Sony AOSP project
I'm not liable for anything YOU do to YOUR device, YOU are doing it and it's YOUR device.
What is it?
It's a project developed and maintained by Sony Xperia Developers team.
You can get more informations here: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/
Can I build it by myself?
Sure, just follow these instructions and have patience!
What works and what doesn't?
According to this official page, almost everything seems to be fine.
How can I flash it?
Follow these steps:
- Unlock the bootloader (this will erase your data and will void warranty): https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
- Setup fastboot on your PC (there are many guides for this step)
- Download and unpack the zip archive
- Open a shell into the folder containing unpacked files
- Run these commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img (it’s not necessary to flash userdata every time)
- Download and unpack the corresponding vendor image from here: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/downloads/software-binaries
- Open a shell into the folder containing unpacked image
- Run this command:
- fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_xxxxx.img (where "xxxxx" varies depending on the file)
- (optional) In case you want to flash GApps, Magisk or other mods, you can use TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xa2-ultra/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-touch-recovery-t3774193
- Reboot the device and enjoy!
You can get the builds from my AFH folder: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=269497.
I haven't done any change to Sony's source code, these are vanilla builds.
All credits go to Sony and Google.
Sony AOSP, ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra
Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2018-05-08