ROM][STABLE][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Sanders

Search This thread
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fk5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Sanders

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
[SIZE="3"]* Disclaimer 
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
* if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
* BOOM! goes the dynamite[/SIZE]

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint Unlock
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • FP Gestures

Bugs :
  • Selinux Permissive

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and Gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the build
  • Flash Gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads:
ROM: LineageOS 17.1 for Sanders

Take a note that a lot of Lineage-OS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those in this ROM thread as you will be reported to moderator also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
a) Logcat
b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
c) data/tombstones
d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
Jorge Lucas
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-05
Last Updated 2020-01-05

Last edited:

aeos_

Mar 6, 2020
I somehow can't install Magisk. Is there any specific version you already tried that works? Or a different way to get root? I tried Magisk v14, v16.7, v17.1, v20.2, v20.3

kniffte

Mar 26, 2020
Security updates

Hey there,

thanks for the ROM, it has been running pretty smoothly since mid-February.

Now, I wonder, if there will be any security updates rolled out using this ROM. Do I need to wipe&flash the entire phone or do those updates get installed while continuing using the phone (re-installing would take ages...)?

I installed the Lineageos Downloader, but finds the installed nightly only, no previous or newer builds. Also, the LineageOS Update check (system settings -> System -> Updater) does not find anything.

Thanks for your help and stay save.

kniffte

Damage1972

• Hey there,

thanks for the ROM, it has been running pretty smoothly since mid-February.

Now, I wonder, if there will be any security updates rolled out using this ROM. Do I need to wipe&flash the entire phone or do those updates get installed while continuing using the phone (re-installing would take ages...)?

I installed the Lineageos Downloader, but finds the installed nightly only, no previous or newer builds. Also, the LineageOS Update check (system settings -> System -> Updater) does not find anything.

Thanks for your help and stay save.

kniffte

Hey amn, i'm not sure, but i thnk this build ia unofficial, therefore you won't find updates for it through "official" channels.
    Check with the dev to make sure, ok ?
    Updates will be posted in this thread.

sandronejm

Nov 10, 2018
    I somehow can't install Magisk. Is there any specific version you already tried that works? Or a different way to get root? I tried Magisk v14, v16.7, v17.1, v20.2, v20.3

Hmmm, I got a solution for installing Magisk in this ROM.

Step 1: install the app Magisk (find it searching on google).
    Step 2: Extract boot.img from the ZIP file of this Custom OS.
    Step 3: Put boot.img inside Downloads folder of your phone.
    Step 4: Open Magisk, select install, select Patch a specific image. Patch boot.img from Downloads folder. You will generate a file. Save this file in Downloads folder of your phone.
    Step 5: Restart phone in Bootloader mode and start TWRP.
    Step 6: Select install, open Downloads folder and still do not select any file. Click the button Install image, now the *.img files will be shown and search for the boot.img patched (not boot.img but boot.img patched). Select this file and advance selecting this: ***only boot image*** and confirm.
    Step 7: Reboot.
    Step 8: if you get bootloop, press and hold power + volume down for 20 seconds. It will restart normally.
    Step 9: check Magisk app. It is rooted now.

Credits: me :)

Reactions: khresnow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fk5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Sanders

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
      [SIZE="3"]* Disclaimer 
      * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
      * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
      * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
      * BOOM! goes the dynamite[/SIZE]

What's working :
      • Boots
      • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
      • Fingerprint Unlock
      • Wi-Fi
      • Bluetooth
      • Camera
      • Camcorder
      • Video Playback
      • Audio
      • Sensors
      • Flash
      • LED
      • GPS
      • FP Gestures

Bugs :
      • Selinux Permissive

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build and Gapps
      • Boot to recovery
      • Flash the build
      • Flash Gapps
      • Reboot

Downloads:
      ROM: LineageOS 17.1 for Sanders

Take a note that a lot of Lineage-OS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those in this ROM thread as you will be reported to moderator also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
      a) Logcat
      b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
      c) data/tombstones
      d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
      Jorge Lucas
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-05
      Last Updated 2020-01-05
      The first stable Gapps was released this weekend: https://www.xda-developers.com/open-gapps-android-10-roms/ https://linuxheadlines.show/88 https://opengapps.org/#downloadsection

But the first full Gapps for Android 10 is coming in mid February 2020 :)
      Can i dirty flash this over 10.0 pixel experience?
      Never dirty flash different roms!..clean flash