[ROM][SNOWCONE][mata][12] StatiXOS v5.0

Search This thread

shri_chanakya

Aug 7, 2012
Seattle, WA
On ubuntu 22.04 lastest fastboot tool it fails to find partition using fastboot update .zip file.

Had to extract the file and individually write the system_a, system_b... boot and vendor. Seems like fastboot update for some reason is adding another _ so it becomes system__a and results in failure.

also fastboot w does not work due to "
/usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/mke2fs failed with status 1
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata"

i used fastboot erase userdata and that cleared data from user partition.

hopefully this helps some one :)

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet
been using this rom for about a couple of months, at first it super duper smooth only essential camera causes a little bit of problems, and slowly other apps start freezing more often day by day and after using it for a month it becomes almost unusable, crashing lagging and all that. i have tried flashing with update command and also manually on top on latest PH1-Images-QQ1A.200105.007 firmware with modem and without modem also tried flasing vendor after flashing firmware install, all fails, if anyone can point out where i'm doing wrong, please do.
also i just reflashed, the essentail camera still causing problems, i'm wonder it the other problems would slowly come back

Last edited:

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
been using this rom for about a couple of months, at first it super duper smooth only essential camera causes a little bit of problems, and slowly other apps start freezing more often day by day and after using it for a month it becomes almost unusable, crashing lagging and all that. i have tried flashing with update command and also manually on top on latest PH1-Images-QQ1A.200105.007 firmware with modem and without modem also tried flasing vendor after flashing firmware install, all fails, if anyone can point out where i'm doing wrong, please do.
also i just reflashed, the essentail camera still causing problems, i'm wonder it the other problems would slowly come back
Back to Jan stock is simple, if you still have TWRP, wipe everything, making sure adb is working, put phone in bootloader mode, and issue command flashall from stock unzip folder. There's no need to flash modem separately.

sga999

Mar 13, 2012
I know that others have said that flashing January (007) is enough to fix the Chrome freeze problem. I don't know that your issues are part of that same problem. But for me, the only thing that fixes the Chrome freeze is flashing 112 modem as I mentioned in post 119. It's hard to understand how January fixes it for some but not for me and some others.

Reactions: Port r

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet
I know that others have said that flashing January (007) is enough to fix the Chrome freeze problem. I don't know that your issues are part of that same problem. But for me, the only thing that fixes the Chrome freeze is flashing 112 modem as I mentioned in post 119. It's hard to understand how January fixes it for some but not for me and some others.
thank you, i was just about to give up on the rom, i'll try that the 112 and see if it helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

stx-2021.png

StatiXOS for Essential PH-1 (mata)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

Some minor Launcher bugs (thanks AOSP)
    SElinux Permissive

1. Download the image
    2. Reboot your Essential Phone to bootloader and plug it in to your computer
    3. Now open up your Terminal (macOS and Linux) or Command Prompt (Windows) and download the firmware from the links below.
    4. Once downloaded, type in fastboot -w to make sure your /data is formatted
    5. Now type in fastboot update <location of the firmware>, things will be automated from this point on.
    6. Profit!

Note: Please keep in mind that this is an beta release and is being actively worked on. Updates would arrive as things are fixed so please be patient and if you report a bug, please be sure to explain what caused it and a logcat.

Note: MAGISK NOT SUPPORTED. Fixed B-)

Prerequisite firmware: Latest stock Android 10
    Android version: 12.0.0
    Linux Kernel Version: 4.4.205
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    As promised here: The StatiXOS build for mata with all the Pixel goodies is here! This build is a proof-of-concept build which demonstrates how optimized software (and basically 5 year old flagship hardware) can keep a phone going long after a manufacturer (Essential in this case) abandons them.

This build contains most if not all the latest and greatest Pixel features that you would come to expect from say a Pixel 5. A lot of optimizations I made to the kernel over the months has led you all to this smooth experience and I hope you all like it! Cheers :)

Download: Nope.

You would need a full wipe to boot this up and have things work correctly so make sure you backup your device.

P.S. I apologize for the late release. Had uni finals to deal with 😁
    Oh and by the way, December SPL with Pixel feature drop build is now up and is compatible with Magisk!

Note: I highly recommend you switch to F2FS; support for which has been included in this build. To migrate userdata to F2FS, simply type the following in a shell prompt:

Code:
    fastboot format:f2fs userdata

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/mata/fastbootimages/statix_mata-SNOWCONE-20211220.zip
    I love this ROM and am very appreciative of the work you've done to keep my favorite phone off all time going. Magisk compatibility would be a nice addition. And maybe a pixel launcher version that allows the 2X2 grid pattern and super large icon folders on the desktop. Old people approved. Good work.
    Magisk request fulfilled. Builds soon :D
    i'm on bliss rom android 10 custom rom. what is the whole process include magisk to switch and install this rom?how do i know about F2FS?
    I basically followed "How to Flash" instructions at OP, but before I started the upgrade process I patched the boot image from the 2021-12-20 build with Magisk and then I created a new StatiXOS zip with it. This way, the installation of the ROM gave me root access since first boot.

In order to switch to F2FS, I just used the fastboot command posted here, right after the fastboot -w command at "How to Flash".