[ROM][SOURCE] CyanogenMod 11 [3/25/2016][STABLE]

Search This thread

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
As of 8/18/2016, this will no longer be supported by me. Thank you all for providing feedback.

Hi everyone,

I have ported cm11 to the HTC First along with the MSM8960 kernel. The rom is mostly working and is stable. The only major bug left is the DSP and AMP (see below)

uEFPlK5xoCa5d2pyakroPdwSnR5dpPIniwuXB9fznZzz7mplKHAuUYazhgf39zO5mCLhpm9wPXSSSqpEQ1PadBnZGJKN8JNJfdontP4-DY3HVYHanLW1qD09LbfcGkhK4h_XSCBEwXOd-8jDyQaF9CXA45qNLZ6OzUeR-UuX4tw90yUZNGO0U5njGIzTquTJKA-rURZbmjumEM5mdSrNFd-3j7OrTIkF4puxEfRrS3TuFVWv0r1HMJQvzdfybvZFG74Lcahz30ClN2NYM0jVKDQssjXo_ujbVABrBLpIKAo2FtlgBeLzWwbNc5KAskiPZ-0H0S4ofuBCtS33IQDWyvcp8c8Wu546sXE63ERdHy67BYjEwKwJUuooKoZizxXUalbf7dEztQLWlJFpzfom-eFh4RcRDj6yVq-Ihwj0g7Kifm3TNxArMWXZnV-5WoIyCyQrS_Xk4qpfoTfRE2eLbDVKORQFK27BIiu1MiGss3VKnvhQzMiyEUQapq66q1S1uYEfSEk83mcwbapCWKglAZ4FW4ZRLmPmU-W1oCyan1JJyXWwY4vaSBQaLBmmy8kTsUFO=w355-h631-no

zlVanRZdA0NwKdYGOw0pv83Fwp1aSw1VNRI8OJS_XF-W81c5Bl506wyDKS8LiiTjzgy9oqbaUQrNCfUgXlmsLCSAHNy2ayncS3tgF2Q_k4ubeSu417xGDb13tgGqJ8TEOJjsmdsjckpO_J-aw3Jm-5TBSDAFVSa6btAyx0fET5XjAg5lb4Q1G8DGV2oZcPTkwpQWl8C9Smq1LRPmB5g83MdIVovztg_1e6hnb-eo8iLH42Y6N19zhfglbhFcoAj6v6GF5iHzzpEtx75YoiK2co7dgvkkc6iYANtSuIYgdaLp7hdeYPLQfMN_3Ph7N-PhrGsWwC0Qs7EfDEBU04lp1ovxu1GNTuGHFinhBpH8NVHF_KgcpjFlvq5bYZJz9SQnl7bz5W3BDMrLYCvEC5xPCo1Eu8rc7iyV3HUX_LGVldq_hBMt334FRz0SdgxwxIwxlbQ7u3ORJbTxZk_sd2W8HlOnb_Tjk4HNVPvS1_-hHjvaLuSMHZQQfXFlTEdbdeJ4GVBy67FR_wSDJBD5SVr6UNdtEnBRakc4QjnMTuLNe-WPg4mnfPYYUE1o_Vptg7PLu28g=w355-h631-no

What works:
- Data (4G/3G)
- GPU Acceleration
- phone calls
- NFC
- USB Tethering/Hotspot

What does't work:
- Speaker DSP and AMP (dsp is currently disabled. It does not work because the open source hals for the tfa9887 dsp and amp do not initialize it correctly. Speaker volume is a bit lower and may not be as "crisp" as stock)

Code:
[B]Installation steps (If you are coming from stock rom, otherwise just flash the rom):[/B]
1) S-OFF your phone.  HTC dev unlocked with S-ON is fine too, but you will have to flash boot.img manually after installing the update)
2) backup your data (including your "sdcard") (Example: adb pull /data/media ~/Desktop/backup)
3) flash recovery
4) boot into recovery
5) go to "mounts and storage" and format "/system", "/cache", and "/data and /data/media (/sdcard)" [COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]
6) sideload rom
7) [OPTIONAL] sideload cm11 gapps (get your gapps from [url=http://opengapps.org/]OpenGapps[/url].  I recommend at least "micro")
8) reboot
*If you do not format all the partitions (especially "/data and /data/media (/sdcard)" option) when migrating from stock, QSEECOM/TrustZone won't work correctly and may cause random app crashing.

