• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SOFIAR][11][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS][VANILLA] ArrowOS

Search This thread

jdude520

Oct 28, 2019
Just download the rom manually and flash with the moto flash tool linked in the first post. You can find the stock rom here for sofiar: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/sofiar/official/ [Need to pick your own version obviously].
So you are saying I can actually go backwards to Android OS 10 ? I was under the impression that it was not possible, since android 10, to revert to a prior stock rom? I am not saying i I am right but I know my samsung was very particular that way

jdude520

Oct 28, 2019
Ya I am sure I am right now, just for future reference. I do not believe you can go back once you have been upgraded to Android 11.

Attachments

• image_2021-05-30_133316.png
    image_2021-05-30_133316.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 41

Carl-Robert

May 24, 2021
Ya I am sure I am right now, just for future reference. I do not believe you can go back once you have been upgraded to Android 11.
Except I did and I told you to do it on my first post in this issue... Just follow the instructions like you said you did in the first ranting post. I'm unwatching this thread for now, do with this information what you want.

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Hi. I'm on stock 10 locked BL XT-2041-1. Will it work for me? I know how to unlock BL, but I was wondering if does it matter if I try this rom under 10 or after taking ota 11.
By the way, I need to know if I unlock BL, will I be able to try freely any custom rom, and go back to stock 10/11 via twrp/lsma ? Thanks.

EDIT: My latest flashing experience was some years ago with a moto E 1st gen. I managed to unlock BL, install stocks roms (4.4.2 and 5.1) with fastboot. and tried Lineage with twrp. Are theese steps similar to the XT-2041-1 ?

Last edited:

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
Hi. I'm on stock 10 locked BL XT-2041-1. Will it work for me? I know how to unlock BL, but I was wondering if does it matter if I try this rom under 10 or after taking ota 11.
By the way, I need to know if I unlock BL, will I be able to try freely any custom rom, and go back to stock 10/11 via twrp/lsma ? Thanks.

EDIT: My latest flashing experience was some years ago with a moto E 1st gen. I managed to unlock BL, install stocks roms (4.4.2 and 5.1) with fastboot. and tried Lineage with twrp. Are theese steps similar to the XT-2041-1 ?

you have to be on android 10 mate, twrp isnt compatible with 11 yet for us.

Reactions: mortadelax

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Thanks! Is there a special way to update, or is it just the standard steps but without the format data part? Also, is it fine if Magisk is installed while updating?
If you are using twrp, just flash the updated rom, then select reboot to recovery if you have magisk installed, reflash magisk and reboot.

If you dont have magisk, just flash the rom and reboot.

RaspberryPiBen

Aug 4, 2017
If you are using twrp, just flash the updated rom, then select reboot to recovery if you have magisk installed, reflash magisk and reboot.

If you dont have magisk, just flash the rom and reboot.
Is it possible to transition a fastboot-installed ROM to TWRP or are they incompatible? Also, the TWRP linked in the main post says it deleted. Can the ROM now work with the TWRP linked here?

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Is it possible to transition a fastboot-installed ROM to TWRP or are they incompatible? Also, the TWRP linked in the main post says it deleted. Can the ROM now work with the TWRP linked here?
Going from one to the other should be fine. There is also fastboot d images, you could flash them, reboot to system, then re-patch the boot.img or whatever you did last time for root.

I re-added the twrp file too, didnt realise i had removed it. Its available from the same link.

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Check this. Maybe you can roll back.

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Check this. Maybe you can roll back.

You definitely can. Probably just as easy to use the Moto Flash Tool linked in the first post.

Reactions: mortadelax

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Ok, thanks. So, if I unlock BL being on 10, may I try whatever rom I want, including android 11 rom, and go back to 10 ? I'm not talking about ota, just twrp or lsma.
Plz I need to ask a final question. What happen if I take OTA 11. Will I be able to unlock BL, use fastboot to install 10 if I don't like 11? Or the safe way is to unlock BL under 10 then try whatever rom? I know there's a post by sd_shadow that confirm we can downgrade from 11 o 10 using LSMA. I feel it risky. Thanks

Top Liked Posts