This build is a proof-of-concept build which demonstrates how optimized software (and basically 5 year old flagship hardware) can keep a phone going long after a manufacturer (Essential in this case) abandons them.

This build contains most if not all the latest and greatest Pixel features that you would come to expect from say a Pixel 5. A lot of optimizations I made to the kernel over the months has led you all to this smooth experience and I hope you all like it! Cheers :)

Download: Nope.

You would need a full wipe to boot this up and have things work correctly so make sure you backup your device.

P.S. I apologize for the late release. Had uni finals to deal with 😁
    Oh and by the way, December SPL with Pixel feature drop build is now up and is compatible with Magisk!

Note: I highly recommend you switch to F2FS; support for which has been included in this build. To migrate userdata to F2FS, simply type the following in a shell prompt:

Code:
    fastboot format:f2fs userdata

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/mata/fastbootimages/statix_mata-SNOWCONE-20211220.zip
    I love this ROM and am very appreciative of the work you've done to keep my favorite phone off all time going. Magisk compatibility would be a nice addition. And maybe a pixel launcher version that allows the 2X2 grid pattern and super large icon folders on the desktop. Old people approved. Good work.
    Magisk request fulfilled. Builds soon :D
    i'm on bliss rom android 10 custom rom. what is the whole process include magisk to switch and install this rom?how do i know about F2FS?
    I basically followed "How to Flash" instructions at OP, but before I started the upgrade process I patched the boot image from the 2021-12-20 build with Magisk and then I created a new StatiXOS zip with it. This way, the installation of the ROM gave me root access since first boot.

In order to switch to F2FS, I just used the fastboot command posted here, right after the fastboot -w command at "How to Flash".