Download:

cm-11-20160321-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip
cm-11-20160324-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip
cm-11-2016-0325-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip
cm-11-20160717-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip (latest)

Recovery:
CWM 6.0.5.1

Code:
[center][b]Changelog:[/b][/center]
[b]2016/07/17[/b]
- Upstream kernel patches from CyanogenMod
- June 1 Security Patch Level
- Misc CM updates
[b]2016/03/25[/b]
- Enabled ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) feature for camera
[b]2016/03/24[/b]
- Most stable release
- Fully working camera/panorama/camcorder
- Various small fixes
[b]2016/03/21[/b]
- Camera/Camcorder is partially working
- Fixed audio bugs (mostly)

Source for building ROM:
GitHub

Notes:
- Recently opened apps is now mapped to 'long press home' instead of double tap.
- "Sdcard" data is now stored under /data/media/0, and not /data/media.

My support for this ROM is limited. Flash at your own risk. Please report all bugs in this thread (with a logcat and dmesg) and I will try to fix them.

Last edited:

hohosanta

Nov 30, 2010
Big thanks to you for making this rom. Must be hard work for you to do it alone. hope you will work for fixing bug later when you have free time. Thank you again. Have a great thanks giving.

hohosanta

Nov 30, 2010
I have quick question.
Do you happen to know how to center stock android lock screen clock on 4.1.2 ?
I know i need to modifiy system apk or something but don't know where and how to do it.
It will be breat if you can teach me how to, If you know, and If you have time.
And Thank you again :)

hohosanta

Nov 30, 2010
I just tested your rom really nice !!!! Thank you for your amaging work!!!! I really hope you will work for this rom. I understand that you have other things to do. So ther are not much things that I can ask to you. But please do fix bug when you have free time. Thank you again :)

hohosanta

Nov 30, 2010
Is there anybody who's willing to pick up this project and make daily driver ?? It's so sad that it is finished.

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
Camera now partially works, but I cannot capture the image yet. Mic and all audio are now fixed. The proximity sensor is also fixed. I am still working on camera and NFC.

Again, you can check for updates at https://github.com/CMyst and feel free to open an issue for whatever bug you find. I will be building another release soon!

Last edited:

CornfedChris

May 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
Camera now partially works, but I cannot capture the image yet. Mic and all audio are now fixed. The proximity sensor is also fixed. I am still working on camera and NFC.

Again, you can check for updates at https://github.com/CMyst and feel free to open an issue for whatever bug you find. I will be building another release soon!

I appreciate your work on this, and I am anxiously awaiting the completed project! :good::D

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
@hohosanta @CornfedChris Rom updated! Fixed the microphone/speaker bug but camera/camcorder still doesn't fully work.

Edit: I have fixed the camera issue and camcorder recording. Rom will be updated shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: devtee

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
Rom updated. Everything should be working (except for the speaker amp). Camera/Camcorder is fixed.. If there's still anyone around..

Reactions: devtee

devtee

Mar 9, 2016
Rom updated. Everything should be working (except for the speaker amp). Camera/Camcorder is fixed.. If there's still anyone around..

Of course :)

Just out of curiosity since I don't own this phone (yet), the deactivated speaker dsp concerns the speaker that is used for music playback and not the one that is used for calls, correct?

Reactions: jianC

jianC

Sep 3, 2013

Just out of curiosity since I don't own this phone (yet), the deactivated speaker dsp concerns the speaker that is used for music playback and not the one that is used for calls, correct?

That is correct, the deactivated speaker dsp/amp only concerns the bottom external speaker.

dcfgfs

Jun 27, 2015
I am a user from Chinese I found some problems in the use of this ROM so to give you feedback
image:imgur.com/r96eyYN
image:imgur.com/oyS5uFr

Forgive my poor English:(

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
I am a user from Chinese I found some problems in the use of this ROM so to give you feedback
image:imgur.com/r96eyYN
image:imgur.com/oyS5uFr

Forgive my poor English:(

Have you factory reset your phone (from recovery, not fastboot) and flashed the right gapps?

dcfgfs

Jun 27, 2015
Have you factory reset your phone (from recovery, not fastboot) and flashed the right gapps?

