• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SOFIAP][11][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS][VANILLA] ArrowOS

Search This thread

go vegan

Aug 22, 2017
I haven't been able to do anything useful with the moto_flash_tool_linux. Do I need to? Where can I find instructions for that?

Despite that, I've done a fresh install of this ROM 2-3 times, and micro-G keeps crashing. That's about as far as I'm getting.

1- Install Arrow-v11.0-SOFIA-R-P-RAV-UNOFFICIAL-20210620-VANILLA.zip via TWRP.
2- Boot to system.
3- Install Magisk via TWRP.
4- Boot to system.
5- Install Magisk Manager.
6- Install "microG Installer Revived" via Magisk.
7- Reboot.
8- micro-G crashes.
9- Go through the self-checks and/or other settings in micro-G, and it still keeps crashing.

Screenshot_20210719-235050.png

go vegan

Aug 22, 2017
Despite that, I've done a fresh install of this ROM 2-3 times, and micro-G keeps crashing. That's about as far as I'm getting.
This is weird, but I figured it out… I have no idea how this happened, but somehow microG was selected in the MagiskHide menu. De-selecting it seems to have resolved the issue.

Apparently this is a bug in Magisk. Enabling MagiskHide somehow automatically hides 1/3 of the microG modules :(

GmsCore force closes when Magisk Hide is activated. #1499

GooglePlayServices Force Close On Enabling Magisk Hide #4465

Screenshot_20210720-025039.png

Reactions: rotorline

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Is my Moto G Power XT2041-4 SOFIA (G8 Family?) device compatible with ROMs that say SOFIAR as the code name? (I believe SOFIA is USA & SOFIAR is Europe)

yep, they work fine, any of the roms (except for one of the lineage os builds in the g fast forums) are built on unified device trees. You should be fine

Reactions: rotorline
Oct 29, 2014
Moto G Stylus
Is anybody else phone really loud? I maybe go up 4 increments in the volume, and its already loud. Haven't really tested it on any other apps besides Spotify.

Turns out it was a spotify+moto audio problem. After I reset the settings on moto audio, everything was good. So far I've been really liking this ROM, very fast and smooth experience, got magisk and microG running properly. This is as close to stock android I ever been.

Last edited:

uhsarp

Jan 11, 2009
Phew! The instructions could have been a bit more clearer. Here's a summary
  1. This ROM can only be installed from a bootloader unlocked Android 10 Stock rom only.
    1. If you are on Android 11, flash Android 10 stock rom using the Motorola Flash Tool.
    2. If your bootloader is unlocked, google to find instructions on how to unlock it
  2. Download the Zip with gapps (not the images zip)
  3. Install twrp (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img)
  4. Restart to Recovery
  5. Advance Wipe -> Wipe Cache/Data
  6. Go to ADB Sideload, disconnect and reconnect the cable to pc
  7. type in adb sideload file_name

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
  1. This ROM can only be installed from a bootloader unlocked Android 10 Stock rom only.
    1. If you are on Android 11, flash Android 10 stock rom using the Motorola Flash Tool.
    2. If your bootloader is unlocked, google to find instructions on how to unlock it
  4. Restart to Recovery
No need to adb sideload anything.
Formatting data is a better idea.
Some people dont need twrp, thus fastboot d images and instructions are also there.
The rest is there already.

4. Restart to Recovery
Hi there, can you explain to me how to properly downgrade go Android 10?
I mean, what tool do i need, where to download it and how to use it?
I couldn't find any official way to downgrade from Android 11...

Thanks in advance

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
dumb question because i just forget cause i usually don't need to do this but if i already have this rom installed can i dirty flash it? ive been noticing very recently and im not sure what's causing it, but when using spotify while my phone is hooked up to my cars bluetooth radio, spotify randomly just randomly pauses and i basically have to fight the pause/play button till it works again the bluetooth connection itself stays connected but its like there is something killing the service. im not sure ive used an older versionof spotify that was last working and its doing this to

Top Liked Posts