:laugh: Very happy to get your reply

You're asking me if I had this step in the implementation of the data prior to installation? Yes I have.
But in the use of Google for some reason and my country is not very convenient. So I did not install gapps.

Forgive my poor English I hope you can understand

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
:laugh: Very happy to get your reply

You're asking me if I had this step in the implementation of the data prior to installation? Yes I have.
But in the use of Google for some reason and my country is not very convenient. So I did not install gapps.

Forgive my poor English I hope you can understand

Don't worry, I can understand you fine. Can you send me a logcat?

You can save the logcat by running this command:
Code:
adb logcat -d > logcat.txt

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
Update posted! Enabled ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) camera feature.
@dcfgfs The crashing apps is probably because QSEECOM (security to prevent malware from running) is not running correctly. I will let you know once I fix it.

EDIT: The crashing you experienced is because your /data partition isn't formatted correctly. By default, factory reset in the recovery wipes everything except for /data/media (where your "sdcard" is) and QSEECOM throws an error because of that (I'm not exactly sure why). It is my fault I did not specify how to properly format the partitions. Here are the instructions to fix it (with the rom already installed)
Code:
1) backup your data again (including your sdcard)
    adb pull /data/media <your location>  (Example: adb pull /data/media ~/Desktop/backup)
2) boot into recovery
3) go to "mounts and storage" and format "/cache", and "/data and /data/media (/sdcard)"
4) reboot

Last edited:

dcfgfs

Jun 27, 2015
Update posted! Enabled ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) camera feature.
@dcfgfs The crashing apps is probably because QSEECOM (security to prevent malware from running) is not running correctly. I will let you know once I fix it.

EDIT: The crashing you experienced is because your /data partition isn't formatted correctly. By default, factory reset in the recovery wipes everything except for /data/media (where your "sdcard" is) and QSEECOM throws an error because of that (I'm not exactly sure why). It is my fault I did not specify how to properly format the partitions. Here are the instructions to fix it (with the rom already installed)
Code:
1) backup your data again (including your sdcard)
    adb pull /data/media <your location>  (Example: adb pull /data/media ~/Desktop/backup)
2) boot into recovery
3) go to "mounts and storage" and format "/cache", and "/data and /data/media (/sdcard)"
4) reboot

Very sorry. Now reply to your message.
I'm going to try the steps you follow.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

very sorry. Now reply to your message.
I'm going to try the steps you follow.

Because I have the phone back to the original appearance. I'm going to re download the firmware.

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

This is the picture that I recorded when I performed the empty data.
image:imgur.com/biMfkgP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of 8/18/2016, this will no longer be supported by me. Thank you all for providing feedback.

Hi everyone,

I have ported cm11 to the HTC First along with the MSM8960 kernel. The rom is mostly working and is stable. The only major bug left is the DSP and AMP (see below)

uEFPlK5xoCa5d2pyakroPdwSnR5dpPIniwuXB9fznZzz7mplKHAuUYazhgf39zO5mCLhpm9wPXSSSqpEQ1PadBnZGJKN8JNJfdontP4-DY3HVYHanLW1qD09LbfcGkhK4h_XSCBEwXOd-8jDyQaF9CXA45qNLZ6OzUeR-UuX4tw90yUZNGO0U5njGIzTquTJKA-rURZbmjumEM5mdSrNFd-3j7OrTIkF4puxEfRrS3TuFVWv0r1HMJQvzdfybvZFG74Lcahz30ClN2NYM0jVKDQssjXo_ujbVABrBLpIKAo2FtlgBeLzWwbNc5KAskiPZ-0H0S4ofuBCtS33IQDWyvcp8c8Wu546sXE63ERdHy67BYjEwKwJUuooKoZizxXUalbf7dEztQLWlJFpzfom-eFh4RcRDj6yVq-Ihwj0g7Kifm3TNxArMWXZnV-5WoIyCyQrS_Xk4qpfoTfRE2eLbDVKORQFK27BIiu1MiGss3VKnvhQzMiyEUQapq66q1S1uYEfSEk83mcwbapCWKglAZ4FW4ZRLmPmU-W1oCyan1JJyXWwY4vaSBQaLBmmy8kTsUFO=w355-h631-no

zlVanRZdA0NwKdYGOw0pv83Fwp1aSw1VNRI8OJS_XF-W81c5Bl506wyDKS8LiiTjzgy9oqbaUQrNCfUgXlmsLCSAHNy2ayncS3tgF2Q_k4ubeSu417xGDb13tgGqJ8TEOJjsmdsjckpO_J-aw3Jm-5TBSDAFVSa6btAyx0fET5XjAg5lb4Q1G8DGV2oZcPTkwpQWl8C9Smq1LRPmB5g83MdIVovztg_1e6hnb-eo8iLH42Y6N19zhfglbhFcoAj6v6GF5iHzzpEtx75YoiK2co7dgvkkc6iYANtSuIYgdaLp7hdeYPLQfMN_3Ph7N-PhrGsWwC0Qs7EfDEBU04lp1ovxu1GNTuGHFinhBpH8NVHF_KgcpjFlvq5bYZJz9SQnl7bz5W3BDMrLYCvEC5xPCo1Eu8rc7iyV3HUX_LGVldq_hBMt334FRz0SdgxwxIwxlbQ7u3ORJbTxZk_sd2W8HlOnb_Tjk4HNVPvS1_-hHjvaLuSMHZQQfXFlTEdbdeJ4GVBy67FR_wSDJBD5SVr6UNdtEnBRakc4QjnMTuLNe-WPg4mnfPYYUE1o_Vptg7PLu28g=w355-h631-no

What works:
    - Data (4G/3G)
    - GPU Acceleration
    - phone calls
    - NFC
    - USB Tethering/Hotspot

What does't work:
    - Speaker DSP and AMP (dsp is currently disabled. It does not work because the open source hals for the tfa9887 dsp and amp do not initialize it correctly. Speaker volume is a bit lower and may not be as "crisp" as stock)

Code:
    [B]Installation steps (If you are coming from stock rom, otherwise just flash the rom):[/B]
    1) S-OFF your phone.  HTC dev unlocked with S-ON is fine too, but you will have to flash boot.img manually after installing the update)
    2) backup your data (including your "sdcard") (Example: adb pull /data/media ~/Desktop/backup)
    3) flash recovery
    4) boot into recovery
    5) go to "mounts and storage" and format "/system", "/cache", and "/data and /data/media (/sdcard)" [COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]
    6) sideload rom
    7) [OPTIONAL] sideload cm11 gapps (get your gapps from [url=http://opengapps.org/]OpenGapps[/url].  I recommend at least "micro")
    8) reboot
    *If you do not format all the partitions (especially "/data and /data/media (/sdcard)" option) when migrating from stock, QSEECOM/TrustZone won't work correctly and may cause random app crashing.

Download:

cm-11-20160321-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip
    cm-11-20160324-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip
    cm-11-2016-0325-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip
    cm-11-20160717-UNOFFICIAL-mystul.zip (latest)

Recovery:
    CWM 6.0.5.1

Code:
    [center][b]Changelog:[/b][/center]
    [b]2016/07/17[/b]
    - Upstream kernel patches from CyanogenMod
    - June 1 Security Patch Level
    - Misc CM updates
    [b]2016/03/25[/b]
    - Enabled ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) feature for camera
    [b]2016/03/24[/b]
    - Most stable release
    - Fully working camera/panorama/camcorder
    - Various small fixes
    [b]2016/03/21[/b]
    - Camera/Camcorder is partially working
    - Fixed audio bugs (mostly)

Source for building ROM:
    GitHub

Notes:
    - Recently opened apps is now mapped to 'long press home' instead of double tap.
    - "Sdcard" data is now stored under /data/media/0, and not /data/media.

My support for this ROM is limited. Flash at your own risk. Please report all bugs in this thread (with a logcat and dmesg) and I will try to fix them.

@hohosanta @CornfedChris Rom updated! Fixed the microphone/speaker bug but camera/camcorder still doesn't fully work.

Edit: I have fixed the camera issue and camcorder recording. Rom will be updated shortly.